Divine Liturgy in the Orthodox Church

>Divine Liturgy in the Orthodox Church
Solemn, serious and follows millenary traditions.
>Mass in Catholic Church
Guitars and popular music, is like some Evangelical rite.
I was raised Orthodox in a Catholic country so I've seen the two. Why so much difference in this aspect?
A video with some examples:
youtu.be/xHra5pWlyuI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kyTPkAWhx_U?t=62
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Orthodox are LARPers, Catholics aren't.

LARPing as?

medieval people

You say this like it's a bad thing

Constantinople is owned by Muslims for half a millennia now, minarets stand over the Hagia Sophia and Christians there face discrimination. The Moscow patriarch was taken over by KGB atheists to be used to harvest incriminating confessions and control the populace, which continues to this day.
Meanwhile, the Catholic church has stood unbroken.
I think we know who the real cucks are.

""""Traditionalist"""" Catholics are LARPers of the highest caliber as well. SSPX are the real heretics. These LARPers forget that Pride is the most deadly of the 7 sins, while Lust is the least.

t. an actual practicing Catholic

Romanian orthodox here, ignore the heresy going on in the thread, OP. Orthodox rituals are fairly different based on the country. I find masses to be the most solemn in ukraine while they are the most relaxed in greece. Romanian orthodoxy is standing as strong as ever, but if only corruption wouldn't spread to even the clergy...
Also, the Holy Tradition in the Orthodox faith doesnt prohibit other rituals than the Holy Rites. In some areas of Moldova they even have old pagan rituals which are considered holy by the church, at least as far as i know. In romania, we celebrate the Epiphany on the 6th of january by throwing a cross in the danube and offering blessings to the person who is capable of recovering it from the icy water.

Nice cheery picking, you should have done a bit more research instead of posting an embarrassing, uninformed opinion like this.

This. Literally can't be denied, no matter how it hurts, although
>unbroken
Amoris Laetitia threw Church in confusion

Can you source me the thing about Moldova? Sounds intriguing.

t. Catholic Pole

wrong, Orthodox have the digits

All of the articles that i can find specifically about moldova are in romanian, but to tell the story of the first thing that came to mind was this tradition where two neighbouring villages send their young men to fight each other on the fields with sticks naked while wearing these hilarious oversized hats on new years. The priests of both villages bless the young men before the fight and the village whose men would win will host the masses of the two villages in their church. This, as i have read, has roots in paganism, but i cant be sure.
Another weird tradition that comes to mind is how moldovans are supposed to burn basil at their baptizations while the rest of romania doesn't do that. Also, the mother of the baptized son is told a special prayer and she is not allowed to step into a church for 40 days after the baptization. There are so many area specific traditions that i can talk about, but obviously, there dont seem to be many articles specifically about them in english.

>Meanwhile, the Catholic church has stood unbroken.

>Christians there face discrimination
You mean like Christ? You mean like the apostles? You mean like Christians under Nero? I guess they weren't real Christians, since Christ didn't own a big palace in the middle of Rome

your pope is litterally a puppet of George sorrows, why do you think the last pope got replace by franciswhile he was still in the flesh

at least neither are pr*testants

why do Orthodox always try to start fights with Catholics

youtu.be/kyTPkAWhx_U?t=62

orthodox tend to be the most prideful of all denoms, but also suffer from extreme inferiority complexes

>wanting a nationalist church
Why tho
>tfw not enough Anglicans joined the Catholic Church in the late 19th century

>Muh old pre Vatican II Mass
Nobody does it.

Oh look it's another redditor who doesn't understand the chad vs virgin meme

Wait? Why do you think this specific meme isn’t over the top garbage? It’s very clearly mocking towards orthodox priests

>SSPX

Can someone give me a quick rundown on these guys? I thought they were traditionalists against the memes portrayed by the likes of the current Pope and company. However you claim they're heretics.

Care to chime in?

>Meanwhile, the Catholic church has stood unbroken.
Hello! Remember the little thing called reformation? That gave the vatican a boogeyman to rally against and downplay the catholics's internal differences.

E.g.: The late 1800s. Spain was a quite modern and militaristic state. Italy was just a geographic concept and the upper class was pacifistic.

>quads
They are autistic sedevacantists. Because of the 2nd Vatican Council there's no real pope. Therefore they can make their own popes.

>Spain was a quite modern and militaristic state
Yeah, so?

How much truth there is in this image?

>Guitars and popular music
>Catholic Church

I have literally never heard a guitar inside my local Church in my life, our priest would do the mass in Latin if he could

Ive seen liturgical abuses in the orthodox liturgy as well.

The latin mass is free from liturgical abuses only modernist heretic priests offer mass with guitars or other protestantized errors.

Paul never claimed that he became the messiah, only that he had a vision of the risen Christ. Also, his name was Saul before conversion. His 'destruction of Christianity' is probably the only reason that Christianity is considered to be anything more than another sect of messianic Judaism.

Jews, Masons, and Liberals infiltrated the RCC, but for the most part they have been unable to get a hold on the EOC.

As much as i don't like muslims and how un-civil and stupid some of the things they say on these shows, i can't help but to agree with them.

When I speak with the Tradcaths they usual start the fights but it does happen both ways.