Gastric Bypass Surgery

Any former fat anons try this? How well did it work?

Just stop eating.

You seriously consider an operation instead of eating less shit? Kek

it just doesn't work, if I stop eating then it takes over all my avenues of thought and I can't function out in the world

LITERALLY just eat less

have you considered killing yourself?

How long have you tried before giving in?

I used to be like that until I brainwashed myself into longer feeling hunger. It's literally all in the mind.

>Bypass surgery
>Eat than shit

You literally become a duck.

have you tried intermittent fasting?

it makes it easier to eat less if you only have a small window in which you're allowed to eat.

former fat fag who lost 47 kilos here.

count your calories and exercise you fuck.

conditioning your self discipline is far important than your weight. surgery is just a easy and TEMPORARY solution, if you keep up your fat fuck behaviour ,the intestine will strech and you will keep stuffing your face.

You start off by eating a little less than you normally do each day. Eventually your stomach starts to shrink as well.

Learn some discipline, its not hard.

Pretty much this

>aunt decided to have one because of laziness
> keep saying how great it is and that she is eating less
> Christmas eve eating for 4 hours
> she had to go to the toilet 6+ times and people going after her says it smells like Satan's anus

fast forward six month she is still a fatass lazy cunt with the added benefit of not being able to have any nice meals because of how fucked up her digestive system is.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Obesity Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Eat Like Nigga Close Your Mouth Haha

Like 19 hours

puf

Despite what Veeky Forums says, gastric bypass surgery is a relatively safe surgery and is *the* most effective way to lose weight statistically speaking. Yes, it's simply eat less calories/lose weight but at a population level, most people will have given up on their diets within a few months, and are back to their original weight or heavier within about 6-12 months. For fatties with no willpower like Opie, gastric bypass is pretty much the only legally available option that works even for you guys who refuse to stop eating. There are a few drugs that work also but they are illegal because they give you heart problems and basically kill you.

I had to write a literature review on the effects roux-en-y gastric bypass on obesity-related biomarkers for some coursework not long ago, and basically it improves everything and significantly decreases your risk for most obesity related ailments. This is mainly due to the fact that it helps you lose weight quickly, but also due to some of the physiological changes associated with the surgery itself that are independent of weight gain. The surgery itself obviously shouldn't be taken lightly, but if you've tried dieting several times and haven't achieved anything, it's definitely better than nothing, and some surgeons shilling their surgeries would argue it's even better than losing weight in the traditional way. I'd probably only consider it if you're properly obese though, not just a little bit overweight.

It helped me alot.
I weighed 340 lbs and wnet to 150 and then to 180 after bulking.
A surgery is not a magic cure thou, yes it will help you eat less but you still got to adapt. I went to 260 lns w/o much eating habits and after I had to start changing my lifestyle to get results. Started doing cardio and eating healthy. Eventually took up lifting aswell.
Like the other anons said it doesn't change you from a lazy piece of shit to a good healthy person overnight. For every bypass patient that really changes and does effort their are 9 who keep esting like shit and dont do any sports. It does give you a jumpstart thou. What the other anons said about being a duck is true and false. If you keep eating like shit you'll have to go to the bathroom alot and ypur shit will smell, if you eat healthy your bowel movement will be normal. I only go once a day after breakfast usually.
Your aunt probably went to the tpilet because she had to puke, not to shit. Like I said, this surgery is not a magic cure.

If any of you read any real studies on weightloss you should know permanent weightloss for morbidly obese people is a myth unless they get surgery. Ypu can go and start hating and spewing broscience bullshit to try and counter this FACT now :).

Dont get me wrong I am against HAES and despise fat people now but if it takes a surgery to get you to be healthy go for it. It was one of the best choices in my life and I am a supporter of this surgery.

My mother went through it a few years ago. She rapidly lost weight for a while then stopped somewhere in the overweight range (down from morbidly obese). She's stayed there since, hasn't put on or lost any weight. I'd like her to be healthier still, but it's a huge improvement.

How about just NOT eating so much!

Hi OP,

It won't work well - do you think bypassing your fucking stomach is a good idea?

Why would you think this?

Apply some logic to this situation.

