antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression

Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs

www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

antranik.org/bodyweight-training/
youtube.com/watch?v=bYRbXGbAq8A
youtube.com/watch?v=W1LdvInmRkY&index=60&list=UUDcvv3Y0_E-zzy7Rbv0ge1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between reps

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>hey OP,
>I just do rows and curls with weights

>why? Is Foundation not enough for arms? My triceps is drained after incline push ups lol.

OP has no pull up bar

Hory shet, been needing something like this. Thanks for this resource user. Tremenjous, simpuhbly tremenjous.

Gel swole bruh

How do you deal with head pressure when your head is below your heart, heard it damages your eyes.

yea, if your work forces you to give blow jobs upside down, make sure you level your head every hour for 15mins

ITT: Twinks and Fat asses.

so are we the twinks and you're the fatass? or are you a twink

I think he was looking for people to fullfill his fetish

Tell me how it's impressive to be able to do 50 pushups please.

no one's saying that but you dumbass LOL

Shut up twink.

mastery is 5x15 so it's actually 75 push ups, but that's level 2, which is like, bar only bench

lmao blown the fuck out

thanks for the free bumps little guy

>dwells within /bwg/
>calls others little guy
lmao familia
>5*15
Wow thats hardcore.

dawww did it hurt your pride that you're smaller than the bodyweight fags
thats pretty cute actually

Can you get a body like this from bw exercises? Posts links to people with similar bodies who claim to have only done body weights.

why wouldn't you be able to? resistance is resistance

>he doesn't lift and do bodyweight
Fag

My wilks is 320 you pathetic twink.
>doesn't lift
>says the le bodyweight meme guy
Go do some pushups you fuckin weakling.

you reek of insecurity, should talk to someone about it

Bull. Shit.

You reek of being underweight, go see a doctor you fuck.

Looks like dips and pull ups

Has someone done antranik's intermediate bw routine? Im doing it now (2 weeks in). Came from recommended bw routine from leddit. Its pretty tough, fucking archer pushups are hard.

If you ask opinion on routine, at least post it.

You are right, here it is
antranik.org/bodyweight-training/

OP, where are you from? Not many people doing bw on Veeky Forums. feels kind of bad.

so every other day i do pushups, pullups, dips, knee raises and plank

im improving in all except pullups- i feel so far away from being able to do even one - im 195 , 5'10. im doing set with negatives, then resistance bands the negatives again

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

How long have you been working out? Is your back tired from the previous workouts? How much time do you go in a negative pull up?

Also check out Rope CLimb in first reply to OP. This is your back workout in the Foundation course. You'll see that there are 7 easier exercises leading up to a pull up. At the moment you are forcing it a bit, but many people have made it this way so you could keep going if you want...

bent arm hangs should help

How long would it take for me to be able to do a full pistol squat?

I just started with seated pistol squats about 1ft from the ground and I can squat 3pl8s for 1 rep.

are weighted ring dips better than regular weighted dips?

Try this version. When you do them on a surface you can bend the other leg. You need to bend it until you train your mobility. Using a book or a light weight will make it easier to balance balance.
I think this will help you, especially the elevated surface, because you already have the strength, but lack the mobility. Between sets you can do jefferson curls for mobility

youtube.com/watch?v=bYRbXGbAq8A go to 0:50

I've heard that everything with rings is harder. They are better if you are advanced enough for them with proper form.

Thanks, I'll give this a go.

Not feeling too pumped about paying Sommer 85$ for shoulder mobility tips. Are there any other good resources on the topic out there?

The thing with rings is you can do advanced variations like Bulgarian or archer dips. For weight i think its best to stick to regular dips.

I basically have access to the gym 2 days a week. But I know that's not enough, so do you think it's possible to do one additional workout with bodyweight at home and make progress?
What kind of stuff do you think I should do to aid my weightlifting? Squats, bench, curls, etc.

What exercises would Veeky Forums suggest I do in addition to pushup, bench dip and planks. I have been doing those three in combination with going to the gym, but once uni is over I need something to serve as a maintenance workout. I want to stay in shape and work out 3-4 days per week but with no particular goal in mind.

Any suggestions for other exercises to support other muscle groups?

Pull ups, squats, handstand push ups, dips, dragon flags. I dont even know where to begin.

Just did a muscle up at 122kg BW, took -22kg of dieting and like 10 training days. I was pretty hyped when I hit it.

Now I've been training for hand stand and walking. Quite a lot of fun to do practise during the day and off days from my "real training"

Do you have a workout for the other 2 days? If so give it here. I have some ideas.

Can you post a pic of the body you want to maintain? I want to know what you mean by stay in shape.

It is. You must have been training quite for a while to be able to do muscle up at your weight. How does your workout for handstand look like?

Yeah I'very been training for 8 years.

I can handstand 3-5 seconds, but it's not consistant yet.

Did you just tried to do a handstand? Don't you have some preparatory exercises?

how do you guys train your hammies?
I'm too weak for ghr and the lying from rings thing doesn't seem that efficient

I just tried it once and was able to do it.

Do ghr with negatives

Good for you

If I just do push-ups, sit ups, planks, dips, pullups, chin ups, and bodyweight squats, how far will I get and what will my body look like? I'm joining the military

Depends what weight you are.

