Low Bar Squat Form Question

A guy at my gym told me I was bending to much forward, so I told him to record me.

That's me lowbar squatting. What do you think about the form ?

I don't know if you can tell with this video, the guy didn't know how to film a squat.

youtube.com/watch?v=xsBce7OdZ4s

The guy was a faggot.
Your form is fine.

Low bar squats are gay tho.

you are gay

Your back angle is fine. That guy probably has only ever seen a high-bar squat so he thinks low-bar squatting is wrong.

However, stop that shit with changing your neck angle halfway through the lift. You're starting looking forward on the way down and then look down on the way up. You should be looking down the entire rep

Yes, I forget to focus my sight on one spot on the floor. Thanks.

>You should be looking down the entire rep
What really?
I've always locked eyes with myself in the mirror

Well, more specifically, you're supposed to find a spot on the floor and keep your eyes locked on it the entire rep. It helps you maintain balance.

Is looking down integral? Or just useful?

It just helps. You can look up or forward or wherever the fuck else you want, but generally locking your eyes onto a spot on the floor for a constant reference point helps with balance more than other options would.

You would be astonished how many people have never heard of, or at least bothered to try low bar squats.
Consequently, typical gymgoer knowledge regarding squatting consists of "squatting is bad for your knees", "keep upright", "don't let your knees get in front of your toes".
Of course, they've never squatted more than 135, and never to depth. Dismiss these people because, while well intentioned, they probably don't know much more about the mechanics of lifting than you do.

form is fine, apart from looking down half-way

This. I work out at my uni's gym because it's free for students, and I have some "good Samaritan" dudebro try to admonish me for "squatting wrong" every fucking week.

Meanwhile they never squat more than 185 high bar with quarter reps and make me want to kill myself.

not a very good low bar squat, but you're not bending over too much. actually you're not bending over enough

Hey fit, I've just started lifting a month or 2 ago and I'm getting this pain in my abdomen at the bottom of my squat. It like just on the inside of my hip bone almost even with my hip joint. It's kind of like a burning sensation. Anyone have an idea of how I'm fucking up?

bajá más boludo

No puedo man. Si bajo más llegaía a donde se despega la barra del suelo cada vez que haces peso muerto.

>low bar

LOL

Low bar conflicts with the King of Lifts, Deads

How ?

Too much lowerback load ?

Yes.
The bottom of a low bar squat is similar to the starting point of a standard DL

K, I kind of knew this. Thanks.

I'll switch to high bar after a week of bulking. I have DL same day as squat. Both days.

Some people advocate maintaining a neutral spine position. So down, and forward a few feet achieves this.

Lots of routines have front squat on days with DL because of how quad loaded fronts are.

Personally, I do leg press on DL days

It looks good, just make sure you're keeping the bar above midfoot

Can't see your feet but it looks fine from what I can see.

...while the picture is somewhat correct there are still 3 moment arms in the picture with perfect form