Stop trying to find the easy way out and measure what your fat ass is putting into your body.

If you can't do this, step in front of some traffic or deepthroat a shotgun.

Have a good one.

wow 19 WHOLE hours?
kys

Or you could just put down the fork instead of ruining your insides

They should add an electric valve with remote control. So you can push the button and became thin when you'll need to.

DON NOT FUCKING DO THIS.

YOU CUT OFF PARTS OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM THE BRAIN NEEDS TO TALK TO.

IF THE RUBBER BAND, YES A FUCKING RUBBER BAND THAT IS TIED AROUND YOUR STOMACH SLIPS, YOU DIE IF NOT TREATED.

HOW DO THEY DETERMINE YOU NEED TREATMENT? MAYBE THE SAME WAY THEY DETERMINE IF I SHOULD BE ABLE TO POST HERE.

Just take your time, yo body is important.

you are a waste of a human and should rather instead consider suicide if you seriously can't stop yourself from eating less

god did not intend for this

just dont eat holy shit

I wish my dad could just stop... i mean its not my body, but he is fat as fuck and his QoL went to shit.

Gastric banding is a different surgery to a gastric bypass and I am not aware of any cases of anyone dying from a band slipping.

Veeky Forums should leave medical related things to doctors and medical professionals. Bariatric surgery is largely risk-free and is well-supported by the scientific literature as being safe and effective

Part of truly becoming "not fat" is abandoning the lack of self control that fundamentally got you there in the first place

I've seen plenty do it and know it's 100% possible so there is no excuse, this is just another mitigation tactic that is going to ultimately result in you getting fat and/or unhealthy again

>CUTTING UP your organs and PERMANENTLY seizing use of your stomach instead of JUST EATING LESS
>not needing to KYS

pick only one

Obesity is a mental disorder and has to be treated as such.

Appetite suppressants, fatbinders, surgery etc. will not fix your mental weakness.

I know a guy who did this. He only weighed like 200 pounds but he lived in Brazil so he went for it.

Long story short, he ruined his life. The operation was a success but later on something tore and he began to bleed copiously out of the anus. He went to the hospital and basically died. Somehow after a month he managed to get out of there, but even now, a year later, he can't even lift the bar. His only solace is that he's a spoiled rich brat and will never have to work again.

Don't do it, user.

Do not do it.

/thread

My sister was the same way. Muh thyroid, muh genetics. I got her on a low carb diet. It's a meme, but that will cut out the bread, soda, sugar, etc, which is where almost all of your empty calories come from.

You could make an exception for all vegetables except red and white potatoes.

>empty calories

no such thing you memelord

Not when it comes to macros, but a product like Mountain Dew or cheetos provide almost no nutrients while making up 30-40% of a person's caloric intake.

your pic? pls elaborate on your cut

You misinterpret the meaning of the term

Not me. But any good diet with 250-1000 deficit will do for big weight loss.

I have assisted on several autopsies on people who have had the procedure, some have died within 24- 48 hours after due to pulmonary emboli

It is not a "safe" procedure, it is surgery & has inherent risks.

Would not recommend...

It's misuse of the term and spreading it keeps people dumb.

If you meant nutrient poor foods without micronutrients and phytochemicals it's empty indeed.

If you really need to resort to modifying your body via surgery rather than have it like nature intended, you are just a lazy fuck with no willpower who deserves to forever be fat.

Fucking disgusting.

"Empty" in that context is just often used as a shorthand for "almost non-satiating", i.e. a 150g of chicken fillet and a 400ml glass of coke may have about the same calories, but the former will leave you fuller for longer

But all surgeries carry a risk and most procedures have killed people at some point in time, right?

No, cutting out a section of your stomach and connecting it to your small intestine is never going to be amazingly safe, but compared to most surgeries it has a pretty comparable risk rating from memory, and if I was incapable of losing weight through willpower, I'd certainly take the risk of surgical problems over the risk of dying slowly and painfully from diabeetus at 50

>incapable of losing weight through willpower

what does this even mean

the 0.0001% of our population that actually have an organ problem that causes them to put on fat excessively?