I'm 5'11, 136 pounds. I'm eating around 3000 calories a day.

jesus christ your small. it should be long before you start seeing gains cuz your a skellington

Is that Insanity program worth my time? Can I make any real gains from it?

i think he'll see gains quickly cause he's so small

he just wont get big anytime soon

Did it couple of times against the wall and then just started practising it without.

very little. youll get ripped though if you follow the diet program. if thats what your looking for than go for it.

for hypertrophy tho i wouldnt do it

lmao typo i meant it shouldnt be long

Pic related is the thing I am doing. It is made for people who are total beginners and progresses to olympic level. You aren't a beginner... You are currently struggling with main exercise 16. You are probably strong enough but lack balance. Maybe go to something easier like level 2 and then 10 or 13. Use the easier exercises to get used to the balancing. After that you are going to progress very fast because you are already strong.

The wrist shit on the left - you probably need it because it also trains your fingers. And finger strength is important for a handstand.

If you don't know some of the exercises, download Foundation and in the HandstandOne.pdf and HandstandTwo.pdf you will find everything (pictures) you need. You can always ask here if there is some exercise you don't understand.

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

Is there a place where I can find explanations for these? What's a long hollow wrist walk? or long hollow wrist pushup? partial wall handstand? free handstand shrug? hollow rear support? and a bunch more

dude posted the torrent in his post...

whoops i'm a retard

thanks

i wanna do bwf but im fat, is it doable?

Those who've achieved muscle ups, what was your pullup count when you got your first one.
I know a specific pullup count doesnt equal muscle up, but im curious where you all were at when you got it.

Start now, do cardio and stick to a caloric deficit. IMO the nice thing about bodyweight is that it's relative to how much you weigh. If you start now while you're fat, as you lose weight, it'll become easier.

You can start it by doing basic stuff, but you have to be of average weight to progress a lot. I'd recommend running and doing push ups, planks, dips, and negative pull ups as well at dieting.

thanks guys,

any recommended routines or just follow the foundation in the OP?

I was comfortable doing about 10.

Thanks!

shiet, im currently at 3x10 pullups, working up to 3x15 before i go weighted pullups

did you do anything specific to train your muscle up, or did you just kinda do it

I always had trouble with the bar muscle up. I started doing it with rings and learned how to transfer my bodyweight forward. After that I was doing bar muscle ups easily.
Start doing slow negatives from the top and when you do attempt it pull it right to your sternum, any higher and you have to really grind it out using your triceps. Once its at your sternum you just lean forward and do a dip.

appreciate it, thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=W1LdvInmRkY&index=60&list=UUDcvv3Y0_E-zzy7Rbv0ge1g

This guy does the four wrist exercises in order

WP - FKP - WR - FTP

He is doing the long hollow version in this video. Meaning against a low with feet further away from the wall

against a wall*

Any age limit on BW? I'm 31.

Yeah cutoff is 30
Sorry you're past the expiration date
Pack yourself in a green bag and deliver yourself to the nearest compost

Everyone knows attempting any sort of bw exercise after age 30 is certain death.

dont break your bones OLD MAN

hahaha

for straddle l sit, are your hands/arms inside your legs, or outside

We always talk about upper body stuff and sometimes pistols, but does anybody work on tumbling and jumps and shit?

Yeah, or r/bodyweightfitness has a good one

hypothetically, if i were performing the same exercises in each, would i get more gains/progress from fullbody routine every other day, or a push/pull everyday

Are rock climbers welcome in /bwg/? also does anyone here use campus boards?

no dude. theres some ancient dude on instagram whos literally went through cancer who does bodyweight shit

Probably the same. If volume is equal, resistance is equal, and rest for muscle groups is sufficient, along with diet, differences would likely be negligible.

That's leaning more towards your tricking/gymnastics/parkour stuff. We can discuss it but it's not as immediately applicable nor sought after as the strength stuff.

The main issue is that properly done rolls and tumbling can be very difficult to teach yourself in an open environment, and that ploymetrics can be really heavy on the knees. Most people have shitty landing and gait mechanics, so plyometrics can really mess you up if you're not progressing properly.

I've heard a few people say that they don't like starting plyometrics until you're back squatting anywhere from 1.5-2x bodyweight.

Would the vertical jump bible be a good start point for at least working on jumping power, and then working gymnastic skill technique later?

been doing pushups, dips , pullups, hanging knees and planks, every other day

i dont know if its any one thing, but its healing my lower back (or making it feel better) and also upper back. i feel better

i might start doing low weight barbell squats in addition, but bodyweight is working so well

where do i find a rope to climb

that seems like not anywhere

It's a pretty decent place to start yeah. Just remember to take good care of the knees and ankles - Dogen's "Titanium Ankles" video on youtube can give some decent advice for prehab, and I think there's some in the vert jump bible too. Make sure you actually read all the information in it. There's a lot, but it's decent stuff.

Just make sure you step on/off stuff when you're doing box jumps or whatever, rather than jumping on and off, at least when you start. Slower sets with proper jumps is better than trying to turn yourself into a human kangaroo to do the sets. Its usually the rapid repetition that shreds people who start with plyos. They don't get just how much more force is going through the tissues of the knee and foot, especially if they land poorly.

If you could work in rows of some kind, that would be good too: helps balance that horizontal push you're getting from the pushups with a horizontal pulling motion. Good job with getting started mate, glad it's helping you out. Don't forget to warm up and stretch.

>Don't forget to warm up and stretch.

i do 12 mins of jump rope, 45 seconds on/45 seconds off

>If you could work in rows of some kind,

yes i need to. i might have to split up push and pull days or something because i get to tired by the end

Is there any reason to do bodyweight exercise over weights other than if you're poor?

In all honesty, you could probably cut down on the rope a bit if you're running low on energy by the end of the routine. Splitting the days is a decent idea too, but warmups should be just that, a warmup. Don't need to go ham with the rope (if you want to, by all means do it, but it's not necessary per se). How long are your rest times?

If you enjoy it more? If you get more of a kick out of movement than weight numbers?