Why do you lift?

Being brutally honest here I lift because getting fit does help some with social anxiety, I tend to avoid any interaction with strangers, I tend to avoid eye contact but now instead of looking down the ground I fixed my posture and simply look forward over everyone.

What about you?

>and simply look forward over everyone.
I will never know that feel

Same user, same. I'm not socially awkward anymore and hold my shoulders high and have better posture. Plus I was 6'3" 125 lbs and hated being tiny.

I lift because it feels good, gives me goals and I like the pump. I got sick of muscle strains and injuries over the last couple years so I'm thinking of taking up rowing or something instead though

I lift because im chasing a perfect version of myself, and i know that even if i can't achieve that ideal, i'm gonna get real fuckin close

I lift because that way I feel like I am accomplishing something at least.

I lift so that I will be attractive enough for women to ignore my shit personality.

To feel a sense of superiority and compensate for my total lack of game with grills.

Not that it has the effect on grills I imagined, im still awquard as fuck from time to time and hate it when a grill im eyeing goes to another man. But it somewhat helps. Tinder game has skyrocketed, which is a real help when a girl I want dont want me.

I lift for confidence and somewhat girls. inb4 hur dur what a faggot.

fuck me for wanting to look good naked or a the pool

i lift for revenge bod. I also CRUSH my classwork for revenge job/career. I want to be shredded, loaded, and hopefully at some point happy, so the girl that wasted 5 years of my life kills herself (hopefully)

So I can push your mom off me after we fuck

are you me? I remember back in the day when I was a dyel, if I saw niggers on my path I would switch roads to avoid them. Now not only do I not change roads, I also look them straight in the eyes while walking by. And they always look away.

I'm too scared to talk to girls, so I thought lifting might give me more confidence. Unfortunately even though I'm good looking as well no worthwhile girl talks to the guy first.

look through the gap between their legs

> the gap between their legs
So look at their dick?

well everybody should have some form of exercises in their routine

I currently can't do swimming so I resort to lifting

I like the strength I get from it, the aesthetics (and bigger size which makes me look healthier than before skinny dyel), and the results I get in both my strength gains (being able to bench 1pl8) and my health gains (both mental and physical)

Having been fat an lazy for most of my life and being a kissless virgin at 29 I guess I'm looking for some sense of self-worth.

This.

Exactly this right here.

If I lose the girl I'm with now it's a win/win.

She'll just see me looking great by the pool with other girls.

Yeah it won't help with the emotions but it'll still feel good for a bit.

no, lower
ya seething manlet

Right know just to keep my current gains.

I like lifting heavy thing and putting them back down.

To forget.

i lift for strength, aesthetics, myself, bitches and my homeland.

because it's how i cope with loss

just to suffer

the only thing keeping me from killing myself

I can't agree more. I was about to the same exact thing. My first love 5 years later told me she never connected with me on a physical left and just ignored me after.

Same here... I was a scared kid, social anxiety, I wanted a confidence boost and I wanted to get laid.

I realized later that it helps a little but not enough, and what really REALLY helps you with that is just talking to people and girls until it becomes natural for you.

this desu

Used to lift to get into Police Force, but since i was rejected because of bad Eyes, i just do it since i've got nothing better to do while waiting for responses to my job applications.

So I don't feel tired all the time, I want to have full control over my body.

Because I remember how much I used to hate myself every time I looked in the mirror, and nowadays the mirror is more of a reminder that I still have room to improve, but that I have also made decent progress since starting.

I'm by no means the strongest guy on Veeky Forums, but as long as I can keep improving, I don't care. I think if I fall back to the level I was before, I would just kill myself, so the more I distance myself from that place, the better.

to escape feelings of gender dysphoria

I too enjoy doing this

I also enjoy the results so as far as I can tell it's a win-win situation

One day my waifu will be real and I need to be ready to be the man of her dreams just like how she is the woman of my dreams.

Because it helps me deal with my depression symptoms and it keeps me healthy.

I started lifting to look better for my gf, to be able to throw her around in bed while fucking, and to generally feel better and stave off the burgeoning alcoholism and depression. Been working pretty well so far. Thanks, Veeky Forums.

There is no other way to live

I used to lift to get over my ex gf. But that was 6 years ago and I just never stopped. It's the best habit I've ever picked up.

I want to be really fucking strong, God willing, and my genetics allow it.
The one thing I've always been good with is my physical fitness. I ran, sprinted, and did basic calisthenics for years before lifting.

I just hate that I didn't start younger.

I lift because it numbs the pain and loneliness that hasn't left me since gf and I went long distance bc of Uni. Plus it makes me feel good when I see her and she remarks on how good I'm looking.

>I'm gonna be one of the tallest in any given room
>I'm gonna be one of the smartest in any given room
>I'm gonna have the biggest dick in any given room

may as well be the most fucking jacked in those rooms too

inb4 narcissist

Narcissism is a myth invented by those who are inferior to the more evolved to make themselves feel better.