/fat/ Fatty General

Last Thread Who is /fat/ for?: Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uepe2BmqlYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i made this thread and I thought i was a fatty but it turns out i might be skinnyfat which is even fucking worse

i never thought I'd be skinnyfat, I thought I had a good base of muscle.

bump for fatties, myself included.
I highly doubt anyone on this board is THIS fat, so I want to remind all my fellow fatties that you're not too far gone. it's possible to get better. THIS woman on the right is the point of no return. you can make it. you were smart enough to recognize your fatness before it got too far and you had to accept it like it did for this blob

there is no such thing as a point of no return. People can get to a healthy weight from being 700lb and the girl in the picture is no more than 350-400lb.

>board is called Veeky Forums
>/fat/ is consistently the best general
does BF% directly correlate to post quality?

>visceralfat.jpg
if you get to that point kill yourself
is a good example of "fat".

I'm curious. Who here actually has a food scale and is committed to tracking very accurately?
And if you aren't, why not?

have a food scale, weigh everything, i have done it for a little over 2 months now and i'm sure i could stay below my calorie goal without the scale but it feels better to know for sure.

Did Keto for two years and I had one. At first I measured everything except coffee (black). Was big on MFP and adding uo everything. Been back on keto since early January and I'm not so hardcore doing it.I measure things like cheese and pepperoni, but I'm not so autistic about weighing chicken or meat. Worth the purchase if you don't own one.

Why is this thread busy during euro hours and dead during american hours.

Stop fucking lying to yourself, burgers.

meh day, trying out low carb, feel like i could be doing better with my food choices (500 of those calories were empty calories from a packet of chocolate cookies) but overall i'm still losing weight so i'm trying to stay positive, and i gonna go lift in a couple of hours.

post em' if ya want

Serious question here:

I got down from 255 lbs at 6'5" to 225 in about 2.5 months, but the last month I have been struggling to loose more than about .5 a pound a week despite reducing my cutting calorie count from what I was already at (2400 to 2000 a day). If I want to loose more weight, should I cut that figure even further? I lift 5x a week and do cardio on a 6th day so I assume that would be enough exercise wise? I'm about 20% body fat I think now if that means I should change anything.

Joined a new gym today, really nervous because my ex goes there also. I had a really bad dream about him last night, I was sobbing through the entire thing.

I'm scared of seeing him. But it won't stop me from going. It is the nicest gym in town

I have one. I use it for calorie dense stuff like almonds. But I'd never bother measuring out most veggies. Don't need to know the exact number of calories down to a single digit.

>was 350
>now 200 after about two years of work
>spent about 9 months "recomping"
>didn't really build that much muscle, still a fucking dyel, but started working on posture issues plus fixing a fucked up shoulder
>ready to get back on the cut

Give it to me straight brahs.

If I work hard, go to the gym every other day, and eat right, how is it gonna take me to drop this last 30-50lbs?

Also, if I'm 5'11 King of Manlets, what weight should I be aiming to cut down to before I can start recomping/bulking?

I'm so tired of the eternal cut.

Hey /fat/ glad to see you guys are still making these thread I was in the Thread 0 and remember how motivating it was

Haven't had a very good week though bros I've spent the entire past seven days engaging in really bad binging/purging episodes and I can tell that my esophagus irritated but I'm just finding it so hard to stay on track.

I'm okay now just drinking water and I know tomorrow is a new day so I'll try again.

This is just the most easily accessible general because it's a bunch of fatties new to Veeky Forums so they don't know any of the acronyms and terms other gens use

>And if you aren't, why not?

Poor and lazy. Just let me eat my grilled chicken and steamed vegetables in peace

>But it won't stop me from going

That's all that matters

Make sure you don't starve yourself. It's OK to feel hungry but if you are fantasizing about food and binging you need to eat more.

Really? I just thought I was a glutton.

6 months

I am not starving myself I was doing really well cutting comfortably for about 2 months but I went home last weekend and my fatty family stresses me out so when they'd sleep I would binge hardcore. Usually once I go back to university I can get back on track but I've been doing the b/p thing all week and I am a little worried I won't be able to break the cycle. It's never been this bad or intense before

Isn't me by the way

i've also been struggling with b/p, i'm still losing weight but i need to get this shit sorted out, lost 3lbs this week and i got another 3 to lose next week, need to quit this bad habit ASAP

Yeah I know its destructive and I am too afraid to weigh myself because I feel like I have gained a lot of my weight back that I spent two months on.

How do we stop doing it?

216 right now. Trying to get back into eating right and hitting the gym.