My dad did this. He was humongous, like 6ft 300+ pounds. After several months he had a intensely drastic change in weight. He ended up looking like a crack addict, he was so skinny.

He also had weird complications with food from what I remember. Pizza dough would hurt his stomach, spaghetti pasta would (still does) upsets his stomach.

I would only do it if I were hopelessly over weight, because it looks like a miserable way to loose weight.

Wow you cured obesity. They should give you a nobel prize. /s

My friend got it done. It's fucking obnoxious seeing him post progress pics and getting pats on the back as if he actually achieved something. Of course, he leaves the surgery part of it out of the caption and makes sure his after pic is always at the "gym".

Know a guy who got lapband about 15 years ago, lost weight and kept it off for about 8 years.

He's ~400 lbs now, he stretched his esophagus into a makeshift stomach. He aspirates old food in his sleep on top of having apnea, he's got to go on a 4 week liquid diet to try and shrink it back down and then get the band readjusted.

I'm surprised that doesn't just turn him into a mucus monster

There are plenty of fat people who know that being fat is killing them and don't like it. Regardless, there is something stopping them from losing weight. Usually I'd say it's some form of mental illness but whatever mental block they have that stops them from committing to a diet, that doesn't change the fact that they're still fat and despite all their attempts, they have failed to lose the weight.

Yes, eating less would lose them the weight, but evidently, their personalities or psyches or whatever have you are incompatible with this idea.

No fat people want to be fat, and most know that it is doing terrible things to their health. If it was as simple for them as 'just eat less', they'd be skinny by now. That would work, but they are incapable of doing that, just like telling a depressed person 'just be happy' would work if they could, but they can't.

Mental illness is a thing, despite Veeky Forums's macho 'just don't be a sad cunt bro' mentality

It does, he's always hacking stuff up. He just had a kid too, hope he gets his shit together.

>planet fitness

But it isn't incapability. They are capable of it.

Not even 100 years ago less than 10% of this country was even "overweight", and 5% obese

We are at 30% obesity now and climbing, I don't think bona fide mental illness works that way

The truth is food is cheap, high calorie, and plentiful these days, and people feel good when they stuff themselves. Lack of self control.

Being fat is caused by a mental disorder it seems.

Usually things on Veeky Forums don't trigger me, but just thinking of the pathetic waste of life who wrote this, imagining him being allowed to exist and breath my oxygen... My blood is boiling

Actually (thank god), obesity rates seem to be leveling and hopefully reversing in the near future thanks to increased awareness, better medical treatment and 'the survivor's effect' (aka all the fatties are dying).

But are you trying to insinuate that if we had this food system 100 years ago, the people then would be more strong willed than today's people and no one would get fat? Depression is also significantly higher now than at any other point measured in history, and that is due to hundreds of compiling factors, but regardless, today's environment seems to bring out depression in people at a far greater rate than ever before. Same thing with food.

There are also some epigenetic changes that appear to have been introduced to a portion of the population in the last hundred years that predispose them to obesity. The foods we eat are effecting the hormonal profiles of people causing them to be hungrier and expend less energy. For plenty of reasons, yes, mental illness does work that way. Just like we had a lot more polio 100 years ago due to the environment. Doesn't change the fact that people had polio and needed treatment

This. His disgusting and pathetic lack of self control and willpower should be a much bigger concern than his weight.
If you are weaker than basic impulses, what's the point of living

Lol man you 4chinners have some pretty twisted views on things.

People give in to basic impulses, that's why they have sex. That's why the fap. That's why they eat. That's why they start families. That's why they shitpost on Veeky Forums

Different people have differing impulses that effect them at different levels. You can make a pretty convincing argument that anything anyone ever does is dictated by their biology, their hormones, their environment, etc, and that free will is a myth and everyone's just following the laws of classical mechanics (that's how neurons seem to fire in our brains, that's how signals pass throughout the body, etc). Being fat isn't really anyone's fault, but it is a shitty condition that we should do our best to help with.

