QTDDTOT

>I don't care if there's another thread, I'm fucking Viking, edn.

Best place to add accessories on a strength programs so it doesn't interfere with main lifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The show is for cucks

N-No it's not

Vikings were fucking snow niggers cowards in reality, they were nothing but a bunch of raiders who never achieved honour but only raped and killed farmers.

t. Veeky Forums

N-No they weren't. Back me up fellow fans

You should praise real badass warriors like terços and hursars, not these snow fuckers who never whon any relevant battle against real men.

Fuck your holywood bullshit.

Brown manlet spic detected.
Build wall shitskin

What's your favourite accessory Veeky Forums?

What's your favourite variation of a compound lift?

Can someone give me cookie cutter tips for Deadlift form?

curls

leg press

Shrugs for the hugs (with dumbbells)
Goblet Squat

Once and for all. How much is 1pl8 and do you count the bar?

135lbs or 60kg

Yes you count the fucking bar.

Weighted chin ups, and snatch grip diddlies

Not a question, but this doesn't deserve its own thread either.

I've come to the realization that this website has so many autists because it actually causes autism. I used to be a social butterfly and now I alienate my friends by talking to them as if I'm on this stupid board.

>move to a different state. only come home on holidays and my birthday
>no friends here and tired of being fat so start hanging out on Veeky Forums and cutting and lifting to fill all my free time
>lose about eighty lbs of fat, put on about fifteen lbs of muscle
>go home for thanksgiving. haven't seen friends since previous christmas
>qt 8/10 grill "damn user, how'd you lose all that weight"
>"i'm just a lucky guy"
>chuckle out loud at my own meme joke that nobody else gets
>ottermode friend who has been going to the gym for years
>"how'd you get so big user?"
>"read the sticky"
>burst into hysterical laughter almost before i finish the word sticky
>nobody tries to engage me in conversation the rest of the night

Th-thanks Veeky Forums

>Best place to add accessories on a strength programs so it doesn't interfere with main lifts?
at the end of the week, duh

It absolutely went to shit

So little blood and tits now

Lower back pain when squatting?

Has anyone dealt with this issue? If I'm doing high reps for example 4-10 at lower weights my lower back gets super sore. The pain lasts for about 10 minutes and is then back to normal.

What to do? Is this sign of a weak lower back or tightness or what?

666, the devil has spoken. We can both turn gay and be boyfriends, you sound funny as fuck.

But shouldn't I hit the muscles twice a week optimally?

Trappy...? :D

Bump

/new/ here. When I got done with my workout today my left arm was sorer than my right arm. Is that good? Does that mean my left arm is getting the work it needs? Or does that mean I didn't hit my right arm hard enough today and that I neglected it?

You won't always be perfectly symmetric on soreness. Muscles are weird like that sometimes so I wouldn't really worry about it.

The thing i hate about that show is that i never pictured Vikings looking like faggots. Its causing some cognitive dissonance or some shit in me

>you are now aware this is how scooby turned gay

How much difference does a good program really make? It's hard to tell what's good, since everyone loves whatever they're running and hates everything else, it seems. If I'm putting in the effort, getting good rest and food and hitting my macros, will I see results regardless?

is this an OK long term ottermode routine
>fork putdowns
>planks
3 x 30s
>side planks
3 x 30s (each side)
>pushups
2 x 10 (of flat, incline and decline)
>pull ups
2 x 10
>leg raises (you dangle from a pull up bar and lift legs)
2 x 10
>cycling
15 minutes

is this daily a good routine?

At the end of the day, any program will work well as long as you stick with it. What matters is consistency.

Do some work better than others? Sure. The main factors that control gains are Frequency and Rest. Hitting each muscle group 1x/week is bad, just like hitting each group 5-7x/week is also bad. Any balanced program is "good" for 95% of lifters

lol fuck up history undergrad

Except for the fact they were the personal body guard of the Byzantine Emperor.
Sacked Paris, invaded and crushed england, set up some of the major port citys to date.

Thanks mate, that's what I was looking for. I'm always worried when I look at new programs that I'm going to stall out and bust my ass for 6 months to get zero results.

Hell yeah

Just saw this link in another thread:
jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
Is this real? The guy presumably knows his shit and advocates that beginners should workout 4 times a week. Also the routine seems to lack focus on the main lifts but then again, I'm inclined to trust him. Is he memeing or should I do this routine (just did 4 months of Veeky Forums's GreySkull so I'm still a beginner).

Eventually you will slow down or maybe even stall, but the core concepts of what make a routine work remain the same.

You'll just need to accept adding weight once a week instead of every session, and/or go up in smaller jumps. Going up 5lbs (or even 2.5lbs) every workout isn't sustainable forever, but you can hang onto 5lbs or 2.5lbs once a week for quite a while.

