Pendlay Rows or Yates Rows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JL7eEe02b88
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

which muscleds u want, lefrf or right

pendlay rows are a meme just do regular rows desu senpai

chest supported bb row on a flat bench

Yates rows are usually done by the most DYEL dads in the gym. They're way too easy to kip and are used by weak back faggots.

Thanks for confirming you're dyel.

Pendlay rows are a meme literally never seen anyone doing them even at the several powerlifting gyms I've been to

>he doesn't realize that pendlay row's are a pointless meme

you're the actual dyel

Pendley rows. Just hit 3x135kg

Shh, let the dyels play.

Dumbbell Rows

>pendlay rows are a meme

harder lift, uses more upper back

yates makes it easier to cheat but definitely burns your lats harder.

youtube.com/watch?v=JL7eEe02b88

This is better than both.

Are you memeing? Not sure because this seems like it would work.

Pendlay rows are super easy to cheat on even by accident.

>work on your form
True but fuck off. It takes time. They're inefficient.

>Pendlay rows are super easy to cheat on even by accident.

No they aren't. You have to throw your upper body violently upwards then down to cheat on them. Yates are far easier to cheat on.

Your wrists can bend and your upper boy almost always moves up.

Really? Just because your stupid ass couldn't keep your upper body from moving doesn't mean the rest of us can't. And the wrist? Wider grip you fucking retard. You know what, never mind. Continue doing retard rows.

S E A L R O W S

>work on your form
see:
also never said i did yates rows

Are you Dorian Yates? No? Then do fucking normal rows, best case scenario is to use fucking benched rows

Kroc rows

anyone know where to get a bench like this?

Kek mad dyel over here (mdoh)

>FUCK OFF IT TAKES TIME WHAAAAA
Oh man, better do a half ass variation instead.
>brb squats are hard better use the smith machine
>brb bench is hard better use the pec deck
>brb OHP is hard better use a machine
Or you know, swallow your fucking ego and start with baby weight and work your way up as opposed to
>lel
>implying
>get dat max weight nigga

not an argument

never said i do any half ass variations.just asking if there was better alternatives. calm down

>not doing t-bar rows

And the yates row is not one of them. Why are you even in this fucking thread. A pendlay or just a row is a fucking row. There is not super secret state 2 alternative that we keep hidden from DYELs.

>just asking if there was better alternatives
And you never even fucking asked if there were alternatives in that reply chain you autist.

in a bench shop

What, powerlifters were not doing an olympic accessory lift?
Next you'll be telling me that they weren't doing drop snatches either.

You're the only one that keeps bringing up yates row and it honestly baffles me.

My first post here () was asking about an alternative lift and suddenly you two jumped down my throat putting words in my mouth.

>not just doing pull-ups

Don't you guys care about functional strength?

lol the fatty humiliating everyone

>vertical movement is comparable to horizontal one
Why not just do OHP instead of bench or dips?

just use a normal ench and stack some bumpers under the feet to raise it

>You're the only one that keeps bringing up yates row and it honestly baffles me.

Except you know the entire thread is about pendlay vs yates

>Are you memeing? Not sure because this seems like it would work.

>Pendlay rows are super easy to cheat on even by accident.

>>work on your form
>True but fuck off. It takes time. They're inefficient.

Where you asking about anything there? This might come as a surprise to you, but nobody knows what the fuck you are thinking unless you explicitly state it. You're a fucking retard.

God damn dude just take your loss like a man and close the thread and hit the sticky newbitch.

>Pendlay Rows or Yates Rows?

Pendlay rows or Y A T E S R O W S

Y A T E S R O W S

>Except you know the entire thread is about pendlay vs yates
Irrelevant. My initial post was not about either two. This is Veeky Forums and thread's derail constantly.

Not an argument. I am not OP.

Not an argument.

Also, it was pretty clear I was talking about the post I was responding to and he posted a video of an alternative lift. Maybe you should get laid buddy, you seem pretty angry.

Not an argument

Wow you're new.

Not an argument.

No see it is. You are new to lifting. This makes your fitness advice less credible.

Not an argument.

Jesus christ lurk more and stop posting

>pretty clear I was talking about the post I was responding to and he posted a video of an alternative lift
So where did you say you were looking for alternative lifts? We are just starting the 3rd month of 2017 and you have posted the dumbest shit I'll see on this board.

>You're the only one that keeps bringing up yates row

This entire thread is about yates rows vs pendlay rows

I've attached a picture that should help you understand. I've highlighed the areas of interest. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Irrelevant.

Image didn't upload for some reason. Here you go.

Congrats, you have autism. Fuck off to whatever board you came from twink.

