If the purpose of bulking is to consume protein

If the purpose of bulking is to consume protein...
can you bulk with protein powder?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/content/how-to-bulk-up-fast-without-getting-fat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kys

the purpose of bulking is to consume calories

just bee ur self

why?

why not just protein?

calories in vs calories out. You cant gain weight, be it fat or muscle if you're not eating above your TDEE.

can you explain why do you need to eat calories, rather than simply just protein?

do you need other shit beyond protein to make the muscle bigger?

>do you need other shit beyond protein to make the muscle bigger?

Yes, calories. If you eat 1500 calories of protein and nothing else you won't get bigger.

that makes sense.

then what's the purpose of protein powder?

supplementing the protein because you dont get enough from your natural diet OR just plain more protein than you would get naturally.

So, basically your advice is to eat meat and eggs?

>then what's the purpose of protein powder?

it makes your farts smell bad so you can scare of normies in the gym

>do you need other shit beyond protein to make the muscle bigger?
Yes, calories.

We have whats called TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calories are energy. Most people naturally eat at their TDEE, they don't gain weight and they don't lose weight they just maintain what they have. Calories are needed to keep you brain, organs, muscles from deteriorating. When you eat above your TDEE you will gain weight. Your body takes in more energy/or more calories than it needs, so instead of waisting them they store those extra calories as FAT.
(eating fat doesn't make you fat, calories do, HIGH FAT food just tends to be more calorie dense)
When you eat under your TDEE your body isn't getting enough calories to run properly so what does it do? thats correct, it burns the access calories its stored (fat) in order to get what it needs.

Muscles also increase your TDEE, thats where exercise and protein come into play. It doesn't matter how hard you workout, if you're not eating above your TDEE you will not gain muscle. Why? because eating at or under your TDEE your body is getting just enough or less than what it needs. So, it will not add muscle thus increasing your TDEE because the amount you're eating barley sustains what you already have.

When eating UNDER your TDEE your body will get energy/calories from other sources, meaning your body. Like I said before, fat, but also muscle. If you try eating under your TDEE without exercising your body will canabilize your muscles as well as your fat. Why? Because your body sees you aren't using your muscles, which must mean you don't need them. It needs calories, protein, nutrients, and since you don't use/dont need your muscles your body will use them as a source of calories as well. It prioritizes you organs before anything else, especially muscles that you don't even use.

Protein is simply a building block for muscles. None of what I just said is important without adequate protein intake.

bulking is a beautiful way of life, don't try to slander it with asking if you can bulk with protein powder. it's about eating more than is necessary so you can feel superior to others by expressing your surplus in resources and by making your body take up more of their space.

>just did the math and it turns out my protein shakes are 400 kcals

What the fuck, mang. That's like a donut a day.

so?

all that matters is protein and calories, if you're able to get in enough protein theres no reason why you couldn't fill the rest of your caloric needs with donuts.

I know, but it was still more than I expected. NBD, I'll just cut back on the actual donuts.

just don't cut back on my brown donut senpai :^)

how do you bulk without getting fat?

That's the point of the bulk, gain weight

Follow your dreams user

bodybuilding.com/content/how-to-bulk-up-fast-without-getting-fat.html

For someone that is a hungry skeleton like myself I'll take what I can get. I'm dirty bulking soo yeah

You need to do both. You require a certain number of calories, AND a certain portion of those calories have to be protein.

The purpose of bulking is to consume a bunch of excess energy so you remain in an anabolic state most of the time.

this is bullshit lol, there's no magical shake that will make you only gain muscle

no one gonna check these digits and thank me for this well written post I put together for the OP?