What's fit opinion on concrete weigths?

What's fit opinion on concrete weigths?

fine but make sure you obtain a cheap carpet to put under it or after every set you're going to have to wiggle it out of the fucking ground.

If I drop them do they break in half?

why do you need to drop them?

3rd world shithole tier

/thread

>he brags about being in a cuck nation
kys cumskin.

Fuck off troll

it would be extremely painful

...for you

>tips menora

Will change in weight when wet, even if it looks dry. Needs radial and circumferential reinforcement or that shit will tear right in the middle vertically at first drop.

>at the library

You'll need to case them on something. I had a set that were dipped in hard plastic that held it all together.

Honestly, if you keep the mold and are alright with making new weights every 4-6 months or so, they're fine. This would be more expensive than buying a good set of steel plates, but to each their own.

1 kg of concrete powder is less than half a dollar.

how is more expensive than steel plates?

Over the life of the plates, you're going to spend more remaking these then you would just buying steel plates.

You could reinforce it with rebar and use some kind of encasement to hold it all together if you wanted them to last forever.

yeah, but you only need to make one new every month.

is like microtransactions, more expensive in the end, but easier to pay.

>cost of materials
>labor
>time

Go on Craigslist or go to Dunhams. You can easily get a 300lb set for around 300 dollars that will last you the rest of your life with little maintenance. How would concrete NOT be more expensive?

>mixing some concrete is some ultra hard specialized subject you need a PHD to make

I don't have 300 bucks fagget.

That sounds great until you've got the plates in the air and one starts to crumble, throwing the whole barbell off balance. It's going to end badly. Used steel plates can go for 50ยข a pound. 125 dollars and you've got a good set of weights, another 50 for a bench and 20 for a bar. That's about 10 months of a cheap gym and you'll break even, that's not even including the cost of your time and gas to travel to the gym you'll end up saving.

Put it on a credit card and use the month you would pay your gym to pay off the card. It'll be paid off in under a year. Shop around for a card that gives you a year interest free.

Lol. This is how I know you're horrible with money

>$35 for all materials, bucket, hole, 3-4 50lb bags of concrete
>mixing and pouring wet concrete into a bucket is too much for a big strong man.
>a couple of hours of drying

Yeah man, how inconvenient and expensive!

>$35 for all materials, bucket, hole, 3-4 50lb bags of concrete
>mixing and pouring wet concrete into a bucket is too much for a big strong man.
>a couple of hours of drying
>6 months later
>repeat

You can get $300 in a week working a minimum wage job.

Yeah but minus the bucket and the hole, concrete mix is about $5 for 80lbs where I am. It's really not that expensive for something you do at home.

As far as breakage goes, I might go as far as to say they would last a year if you exercise them with caution (having a soft place to set them down, storing them in a dry place, overshooting the weight of your mixture and taking time to smooth them out, putting wax or another protectant on them, etc)

Assume you want to keep a stock of 300lbs

>Startup costs (bucket, hole technology) $10
>300/80 = 4 bags of concrete = $20/yearly concrete cost
>wax/protectant cost = $5/yearly
>300lbs of steel = $300 second hand
(25x) + 10 > $300
x>12
After only 12 years your steel has paid for itself, and you're pretty generous with longevity and costs.