Also trying to quit cigs, one day down and no explosions so far. Wish me luck /fat/

GOOD LUCK

>just drank 2 litres of chocolate milk or 2000 kcals in 2 hours

based

was like 240lb 3 months ago, now 218 and I feel fine af

Same here, it's the availability that gets me. My family is actually super Veeky Forums accept me (I did do power lifting all throughout highschool) but they keep so much junk food that thye never eat. When I get Home its too tempting.

I'm going back on Saturday wish me luck

I recently started taking care of my mother. I have to help her go to places, get used to my area, and other stuff. It has seriously cut into my gym time. I'm still up now to do laundry. I hope I can go this weekend but chances are she needs me here. I tried to get her to join a gym or a community thing like The Y but she doesn't want to. She is overweight like me but her body just can't handle it anymore.

Hopefully once you get her settled in you can get back to your gym time, right?

If not, have her help pay for a home gym.

I will join you in a few months.
I need to get fat and then lose it for a bet.
What is it like being 300~ pounds?

What is the fastes way to get to that weight?
Please help so that I can convert another fatty.

If you don't take care of your body you'll be in a similar situation down the road. Make time.

Don't give up fatbros. People will try to bring you down, but the most fickle enemy is you. Never lie to yourself and keep on pushing in everything you do and you will make it. From a former fattie at 230 lbs, 6'0. Much love.

People who have done that are never the same after they lose the weight. Quit being stupid.Think about your own health.

What do you mean by "never the same"?
I just want to show my obese friend it's doable.

>lose about 45 lbs
>getting compliments at work (yes, from girls LOL) because of how much weight I've lost
>work at an office job, so there are other fatbros, and they are asking for advice
>such confidence and motivation

The mental gains are REAL, fellow fatties, there's an actual butterfly effect to all of this - It may be completely unrelated, but I have a job interview on Tuesday for a better position

better way to do it friendo

I hope this is bait... don't be a dumbass

Show him someone else's before and after. There are plenty of people who have already done it

He wants my living proof.
And it can't be that bad/hard to reach 300

show fat friend before and afters, best way to motivate

pic related

>lose 80lbs
>visible abs
>loose skin
>hate my body more because of all the work I do

wasn't worth it kek

>eat super light
>did my work out with new exercise added in
>go get my nintendo switch
>run into new Veeky Forums gym buddies i made who are in line too
>fat gamestop employee gave me the special edition of Zelda and bomberman by mistake along witht he pro controller
> only ordered zelda and the switch
If this is my new life. i accept it

I should add
I didn't get the special edition in place on a normal copy. i got both

I've been a fatty twice in my life including now back in highschool when I lost weight I never actually used a scale before and just some how lost it through football and eating rice and chicken pretty much. Second time around I weigh things and autistic-ally track my calories.

I recommend this to any /fat/ on here it's really worth the purchase and it's a lot easier then using measuring cups once you get the hang of it

Firstly make sure you're not lying to yourself is there any foods you're not counting? Secondly, if you're coming from /fat/ you're probably better doing more cardio then lifting. I would do cardio every day for 45 minutes on what ever doing some decent intensity and then do weight lifting three times a week. Cut the calories down to 1500 hundred and just add the calories you burn from cardio on to your daily total the fat will melt off happy losing user!

I know the feeling of all things eternal being annoying (le edgy alt right fag here)

I'm in the same boat dude I'm in the king of manlets mod at 217. You can honestly do it man you've made it this far you're going to hate this for another three months or so but then when you make it and can start lifting for some serious size and do a bulk think of how happy you will be that you didn't end up going power lifting mode and being the fat strong guy.

I think you should aim for 170 maybe I'm aiming for 160-170 and I didn't get big enough for loose skin so I think if you can guage the lose skin some how aim for 165 + what ever your lose skin is and that should be your target weight.

>apply tons of moisturizer on your body and sides to stop some damage.

Good luck :)

Is Ketosis a meme or should I subsist on a diet of meat and eggs for the next month or two?

You can do it lad. I quit drinking diet pop and it really curb my binges for food. For some reason I would have 5 pops or so then I would just explode and eat a million calories in one sitting. I think it has something to do with the artificial sweeteners I'm not to sure though I'm just doing a observational bro science claim on it.

Anyways good luck user the first step is realizing what you're doing is wrong!

I'm scared

Quit smoking almost 3 years ago I think now I don't remember that well. Anyways quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself man. You save so much money and most girls think that you're more attractive. Also you'll save about 70 dollars a week that's almost 240 a month so you can get yourself another car or a project to invest money into.

