In all honesty, Veeky Forums, why do YOU lift?

In all honesty, Veeky Forums, why do YOU lift?

To not get winded every morning walking to the top of the hill my university is built on.

because i want to deadlift 8pl8 (405lbs)

After I lift my erections are much bigger. I like the way my dick looks when I'm taking a shower after the gym.

So someone might like me physically.

Does anyone ever get this right?

Because I don't have any real life aspirations and hope that I'll be able to become something in the """"fitness"""" industry. If not that or if I never open my own gym, probably kill myself.

Really? My dick is always super shriveled after I work out, it's embarrassing in the showers.

I'm gonna make a pasta out of this someday

1.You should incorporate some exercise in your lifestyle (I chose lifting).
2. There is tremendous health benefits with just exercising ranging from physical to mental health improvement.
3.I look strong, I feel strong. It's fun not being a weakling and being able to help out with manly duties like carrying heavy shit.
4.Healthy people (combine this with well-groomed) are generally more attractive than unhealthy people and that's just basic biology.
5.Lifting bigger and bigger is like leveling up in a video game. You feel your character (but in this case it's you) getting stronger and stronger with more weight.

Overall it's amazing what just a single hour of gym time can do to improve your life.

It's not a panacea, but it's a good way to strengthen your foundations.

Isn't that 4pl8?

Yes he was looking for replies, that's why he specified 405

Because I want to look and feel better, it's the only thing that is making me happy in life. I'm a huge fucking loser and lifting makes me feel like im doing something productive.

thanks heres your (((you)))

Because I am angry.

Not the original tard but thanks :3

Because my clothes don't fit and I don't want to buy new clothes.

This tbhdesufampai

Because I hate myself and know I can be better

So I don't kill myself

that's 4 plates you fucking idiot

lifting is the only thing that keeps my depression manageable

I lift to be physically intimidating for lels

war

Those tank-top hoodies are extremely autistic

The class "Chad" in my class was buff and I hated him for being attractive and buff. So bought gym membership to spite him and get the slots. After a while befriend Chad and become close friends even after class I meet him is finished. After a while I lose interest because of laziness. After a while do it for grills and aesthetics then lose interest after a few months. On and off for 3 years. not really making any solid gains but at least learning the in's and out's of lifting to the point I feel comfortable in gym setting. After heartbreak and not lifting for a one year of sorrow I decide to lift for myself in all honesty. So be a badass MOFO and improve myself and let the rewards (grills, aesthetics, etc come second to my strength) 4 months finished as of end of Feb and looking to make this month great too.(hopefully cause finals making it hard for me) I think I become more dedicated now and will not loose tracking this time around.
>1.25 plate OHP
>2.5 plate bench
>3 Plate Squat
>3.5 Plate Deadlift

/r/equesting the screenshot of an user telling how his lifts saved his father when he had a heart attack (or something). he said thats why he lifted

1 rep maxes?

Don't wanna be fat

Still not as bad as those fags that wear muscle shirts that basically have a single string covering their nipples

Because the Golden One told me I need to lift and train in combat to defeat the jews.

I just give bad advice for
>ebin lulz ":D"

This and that pic is exactly how I feel. Does it ever stop though ? Even though I'm miles away from the subhuman trash that I was before, I still hate myself so much that I can't even put up a picture of me on my social media stuff.

>405lb per side
>lmao16pl8 overall

fuck off cuck

chasing lifetime goals:
>5xbw dl
>4xbw squat
>3xbw bench
>2xbw full clean
>11s 100m 21s 200m 46s 400m
>45" vert
>kiss a cute girl
>20 one arm _pullups_ each arm
>full planche to handstand pushup
>one hand handstand
>bjj black belt
>hold breath underwater for 8min
>full splits
>standing double backflip
>close coc #3 for reps

You have a small window for elite athletic fitness age 14 to 38 maybe, it's worth pursuing just for fun. Lifting makes you more explosive and powerful, it's a foundation to every other movement and motion you undertake with your body.

My girlfriend is into those body builder furry cartoons. I want muscles which approach those.

>having FRAME that is pretty much the size of your gfs
wew lad

>275 Bench after lifting 4 months.

Guess how I know you're full of shit?

I lift because it's like leveling up in vidya games

WTF??? Dump your degenerate gf.

5x bw dl and 4x bw squat? is that even possible?

That's how it always goes
>posts very impressive stats for novice lifter
>yeah dude I've only been lifting for 4 months why are you doubting me
>Well yeah I also lifted on and off for 3 years before this but that doesn't count because I wasn't as serious lmao

Fuck off to /pol/
I'm just as degenerate.