Not an argument.

So where did you ask for alternatives?

also
>Image didn't upload for some reason. Here you go.

My sides are fucking in orbit right now

Home Depot

The person I was replying to posted an alternative, I asked him about it.

Once again, where did you ask for alternatives?

Hint: you didn't.

It's not often I see someone outside of baby boomers that has so much trouble conveying thought in text. Congratulations, you are that retard.

N O T A N A R G U M E N T

>Once again, where did you ask for alternatives?
The person I was replying to posted an alternative, I asked him about it. If you want to a pedantic fuck and argue semantics then go ahead. That's why nobody likes you.

>I asked him about it
Yeah and nowhere did you ask about alternatives to pendlay rows. You asked him about that meme tier garbage. Stop posting, you're only getting more retarded by the shitpost.

>That's why nobody likes you.
Not an argument

Veeky Forums is truly the most autistic board. go outside all of you

>Yeah and nowhere did you ask about alternatives to pendlay rows
He clearly stated it was superior to pendlay rows. That's why I asked him about it. I don't have to explicitly state "I want to use this as an alternative lift" in my post in order to ask him about it. In fact, based on the context of his post, that should be a given.

At this point it's clear you're just trying to argue semantics to recover some sense of victory. You are right, I did not explicitly state I was wondering if that lift would be a better alternative. I only implied it. Enjoy your victory.

Get help for your autism. It might not be an argument, but it is a real disorder.

>get COMPLETELY btfo
>w-work on your a-autism..

Not an argument

>tfw dyel
>keep getting bullied by chad
>doing pendlay rows

Pendlay for lats and explosiveness
Yates for upper back and core engagement

>explosiveness
what a meme

>And power! I train for power! I'm powerful!

>I train for functional strength

T bar rows and chest support Meadows rows. Home gym mustard race so I gotta make do. In a fully stocked gym I prefer Kroc style dumbbell rows

pendlay rows are only done by scrawny internet lifter nerds who think SL is a good program

pendlay row might as well be called incel row

you can do sets og 10 with the 60 lb db bench press and get the same chest development as being able to rep 225 on foat barbell bench . barbell vench is a meme.(chistmas story voice) youll tear your pec off

Why do I never really feel dumbbell rows in my lats, but more in my lower back/oblique area? Could I be going to wide? I always do them out of the rack or supported standing on the bench, never knee on bench.

>120 pounds is the same as 225 pounds
Sure buddy.

>b-but it's harder cus muh stabilizing
Yes, but not 105 pounds harder.

Stretch your lats at the bottom of the lift. Do full range of motion. Controlled the weight. Bring the dumbbell up your armpits.

Are you "exploding"? Control the weight.

Do higher reps, read up on Kroc rows, they build great back and grip strength. Seriously 2 sets of 20+ every workout or every other and you'll blow up. Plus sweet grip gains.

They're both shitty exercises and all the autists defending pendlay rows itt are SL DYELS. How's that for an argument?

this or the similar db rows. both will hit your back way better instead of you wasting all your energy on keeping form stable.

Stability is why I started doing t-bar and dumbbell row for lats and upper back. Even the Hammerstrength machines done one arm at a time are better than fucking barbell rows.

I have no idea why medhi insists on them. they're a complete meme excercise

What sort of routine would help me unlock this mode?

Sounds like sound advice.

T bar rows

fuck rows honestly, just do them as an accessory, chin ups and pull ups are much better for a pure back strength move

I do pendlay, but everyone at my gym does the bent over ones or yates and they swing their upper body and cheat that shit hardcore

Yates = reddit
Pendlay = Veeky Forums

How to Yates Row
>Go to the squat rack
>Put the pins at waist height
>rest the bar on the pins and load up 2+ pl8, or whatever is 200% your real max
>put your straps around the bar
>violently yank the bar up while throwing your upper body down until the bar hits your stomach
>slam it back on the pins
>look around to make sure someone is looking at you
>repeat for 4 more reps
Every fucking person at my old gym

>has probably never performed a single full clean.

Pretty much all the powerlifters at my gym do not do it at uni. Guys squatting between 400-500 lbs all dont do it. But the most impressive deadlift I have seen yet was a 6pl8 one so that might be why.

T-bar is warmup ^_^

You don't say. Who would have ever thought power lifters, who focus on 3 compounds and a few accessories, would not do an olympic lifting accessory. Next thing you'll tell me they don't do clean and jerks either. Really fired the neurons.

This man knows

not an argument

Lol this. Pendlay rows suck for building a big back. Yates rows are better because they allow you to overload the back.

You aren't supposed to do rows super strict.