You will have to accept the increase of appetite that comes with quitting though I'm not going to lie you will probably end up at 230 pounds before you've been clean long enough to attempt to stop using food as an escape.

Home gym does sound like the best solution user. Sorry to hear about your mom.

I promised him and I am a man of my word.
So,how do I become a 300 pound blob fast?

>eating extra to make up for calories you lose from excercising
People really do this? Kek

It's not worth it man. Once you enter the /fat/ zone your dealing with an unavoidable addiction. You have to eat to survive but you're also addicted to eating all the time. It's an awful situation I would put your pride aside and just lose the bet.

good stuff user keep up the good vibes and the struggle of weight loss!

what's your height and what weight did you start and then drop down too?

It's worth it.
It's a testament to my willpower.

And it doesn't matter if I become a blob forever.
Can't be that bad to live to eat.

yea I set the bar at 1500 hundred but for some reason I'll have to eat 1900 to feel normal. So I just go to the gym and set the machine to say I'm 180 pounds when I'm actually 217 so I get some extra calories and maintain a steady loss of weight.

I can't really offer anymore then my testimony on this Japanese cartoon review bored. I think you should highly reconsider eating to live is nice. But it messes with your mental state it's not just a physical ailment. you get depressed and you feel paranoid that other people are commenting on you the shit sucks.

Even if I lose the bet,we will still be buddies,just fat buddies.
(Maybe even race who can be bigger or something)

As a fat fuck at 180lb 6'1" (was 210 at my worst) it is the worst fucking thing in the world.
And hell, I'm sure a decent amount of people here would say that 210 is nothing compared to them. I personally looked at myself at 210 and said "I will never let it get worse than this. I will kill myself before I hit 300"
I still suffer serious mental issues and depression at 180 but I can't even imagine what it's like being 300+ lbs and not being completely fucking delusional as a coping mechanism.

That was the day this user sealed his fate forever. Never being able to leave Veeky Forums and all the boards within it.

The other thing that motivates me is morbid curiosity.

Guys, it's my day off today. I got up at 7.30pm and drove 30mins to my gym across rush hour traffic just so I could get a 5th workout in this week.

I don't even recognise myself anymore...

Anyone have any good videos for kettlebell exercises?

I only got two 2.5kg ones, most vids i find are some retarded 8kg or heavier shit that doesnt seem to work much with a 2.5kg on

Only thing i found is
youtube.com/watch?v=uepe2BmqlYo

But they dont have many arm exercises? Are there more?

How many calories here? cant be more than 700 right? boiled chicken

Guys everytime i try to do an exercises requiring to rise my arm around 90% degrees or higher towards my head my shoulder does a weird sound like something is dislocated or something.

500 tops.

Buy a food scale.

weigh it

How do i calculate fried chicken? Homeade one

I took a chicken brast around 5.5 ounces, the usual size.

Cut it in little pieces like 7-8, put flour+pepper>then dip in egg>then dip in bread crumbs and throw at hot olive oil.

How would i be able to calculate that? it certainly is below 1300 right?

not even close to 1300

5.5oz chicken is like 225 valories

Talk me out of bulking, guys. I still have 40 or 50lbs to lose, but I'm getting frustrated at my lack of progress in my lifts. I already fucked up and ate at maintenance twice this week because muh protons. I feel like I need to eat nothing but whey to hit my macros without going over 1500.

The oil is like 120 a tablespoon though, isn't it?

American fatties believe it cant be helped eitherway cause genetics

Considering their low knowledge level of genetics cant we Just shill them in believing they can activate a dormant diet gene by strict dieting that allows healthy weightloss?

That is the chicken.

The chicken is dipped in flour, eggs and bread crumbs throw in a pan full of olive oil

That is also the thing, you cant calculate fried oil well, you need a lot of oil and dont know how much will be in the chicken. You cant count per tbsp

Over ate two days, and I fasted for two days. Actually pretty easy, but I probably fucked my body a bit.

Probably not gonna do that again just in case

I stopped restricting my calorie intake because I was put on three new medications that can apparently cause weight loss. They can even cause detrimental weight loss when combined. I figured I'd listen to my body for awhile on these new meds to make sure I wasn't hurting myself.

Did I make the right call? It feels a little strange as I was getting used to my rituals. My bouts of hunger and then not feeling hungry at all are all over the place right now bc of these damn meds. I don't like it.

Depends on if they cause weight loss because they suppress appetite or because of something else

food scale ordered, and chicken breast are thawing

LET'S DO THIS

I'm still so fucking upset with myself I let myself go after losing weight the first time. Started at 200lbs then went down to 145lbs but balooned to 220lbs now. Time to hit that low again

May I share my sad story with you guys?