In fact, the only real way you might be able to disprove that we don't just think what our bodies tell us to think is by evoking some element of randomness, like the heisenberg uncertainty principle in quantum mechanics. There is some evidence that the brain operates on a quantum level, but we really don't know enough about anything quantum yet to be making statements about how that affects consciousness

You know it's not really mental disorders. It's ignorance. People just don't know how to eat, or how to break their habits, not to mention half the problem is the people you eat with. Oddly, it seems to be a point of shame that people don't know how to fundamentally feed themselves, and they don't connect that to the fact that people ALREADY know that because you're a fat fuck.

The other problem is that no one ever comes up with a better plan than "eat less", or acknowledges the very real effects that come with drastic diet changes. Like the first thing obese people should do is cut out anything sweet. The thing is, you're in for a hell of a week as your body screams at you to go eat some sugar because your insulin production is used to running at maximum, and so you get real pissy with your family, and even then it's SUPER easy to fall back in to old habits because you drink a soda and it didn't kill you, so maybe you can do another, and before you know it you're right back where you are.

I'm thinking I ought to write something about my own experience losing weight, if only because people seem to have this idea that obesity is a mental illness and not a consequence of genuine ignorance. (Coincidently, not an easily remedied ignorance, because there is no authority that is any good at this shit because calories in/calories out is so basic that every nutritionist twat wants to add some spin on it that does more harm than good)

Everyone is being a fucking dick, but they are right. Ten years from now, will you be happy that do you that? When you conquer your problem with food, will you look back and feel shame over the fact that you couldn't conquer a problem that will seem so mundane in the future?

You should try intermittent fasting to shrink your stomach back down. I was fat once too, the surgery isn't the way to go. If you truly want to be rid of this problem, you need to face it head on and deal with how brutal it might seem. Your mind is the biggest part of this.

My mother had it done and she lost a lot of wieght because of it. She's at a healthy weight now but the only problem is the leftover skin

spot the fatty

>reaching all the way to the uncertainty principle and quantum mechanics to claim that being fat isn't your fault

Are you by any change over 15% bodyfat? These fucking mental gymnastics goddammit.

It's just weak impuls control, which is always a matter choice.

Nope, former skelly now trying to break out of ottermode. I'm also accredited to take skinfolds and am around 12% atm.

Just know that the 'just do it' mentality doesn't work for everyone. If it did, everyone would be rich and in shape.

And can you argue against the idea that no one's really in control of anything? If you could, I'd be interested in hearing it.

This is what a gastric bypass is? How the fuck do you digest the food?

You still have a portion of your stomach there, just a large chunk of it and a chunk of your small intestine are cut out. You digest food as normal in the stomach portion, just less of it, and the beginning portion of your small intestine is rerouted to connect to where your new stomach opening connects, so all the gastric juices filled with enzymes you need to digest your food are still making it into the small intestine.

Basically the idea is just that less food fits in your stomach, and goes through quicker, meaning you take in less calories. Sounds brutal but it works, very backed up by the science

ive lost 10kg in the last month from intermittent fasting and keto diet and I am a fat fuck. Literally just stop eating. That surgery gives the same results it just forces you to stop

Congrats brother. Get in the gym when you get a chance to put some muscle on. More muscle mass will help you burn fat faster and make you look better.

spot the ignorant

>muh feelings

Take responsibility for your weight. You're never going to improve if you are always blaming some external factor. No matter how fat you are now, there's been someone bigger than you that has lost the weight. Stop making excuses.

But you're the one posting with feelings user. There's some pretty decent science going in this thread and you're ignoring it to say 'lol stop being fat, fatties'. If you can't realise it's drastically more complicated than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, it's as simple as calories in/calories out. But getting people to balance those calories is much more complicated. Eat less isn't something fatties haven't heard before. If they hadn't, you could make millions selling a diet book that says 'eat less calories than you burn'.

This is just like telling a drug addict 'just stop doing drugs, lol'. That clearly doesn't work and isn't very helpful to the overall problem

The problem is that fatties are told that it's more complicated than calories in/ calories out. Instead of doing the hard work, they just want an easy solution. Stop crying and put in the work.

The fuck?

I agree that a lot of fatties are told it's more complicated than calories in/calories out which does give them something to blame it on, and hinder some of their motivation towards traditional dieting. Yes, it is true that when you're fat, your hormone profile changes and your body holds onto energy more readily. But if you're consuming less energy than you're burning, you're still going to lose weight. Basic thermodynamics really..