>kiss a cute girl

How is that even a goal? Shit's easy as fuck.

I want to live anime

It is, Chris Duffin did an 880 pound squat at 220 pounds bodyweight.

This so much.

It's really unfortunate because it discourages novices who think they're failing for not getting gains that'd be unlikely even on gear.
There's also the fact that a LOT of people on Veeky Forums whose form is complete shit, so you have a lot of people who are sincere when they say "lmao I was DLing 2pl8 on my first week", but they end up in the hospital with two herniated discs soon after.

stress relief.

To compensate for the lack of my personality

For the next crusade.

Deus Vult, brother.

Race war and to get as big as possible.

Because in Australia almost everyone lifts, so I need to lift to attract girls unless I can get them with the ol' "good personality" trick

I lift as a supplement to my other forms of physical conditioning including running, swimming, and rucking so I become better at killing people and less likely to get killed myself

Also I want to do an ironman someday

I was reading this as sets x reps.
Was like wtf is the point of doing 5 sets of 200 reps.

Would be kind of neat to do too. Kek.

405 per side is 9pl8

I lift because my ex gf asked if my chest was getting bigger once and I could tell it turned her on.

So...maybe she won't be my ex forever.

I unironically pulled 2pl8 on first week with shit form

Was 84kg bodyweight by then,couldnt squat 1pl8 and i was benching half pl8

I was pretty bored during the week

you stupid faggot fuck that's 8pl81bar

To get more shredded than a Julienne salad, man

I want to be the best I can be. I want people to worship me.

To be stronger than other people and not become fat.

Every adult male should be able to pick up 225lbs AT THE VERY LEAST

Keep in shape. I like feeling capable with my extra muscles too. Fucking sloots isn't even on my mind most the time but the physical confidence helps.

So that one day, I am not pushing up off the world, I am pushing the world down

I wanna look joocy for fresher's week

Well I like the way how muscular body looks. I basically couldn't stand being DYEL. Simply put I wasn't happy with myself, I wanted to be 'more'.

On top of that I enjoy the thought of looking 'impressive'. I want to be the guy in uni wearing t-shirt who other's glance at and think "damn".

And I couldn't care less if some humanist dyel thinks I'm shallow.

Because im angry

Daddy issues

I want to be wanted.

Not anymore. Lost it all bros. Life is too tiring and hard anymore.

5xbw DL?

I don't think this is possible m8. I was at about a 3x BW DL and that is a ton of weight for ones size.

How about you kiss a cute girl first like the rest of the normal population has achieved, then worry about being a literal fucking god.

also, 11s 100m pretty easy to get.

21s 200m/46s 400m? No. Not with all those other lifts either, unless you did them in high school then roided like fuck afterwards with perfect genes. Shit I'm not gonna even lie to you. You'll never get a 5xbw DL. What kind of made man are you?

Because I hate being flabby and weak. Also helps that my gf likes it that I lift

I'm weak, always have been.
I feel like I don't deserve to be assertive, confident, or happy until I am strong.

I want to be loved

Because I am sad and lonely. I hope looks will help solve that one day because Im a train wreck in thr rest of my life. At least I might find love maybe?

I must become Übermensch.

Habit

Chasing a dream that will ultimately dissapoint and break me.

>because this

I feel like I need to get proficient at everything I am interested in before I move on with my life in other ways.

Strongman is one of those things.

>just gotta unfuck my life first
Is this wrong that I am unironically doing this?

because this

>implying lifting will give you FACE and HEIGHT

I don't want to be a low test faggot any more. I want to be fucking shredded. Working so far.

at the core of it, I want my future gf to playfully squeeze my biceps as she introduces me to her father

also in pursuit of pic related

Dont know why i started
Now i lift so that i dont lose all my gains

For my mental health. It forces me to leave the house and get endorphins going. If i don't lift i just stay inside and get into a funk that can downspiral fast.

>that pic

when they pretend to have integrity lmao

Didn't SIR become a storyboard artist on the Rick and Morty team?
Looks like he made it, brahs

>women
>so I don't die fat and useless
>so I'm happy with my body
>to be better than most other people

I remember him saying something about it but i don't know if he is all the time or if it was just for a couple episodes

good for him either way though

>As true as I can get
I'm a fat egomaniac and the only thing I could do to make people like me even less is being condescending about body image and health.

I want to stop being dismissed
>Haha, that's just user.
I want to be considered a threat.

Equal parts looking good and long-term health.

Also i kinda want to get into playing hockey.

revenge

To be big and scary. I want others to fear and thus 'respect' me and it has worked out very well so far. Feels good