Go ahead.

I feel you m8
Also damn, I really need to get a scale

It's hard to browse Veeky Forums as a recovering fatty and not get made fun of for being fat even if you're someone who's been working on getting fit for a year (I mean some of us are big, it's gonna take time for us to get into shape).

Like I hate asking a question in any other general and getting called a fat retard for not understanding something thats new to me too.

Think of it like this: If new fatties have their own thread it keeps us from asking newb questions in threads that are perhaps for more advanced fitizens (Such as those maintaining or only building muscle at this point)

>gf has a bunch of fat friends
>they get her into this whole feederism/feedie ordeal
>she starts packing on the pounds
>she said I should follow her on this journey if I really love her
>I join her because muh love
>Over the past few years we have been gradually gaining weight
>We become slobs and blobs
>fast forward to today
>we move away
>we want to get in shape but can't because we keep enabling each other
>keep gaining weight with no end in sight

I don't want to be fucking 370 punds anymore dammit.Why did I even decide to go along with this?

I have one but i've never used it until tonight (Got two unusually tiny watermelons and couldn't estimate how much was there but was sure I could eat a half. I just weighed it, ate the half, then deducted the weight of the rind when I was done.

I've been guessing up until this point but I think I'm going to start weighing it out. I mean it's easy enough to do.

Are you sure you are 20% bf?

225lb at 6'5" seems like a good weight for a lifter.

You are both mentally ill if you were convinced that purposefully gaining weight was a good idea, or in any way related to love. I doubt you even know what love is, if what you're saying is true.

Lose the weight. Normally I'd say dump her too but it sounds like you're just as stupid as she is so you might as well stay together. Make sure she loses it too. Count calories, go exercising together, don't give up. And be less retarded in the future.

It just sort of happened and it was like an avalanche.Once I was in the system I couldn't stop

Anyone else have problems with their S/O or family in regards to their diets?
My husband keeps doing things like hiding the scale or encouraging me to eat more even though I'm counting my calories and know if i've eaten enough or not (I found out today my calorie logger won't let me end the day on too few calories so even if I misread the amount it won't let me log it that way.

He encourages me to give into cravings, and worse yet he has a bad habit of being so lazy to the point where he won't eat unless I do, which means I either eat something with him (which he's usually picky as hell over which doesn't help) or tell him to fend for himself (he won't) and face the wrath of him being hangry, OR I encourage him to eat unhealthy by just throwing chips at him for convienience to myself since he isn't "satisfied" by the foods I want to eat (yet when he DOES eat a salad he's always surprised by how full he gets by them).

Add the fact that he himself is in decent shape (He has no muscle but for a guy he's in good shape. Not fat, he's decently active in warmer months, etc) and it's harder for him to understand that I HAVE to exercise and I HAVE to eat well if I'm going to see the results I want.

He lets me exercise at least but how can I get him to understand and support me? Do I force him to eat better with him since we're married (I'd rather him make his own decisions as long as he stays active which he does).

Please help guys. I'm like 400 calories over tonight because he encouraged me to eat some snacks with him (i know he never forces me but i did say "I can't I've already eaten enough today")

Just accept your fate 2bh.
We should all become fat
I wish I was fat.

Ugh that's too disgusting of a thought.
I'm fat but I seriously hate fat people and the fat mentality. I want to change.

Food scale is good. I actually use an old postage scale, same thing really.

Measuring spoons are good too. Everything from 5ml up to a cup.

Realising a portion of rice is a quarter cup dry was a good starting point to weight loss.

Cutting pork shoulder raw into 85-90g portion bags to be frozen so I have a freezer drawer full of portions was also useful.

Total investment of all this is about £11. So there is no excuse. Not to mention the money you save on food.

To be fair, we all understand the "eating with a loved one" problem. Getting delivery, eating at restaurants, snacking on biscuits... It's hard, but once you're both at the point where you're looking good and feeling great it'll be worth it.
We're all gonna make it

You're not two people, you're one, and you're supposed to share your thoughts. Tell him this is important to you and what you want, and that you would appreciate it if he helped you too. Don't be negative and scold him, be positive and say how nice it'll be when you're not just looking better but are more comfortable with who you are.

Just pointing out that the price of meat varies greatly by location so while you might be able to afford pork shoulder (lmfao pork shoulder) and rice for that much, not everyone will. Where I live its $10 a pound for chicken, i don't even know the exact price for pork because i've never tried to buy any.

Was $2 a pound where I used to live :'(

Just fucking do it.