Just used 80% of my crypto to order pic related(s)

>just used 80% of my crypto to order pic related(s)
>2 month upfront time-value loss
>somewhat locks-in profits from hodling
I assume that mining hardware is a better buy than any equivalent amount of btc if volatility is going to decrease soon.
Also any advice for running a stratum relay? I don't really trust chinamen with connecting the miners to the internet. I saw a github project for it but it said 'altcoin mining'

your assumptions are wrong you wasted a ton of money, you're retarded

don't forget the PS user.

>just bought 10 of these bad boiz

they said they same about expensive gpus and bitcoin mining if I remember correctly

thanks for your input
I didn't

but since everything biz says is wrong...

nice just bought 100k

nice just sold 100k of those

i would like to donate you some money

you will need it

What's with the anti-mining posts here? I thought it was decently profitable now that BTC is worth so much?

Unless you live in China it isn't. I'm looking forward to electroneum because it will bring westerners to the "mining" scene

I know someone who does it in the States. He says it profits about 600-800/month (after electricity cost) from just one of these things OP posts about.

my rates for power aren't very high. At these prices, it should be profitable. if it goes down, I'll just be accumulating.
but if it keeps dropping like 2013-2015 i will be posting pink wojaks on here every fucking day

YOU FUCKING IDIOT. You were suppose to buy a proof of stake coin. Now you're stuck with this mining garbage FOREVER.

The only time you should buy mining equipment is in 2019 when the chinks release the 5 nano meter shit which is suppose to last you a lifetime.

proof of stake
heehhe,more like poop of stake
pee pee poo poo steak

dear OP, i really want to be constructive, but really, are you fucking retarded? Antminer s7? Really? Did you even open a fucking calculator? If you did, you wouldnt invest in s7, thats for sure. I mean, 4.7 Th/s today?

If anything, you should have gone for s9, that one with 13.5 Th/s makes around 400 dollars a month, you wont come far with 80 bucks. Pic related

i did get s9's, I thought it was obvious from the text.
I fucked up getting the image from google.
Although I will say it's kind of encouraging that a 2 year old miner is still profitable.

This

>calculated for 5750
That's the issue with faggots whining about "muh profitability" of mining : BTC keep skyrocketing.
There's no electricity rate that doens't make producing BTC profitable.
Ine on year it'll be at more than 50000, who the fuck care about short-term profits. And profits there are.

What's this nano meter shit?

Are you retarded
>Bitcoin goes to 50k
>your 0.1btc is now 5k
well done
>I RATHER MINE
>Buying used hardware which will blow up in 6-12months or even less
retard

Then why no just use the mony to buy btc lol

Because if the price drops, it's also good for mining

I fail to understand you and OPs logic. Perhaps I'm just retarded.

Just keep this in mind

If mining stops being profitable, all your house of cards falls because no one will validate transactions.
This means mining will ALLWAYS be profitable.

T. 5gpu rigs and 4 s9 "farm"

L3+ gets me about 8 - 9 LTC a Month, got D3's mining on Nicehash at 20k mh/s per D3, pulling in about 0.1 ish ... dont listen to the Pajeets in this thread...these work.

I get this part. What I don't get is why it would be better to profit 80 dollars in a month through mining (with a loud piece of hardware that can stop working at any time) instead of buying/selling coins in a reasonably safe way.

because you can lose everything in one trade by buying and selling. Do you have a special formulae that tells you exactly what you will make by buying and selling? With mining you have more control over your risk.

>What is Proof of Stake
user, I

I owned an S9 for about 6 months until March this year and I got rid of it.
It's expensive, it's loud(think jet engine), it produces tons of heat; you better have a good outside cooling solution because otherwise you'll be burning through hasboards like crazy. Mine burned 2/3, one of them I was able to replace because it was still within warranty. It's also worthless for anything other than sha256.
If you really want to mine - just buy GPUs cuz you can atleast resell them after you're done.

The only formula you need is buy low sell high, what is so difficult about it?
But lets say Bitcoin goes to shit out of nowhere, your hardware will instantly be worthless too.

you mean piece of shit?
Name one real coin that is piece of shit
Ethereum is mineable for another year
Bitcoin is king and will allways be pow to keep normies from taking my gains

>80$
I'm making 400$ profit from each s9, and the gpus make about 300-600$, from the rx470 to the vega64 rigs

I feel bad for you, you seem extremely certain that you are correct
I have bad news for you, almost every coin will be moving to Proof of Stake because it's better for the world
Proof of Work is literally just wasting electrical energy, for no good reason.
Proof of Stake is economically and environmentally better, as well as increasing long term growth potential through incentivized holding..
For real take some time and look, every single top coin will switch to PoS

I still have 20% of my funds deployed in automated trading ether. It makes a tidy profit, but I never was comfortable with putting 100% of capital or even 50% into it. I like the idea of holding some coins, having a trading fund, and mining. you have to figure out a way to be comfy at night, and I never would be with trading 100% of my funds.

LMAO another retard who fell for the environmentalist bullish propaganda
100% of Bitcoin mining uses excess electricity, faggot. That means it's electricity that would otherwise be wasted if not used for Bitcoin mining. That's why in China and Russia the electricity is so cheap you idiot, because they produce more than they can spend.

I disagree
if we ignore all the poshitcoins and just look at casper, even if all the incentives align like they do with mining (doubtful), it's rooted in an initial set of validators decided by a central authority.
Compared to pow, which is based on randomness (genesis block).
Also, for any real network you have to bootstrap it with pow. All the coins that try to get around that are a fucking joke.

>100% of Bitcoin mining uses excess electricity
welp, there goes your credibility
that might be the dumbest thing i have read today, granted I just woke up
you are delusional to throw 100% onto that sentence, when you know for an absolute fact that it is entirely false.
there is, undoubtedly, people mining BTC that would otherwise not be using as much electricity.
whether its in europe, america, or pajeetistan, you are an idiot.

A D3 antminer is gone from profiting 2000$ to 200$ in less then 2 months. Unless you buy them in the very first batch of these products, there is no point on mining in comparison to trading.

>what is buy low sell high mentality
Profits will boom again when price booms, while not dropping when price drops, how can you be so braindead not to understand this simple fact

T. link, digibyte, any other shitcoin bagholder

>You are wrong because you are wrong.. a-and an idiot

The fact that they would otherwise not be using as much electricity doesn't mean they are WASTING it. No one is WASTING electricity nowadays because there is no such thing as insufficiency of electricity (it's not a limited quantity commodity). You pay the rate in your area and you use the product. Fuck off with your diluted views, faggot.

>Price booms
>More people mining
>Higher difficulty
>Less profitability

K

If i start mining BTC on my computer right now then he is wrong, if anyone else in the entire world is using a shitty setup to mine BTC, then he is wrong. You are beyond stupid, too
>Electricity is being used that, if BTC were PoS, would not need to be used
>Electricity is not being wasted
pick one and only one

There is a shortage of hashing power, and will be for the next years.

You have no clue what you're talking about have you

there is certainly a lag in hashrate following price. bitmain seems to be the only game in town and you gotta wait your 2 months unless you have some sitting on the shelf.
i don't care about using power or anything like that. although I wish it were cheaper.
do you sell your mining income or hold it? any specific strategies?

>investing in a miner

Insta convert to bitcoin and monero after electrical expenses

k, so is btc high or low right now?

>rotten and corrupted seed
that seems a little harsh.

>thinks gate length reduction in processes is the only way to significantly increase power and efficiency of processors

chigau