But saying 'stop crying and put in the work' just doesn't do anything. Education would help, sure. Teaching fatties that diets can work (although statistically like 99% of them fail because people give up) is a start, but for most fat people, abusing them just isn't going to help. Cutting out part of their stomach, however, is proven to make them eat less and thus make them lose weight. There are negatives associated with it, but it definitely beats all the negatives that come from being obese

Or, you could just stop eating. Fatties try all these meme diets and then cry when they aren't losing 100 pounds a month.

Learn what it takes to formulate a plan, stick to that plan through the ups and downs, and see results. It's a life skill that will help you in every aspect of life.

Lmao, please answer OP

Lost 60+ pounds naturally, now 6'0 180lbs. I think gastric bypass is a stupid thing to do because you aren't really learning anything about how to eat healthy or live a healthy lifestyle, you're literally just lowering the amount of food you can eat. I've read it absolutely sucks too though because you can only eat certain foods and it fucks up your digestive system. It's a marathon not a sprint, it takes months if not years to become overweight, it'll take months to years to lose it, trust the process and hang on for the ride.

If it means anything to you, he's still a fat fuck in his after pic

op you've already convinced yourself you ca,n't lose weight. save yourself the time and money and just die a morbidly obese piece of shit at age 41

this OP, killing yourself would eliminate all cravings, nobody who's dead overeats

I'm gonna do a 3 day fast tomorrow. My family always eats junk on Friday through Sunday and I'm just going to lie to them and say I ate already.

I've been wanting to cut down to 180. I'm currently hovering from 237-240. I started at 280, but I've been around this weight for 3 months. I don't know why. I track my calories and stay at the 1600 mark but I lose weight then gain it back out of nowhere. Last week I was 237. This morning I was 238 and a few hours ago I'm 240 again.

>I'm currently hovering from 237-240. I started at 280, but I've been around this weight for 3 month
in the same position here
>tfw 50 lbs lost but you dont see a difference and are still fat as fuck
guess its all real but man wish there was a bigger physical difference

Gastric bypass typically isn't needed unless you're morbidly obese. Gastric balloons are cheaper, don't require surgery and are completely reversible.

Gastric bypasses have a 15% chance to incur complications and a 0.5% chance of death.

What weight/height are you, may I ask?

If you're experiencing extreme fatigue by eating less then there's a couple of things it could be:

>Placebo - your habitual eating has created an OCD like mechanism in your brain that causes you to feel tired

>An actual disease

>You're not changing your diet for long enough to give your body time to adapt

Number 2 is easy to check for. Go to the doctor and explain what you're feeling. Insist on blood tests and what-not.
If the doctor says nothing is wrong apart from your weight after that then it's placebo.

Only way to fix an issue that your mind is causing is to try and use it to your advantage.
For instance only eating at certain times will get you into a habitual rythm which will be hard to break.

Also the human body is quite adaptable but you have to give it time. If you eat the same amount of food at regular intervals for about a week your body will get used to it and you'll feel better.

6'5, 260 lbs

Morning is when most people are at their lightest so it's normal to weigh more later on in the day.

How active are you? How much do you weight without fat?

Body fat percentage?
I'm 5'11, 250lbs and I'd never consider a gastric bypass.

Maybe I don't quite understand how the gastric bypass works but isn't skipping past the duodenum a tremendously bad thing? That's where almost all of the chemical digestion your body does takes place. You'd basically be shitting out all the nutrients from your food..

My landwhale coworker is in the process of doing this. One day I will tell her the harsh truth
The mental masturbation they got going is incredible all they have to do is eat less. They would rather get surgery then change their food.

Most nutrient diffusion occurs in the intestines.
But you're right, the stomach has so many uses that would be rendered obselete with a bypass.

It's just that the body is pretty good at compensating for missing organs.

not sure but probably a lot

my mother had gastric bypass in 07 and has regained some of the weight. without adhering to a good diet it changes nothing in the long run.

every now and again she says she regrets it. I was slated for surgery in 09 but pussied out and decided to do it 'the hard way', it took 5 years to get started but I'm glad I did