First and 2nd seasons were best. It started getting cringey after they brought that crazy gook in.

You forget they were farmers themselves. Not their fault all the other farmers in the world were a bunch of cucks who can't defend themselves.

Is there anything bad in getting more protein than I need?
I love meat and chicken and I get around 200g sometime more out of a diet of ~2600cal.

Does gyno go away by itself eventually? I had it when I was in my teens in my right nipple. Now i'm 20 and have it in my left nipple.

Does it matter how old one is?

On dips, elbows back or elbows out?

>For example, if you started training for the first time in your lift today and trained 3x/week for the next 4 weeks you would have done 12 training sessions and had 16 rest days, over half of your training career has been spent not training. Beginners can and should train with high frequency because they don’t yet posses the ability to create significant stimulus in a single training session, so the more frequently they can do high quality work like 60-75% for sets of 6-10 PERFECT reps, the more quickly they’ll learn and ingrain good technique.
I-Is this real?

Just starting to feel am impingement in my left shoulder.

Definitely the infraspinatus is swollen and sore.

I want to keep working my chest, but that seems impossible without using my shoulder.

I was planning 3 weeks for recovery. But no shoulder involved exercises not just a gains goblin, but a gains mega-hobgoblin.

Is there a way to maintain or work chest without aggravating my shoulder?

what is necesary for a home gym?

adjustable bench so you can do bench press and shoulder press, good rack so you can do bench,squats and shoulder press, pull up bar and what else?

Your autism has nothing to do with fit.
I have never once considered saying stupid shit like that.

Should my protein intake be the same on off days as lift days?

yes

Post form

>Is there a way to maintain or work chest without aggravating my shoulder

I can't think of one. Honestly don't worry about it too much. 3 weeks isn't that long to recover from an injury and if you try to work through it you're probably going to be out for much much longer. It will feel weird not working out your chest, so add volume somewhere else while you're recovering and hit the chest hard when your shoulder is better. The combination of anticipated extra pecwork + pushing another lift will keep you from worrying about your lost gains

Thanks for the advice. I'll just have to hit the core and legs.

It's funny the injury popped up just now, the month where I said to myself: Ok, time for some serious gains now, no more baby weights.

Just going to have to accept it's better to be less developed now than a broke dick in future.

I learned real quick what the AC Joint and Rotator Cuff was. Funny that.

Is this the thread were we post Vikings?

Don't forget to post modern vikings.

My goal weight is for 20% body fat at 160 lbs and 6'3. That's a very generic, I'm a fatass and I need to cut goal.

Now that I've been cutting for awhile, and I'd esimate at the current moment I'm 6'3 220 pounds, I'm mildly curious about my true body fat, as I've been working out for about 6 months now, and believe I'd fall into the "builtfat" category, or borderline at least.

Now, if I continue to work out, and build muslce, by the time i were to be cutting to 160, I imagine my body fat % would actually be somewhere in the ~10% area, does that sound about right?

I don't have an official gym, or weights so I can't give you any true reference lifting stats.

But, the main lift I've been working on progressing is pull ups, which I can now do a max rep of 10 in a row, full ROM.

PS, is my inactive TDEE really ~2300?

Viking warrior memes... when will you faggots learn? They were barbarian cucks then just as they are today.

kek

I hate you and your shitty posts.

Don't disrespect our new QTDDTOT king.

Skinnyfat, should I eat at a deficit and lift, or just start bulking and lifting?
Also is it possible to hit close to 1/2/3/4 1 rep on a deficit from noob gains?

>group that mostly relies on a certain tactic is at a disadvantage when they can't utilize that tactic but their enemy can use theirs

Well no fucking shit.

Furthermore,
>that bullshit tv show
>vikings

Can anyone red pill me on hot and cold baths? I'm in the middle of a lacrosse season and have serious lactic acid buildup (I think). My muscles aren't too sore to move, it's just like they have no explosiveness and it feels like I'm running through sand. Ice baths are the recommended choice by teammates, and I understand the idea, but I've been wondering about hot baths. Like wouldn't it make sense to get the blood flowing through the muscles to get lactic acid out?

That looks like shit and I seriously doubt you can do 10 proper form pull ups.

t. dumbass

There are two roads from skinnyfat to swole:
>skinny
>fat
Neither are particularly appealing but you must choose one.

Hey fit!
Is there any good app to log the calories consumed, and in relation to the weight estimate the TDEE with de data collected? I'm doing that with an exel spreadsheet, but an app would be way better.
Not talking about MFP or the likes, that calculates calories in food, I got this part covered...
Also, more generally, usefull apps for lifting BBing? Thanks!

