Are deadlifts a meme?

Are deadlifts a meme?

>is picking stuff off the ground a meme
Deadlifts are as functional strength as you can get.

You're the meme, OP. You're the meme.

>functional strength

There's that meme again. You don't need a woman to do when she does it all over the place you don't know how about it is you know you are still a single man

>You don't need a woman to do when she does it all over the place you don't know how about it is you know you are still a single man
>google search this to make sure it's pasta
>it's not
What the fuck are you saying?

Wow wtf!? How can someones deadlift form be that fucking bad that he ends up with his head under the bar... baka desu senpai

They are a meme to people who think in terms of memes all the time

wot

he thinks deadlifts are an actual exercise

what the FUCK you dyel faggot

only a newfag does deadlift

sage, lurk more you faggot

>functional strength

How are people like you even allowed to enter a gym?

>he doesn't know about the overhead deadlift

this

>functional strength

Sure, goy.

Keep damaging your spi... I mean, deadlifting!

>You don't need a woman to do when she does it all over the place you don't know how about it is you know you are still a single man

kill yourself

-finn

I can't tell who is memeing and who is serious anymore

We'll have never been proven to be that you can be proven wrong with your proxy argument kiddo. Try not being a bad fat fat boy you lard ass

nigger you won't make it

eat shit

FUCKING is not very easy because it does it take to the time she does it because it is not very easy

Hello, I am from Reddit, what is going on in this thread?

Can someone properly inform me?

Will reward with an upvote.

Not very much fun with a game. I hope you're okay with this one

Go to the CBT and look at all the skinny manlets with no core, no traps, and barely any body mass.

These are the DYELs telling you that deadlifting is a meme

Look man, straight up, I know you can build a great body without deadlifts, squats, the whole shebang, I know that and I'm not gonna preach the elitist gospel

But heavy fucking deadlifts gave me HUGE fucking shoulders, traps, and upper back and gave me the posture of a Marine meeting a general

>deadlifts
>shoulders

>what is middle and rear delts

he wasn't deadlifting. he was snatching

Daily reminder that OLY LIFTING IS THE FINAL REDPILL

>functional strength

get a load of this fat faggot

Nothing worked my trapezius like deadlifts have, but this is closely tied to the length of your traps, the shape and angle of your clavicles and where the distal portion of the upper fibers of the traps attach.

If you have droopy clavicles and long trapezius like I do, deadlifts will absolutely obliterate them and you will get those Bane traps in a couple months.

What do you think keeps those 450lbs from tearing your humerus right out of its socket?

Yeah but how can you tell they've grown from deadlifts? Haven't you been doing bench, OHP and pull/chinups as well? Surely your middle and rear delt would grow more from those.

I know.

The traps.

yeah deadlifts and cleans made my traps grow real nice

hahaha wtf

but seriously though
>muh functional strength
who gives a fuck, is your job picking 400lbs everyday? are you a professional athlete getting paid for doing so?
If working out didn't improve physique 95% of people would stop this shit immediately

Cause Ive been lifting for years and I know my body and I tinker with my routines and evaluate results. Mind you, they have a huge effect on my traps, not necessarily my delts, but they do help out there too.

uh the traps attach to the acromion and the distal portion of the clavicle, not the humerus.

The humerus is held primarily by a network of really tough tendons and tons of -other- muscles, including the deltoids, all of which contribute to a huge upper back when you work out with deadlifts. Teres major and minor, infraspinatus are chief.

What are your lifts?

What does this mean?

could you be a bit more specific? I assume you mean my numbers?

6`1 230lbs
290 bench
260 barbell row (either grip)
185 clean and press
450 deadlift
220 squats x10

>functional strength is a meme
I guess you never squatted qties at the beach

This is a troll post, right?

How did the bar fall on his head like that from a deadlift??

One of the many dangers of bad form.

No, those are my actual lifts for doubles. It is what it is. My bf% is around 20

that's what happens when you use a mixed grip

unless you've been taught properly by a competent instructor as well as a program built around them properly and just not your juiced up friend who watched a couple of youtube videos egging you on then yes, they are the biggest meme exercise going