Aerodynamically speaking, does running while your arms are hanging from your back makes you faster?

aerodynamically speaking, does running while your arms are hanging from your back makes you faster?

pic related. thats how i run

'Does an aerodynamic form make me more aerodynamic?' is essentially what your asking. Of course it does you mong

Yeah, but no human runs anywhere fast enough for wind resistance to become a meaningful factor.
By running in the Olympic fashion (leaning back slightly, arms swinging in pace with stride) the arms help to store energy from each stride and put it towards the next one. With the chest back and out of the way, the legs can go higher up without being impeded by the torso, increasing stride length and power.

Yea cause Japs are notoriously known for being sprinters.

It's also a good way to hit your face hard on the pavement.

No, it doesn't. That "style" of running with the arms hanging back is a throwback from battlefield tactics. Samurai/etc. would have weapons drawn while running at times, and pumping your arms while one is holding a sword/spear and the other is at your waist trying to stabilize a sheath is awkward as fuck.

Unless you're running with weapons or want to look like an idiot you shouldn't run like that.

The reason the ninjas in the show ran like that was because they had their weapon pouches on the back of their waists

Let's state this first: I understand this bait, but I want to look retard so: you are a [worst insult you can think of], how can you even think this? Didn't you ever watch the Olympics or people doing athletics, runners perhaps? Usain Bolt's records?
This user () explained it pretty well and this one () is obviously fake.

Plus: if you run like this you'll look like an aspie with an overwhelming number of chromosomes.

In OP's defense: he may be one of those katana holding weaboos

story time
>be me in middleschool
>first public school, been catholic private entire life til now
>never met a tard because they weren't allowed in private school
>first gym class
>playing soccer
>kid who's seemed a little off starts to let out this scream
>"pwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh"
>bends over at waist and stares straight at ground
>arms straight back
>full fucking spring
>holy fuck never seen anyone run this fast
>slams head first into stomach of kid playing goalie

i like this guy

Kekekekkekekekkekekekekekek mein sides

This is a good greentext newfags take note

Thank you, I don't like myself

>aerodinamically
That's not why it makes you slower though. It's because you make shorter strides.

The reason they run like that is because it's easier to draw and animate you dumbfuck

kek i dont remember what highschool anime it was but the characters fucking ran like that for one scene. Holy shit if it looks autistic in slice of life anime imagine how retarded you look doing this for real.

friends say i look cool tho

Make an approximate drawing on SolidWorks and import it to ANSYS Fluent.

>measure average airspeed around your running time throughout the year, could find that on google
>measure only air temperature as body generation rate plus convectice heat transfer are negligible
>also, an important underlying assumption is no-slip condition

Perform CFD simulation (steady-state for simplicity) using Fluent. For extremely accurate results use DNS model, it'll probably take a month on your regular laptop and days on a super computer (using then parallel computing method for multi-core computer).

You can also use RANS (Reynolds Averaged NS) would make it less for the computational time since the wake would be much more turbulent due to asymmetry in the horizontal axis and complexity of geometry (hands, head and torso) legs would also have influence so be sure to include it in the geometry.

Do this for normal running conditions and the specified case you've got. Plot drag development with time.
Compare and there you have it.

Good luck user.

Is this b8

If not, you are autistic as fuck

kek

>steady-state simulation being relevant for a running person