5x5 vs 3x5? Currently lifting 90/135/180/200 in lbs

Jefit

Did an urine exam and foud out that I have medium high keton bodies in urine. What does that mean?

i've got eph but i've run out of caffeine pills, will drinking a large coffee 30 mins to an hour after the pills still work out or should i go buy some actual caffeine?

my family has a history of balding young. should i risk it and take creatine?

>putting up a second QTDDTOT when the other one is nowhere near the bump limit
>decreasing chances that people will have their questions answered
>all so you can satisfy your avatar-posting tripfag fetish for a medicore show
>being a dyel who asks noob tier questions in the first post
This is why all trips should be culled.

Just tried it. Didn't find anything about tracking calorie intake and calculating an empirical TDEE based on weight and calorie intake...

What does "DYEL" stand for? I'm new to the internet

I've been sick and lost 4lb, will I get that muscle back quickly. I'm a beginner if it matters.

Unless you've been seriously ill, that lost weight is probably mostly just water and glycogen.

But yes, it's easier to regain muscle mass than to build it in the first place: even if you loose muscle cross-section, the adaptations in muscle structure are still in place and will stay there until you die.

That being said: noobs loose strength much faster when they don't train because their still shaky muscle coordination and technique gets rusty faster.

Do you even lift

An ab wheel maybe. Dip belt for weighted pull ups. Adjustable dumbbells maybe for more accessories that can't be performed with a barbell etc

Not enough glucose, your body is doing fatty acid degredation to feed your brain

I put the weight on my shoulders for squats like i'm supposed to and everything but:

what is an acceptable level of pain in my spine after squatting?

None. Fix your form

And is that good or bad? I mean how does that translate to health and to fat loss/muscle gain?

My bulged disc is healing up pretty well. What are some good excersies to strengthen my body so I don't hurt my back again. Also it was due to my leg bones being misaligned not bad form

Should I do keto or is it a meme? Seems like all the fatties do Keto and lose a shit load of weight really fast.

It's an inefficient biochemical pathway. But it can be good for weight loss.

What is something funny i can write/put on my wrist straps? I work at a clothes printing shop so I can get pretty much anything I want as long as it's not super offensive (because I don't have a home gym)
pic for example

I'm on a cut at 1950 kcals (70 g fats, 170 g proteins), I didn't think I should have glucose problems. If it's good to shred fat is fine tho.

MAGA
4U

Are there any ingredients common between pre-gym and 5 hour energy that can make someone really nauseous after eating?

I swear I've puked, or been really close to puking on multiple occasions the last few weeks.

I think I've narrowed it down to those things (using the caffeine primarily as an appetite suppressant)

What's the deal with those mixed salad/lettuce bags you can buy? Nutritionally respectable or just a meme?

i have a pair of 30lb dumbbells and 15lb dumbbells. what kind of upper body/arm routine can i do? im ignore legs for now because theyre big already because ex-fatty

Starting to do my first cut
Is reducing my compounds from 5x5 -> 3x5 and mt accessories from 3x8 to 2x8 enough to preserve my lean mass?

Isn't that starting strength?

how many calories are in 100g of gorund turkey?

I swear to god I lurked in google and cant find shit outside "cup", what the fuck that shit can be measure wrong easily.
goddamit america

Will dips ruin my shoulders, or I am getting fucjing memed on?
When do noob gains stop?

How do you guys deal with being away from a gym and your own food?

About to go a week without both. I might be able to squeeze into a gym with like a 7 day pass or some shit but I'm mostly worried about diet. How should I go about this?

anyone here is a chef or aspiring to be one ?
how do you balance it out with lifting and proper dieting aka tracking macros?

So about two years ago I hurt my back twice. Once when I was OHPing and the other while squatting. The pain went away relatively fast but ever since my back has "hurt". I don't wanna call it pain but it is like an extreme discomfort. Anyways I notice it only "hurts" when I am standing still for periods of time. I can go on a hike for hours and my back doesn't hurt but as soon as I am standing still at the cash register for work my back hurts.

Would this be something a chiropractor could work on or do I need to go to the doctor?

Complettly ok.
Wash them.

How far did you get before stalling in SS/SL

What are the pros and cons of a PPL over, say, a 5 day split?

Also is there any good reason that I shouldn't do a PPLPPLX routine?

Assuming PPL is the way to go and I can go PPLPPLX, what is a good PPL routine?

stop fapping friendo

I'm not going to lift day, effectively putting a 3 day rest between my A B split. If I lift tommorrow morning, will I still make gains or did I just lose a whole week of work?

sharp pain in localised spot?
herniated disc, see doctor and eval options

muscle pain in one area like lower back or one shoulder?
see a chiro and get your shit snapped up(the good kind)