So tell me why this guy hates upper body so much? Always so little volume for upperbody

So tell me why this guy hates upper body so much? Always so little volume for upperbody.

It's just the beginner routine. He advocates using triceps extensions to improve your bench and ohp and include biceps curls at the end of your training if you actually give a shit about biceps. Lots and lots of chinups and pullups too. Add weight.

unironic /thread

>so little volume for upper body
>exact same amount of sets per week for bench/ohp than squat

the real question is why did he let himself get fat?

You clearly haven't read the book

Because of this guy I whisper "hiiip draaaaaa...." to myself when squatting.

it actually works tbf

Every time I so much as get up out of a chair I whisper "hip drahve" under my breath.

Thanks based Rippetoe

(it unironically works)

>Starting Strength
>Describes over and over the purpose of the program
>Even suggests programs to follow afterwards if you should desire volume
>Same amount of work for upper body and lower body
>Fucking tells you in the start that you can add chins/dips and light armwork if you want volume

hurr durr why is this not a volume upper body program

I do a perfect squat anytime I need to reach the floor for any reason, making a humping hip drahve movement at the bottom. People have asked

>quads
>hams
>calves

Get the same amount of sets as:
>lats
>rhoms
>bis
>tris
>pecs
>delts
>forearms
>traps
>abs

lol @ ur pic

incorrect

mike tippytoe is a true alpha
he only cares about strenght
looks are for fagets

>Strength gets you mires in the gym
>Looks gets you girls and social respect, resulting in a better wife, social circle and job

In this modern world, which one is more F U N C T I O N A L?

both are because to do either you probably spend a lot of time in the gym and it feels good to get mire from everyone involved.

this + he recommends skullcrushers, read the book you memeing fags

>involved.
you're around

>Strength gets you mires in the gym

So you can get mires from girls that hit the gym; girls that are fit and take care of themselves

Not bad desu

This is hard to look at

Seems to me that most girls in the gym (current year) are too vain to form stable relationships. But I might be confusing "horde of plastic Stacy's trying to be instagram famous" and "girls who are already fit".

because you're supposed to do HEAVY not OFTEN

but you DYELs never understand and, you want hose huge pecs and 6pack abs tomorrow

you'll never make it that's for sure

>Rectus femoris
>Vastus lateralis
>Vastus medialis
>Vastus intermedius
>Iliosoas
>Pectineus
>Gracilis
>Gluteus
>Plantaris
>Adductor longus and magnus
>Biceps femoris
>Sartorius

Get the same amount of sets as:

>shoulders
>arms
>neck

Gee, seems two can play this game.

>doing squats and deadlifts
It's like you fuckers want an unaesthetic wide core.

that's not a good thing, you have bench getting either 3 working sets a week, or 6 working sets a week

squats getting 9 working sets a week

there's a reason one of the first things that comes up when you google "starting strength bench" is countless people talking about how their bench and press is stalled

bench and press need MORE volume than squat and deadlift, not the same, not less, look at any decent program like Sheiko, look at the number of lifts for bench compared to squat compared to deadlift

sheiko isn't linear progression, there's no way you can progress every workout adding even more volume, what a stupid post

1. linear progression at the expense of building work capacity is not a good strategy, which is why novice programs designed by people who give a fuck past getting you strong right now for football do not look like starting strength (see Sheiko novice, JTS novice program)

but let's assume you insist on doing an LP program anyway

2. your pressing muscles will recover from more volume in the same timespan than your lower back, quads, glutes will, and systemic fatigue from bench and press is far lower than from squats, so why not give them that volume?

what a stupid post, lmao @ u DYEL

Probably more them doing bad form with their bench/press

>1.
irrelevant. If LP has stalled for good move to something else. If it hasn't then it's always going to be superior to any other style of program.

>2. your pressing muscles will recover .. blah blah blah so why not give them that volume?

bench/ohp combined are 9 sets per week, exact same as squats.

1. very relevant, LP routines necessarily limit fatigue to allow session to session progress - thereby limiting how much volume you can use, and how much work capacity you can develop - this makes transition to intermediate training much more difficult

2. bench and OHP require more volume than squat

you're out of your depth, stop posting, maybe come back when you've been lifting for 5 more years (you'll probably quit by then)

they require less volume than squat if your purpose is to get objectively stronger every two days. Sheikofags are mentally ill.

Stay mad, weakfag.