*blocks your gains*

*blocks your gains*

That's why I stopped

>not cutting out calories to allow yourself a cold one

But I'm an alcoholic and I'm gaining 10lbs almost every week on bench

>tfw barrel chested strongman who carries a 30 rack on his shoulder walking back to my apartment at 6'4"

Probably not good.

Lifting or drinking?

I had a drinking problem for a while, but my antidepressants helped me quit. I essentially don't even think about drinking anymore. Pretty good feeling, desu

>not getting drunk to weebuntz
I pity you.

>not cutting out a thousand calories to allow yourself several cold ones

I usually cut back around 500 to give me a nice comfy 3-5 beer buzz

i live on a small town, its has 1.000.000 people but this fucking town has nothing cool to do, only 4 bars, 2 clubs and thats it, all of them under 1 mile radius, drinking is all i have left, besides beach

Thanks user, I needed the pity.

when i'm going out to drink i eat only salad, red meat and beans, i get about 1500 calories only on proteins and something like 70g of carbs from beans then i can have a fuckload of beers and don't go much out of my daily intake

Idk if alcohol actually fucks up your gains, but it does influence you to make bad desicions like eating crap and it could also fuck up your appatite the day after and make you less likely to go to the gym the next day. however I think it varies from person to person. For me its muscle memory to not eat shit while drunk and I usually manage to get to the gym even when hungover.

anecdotal, but I've had some nights were I drank pretty heavily and went to train the next day and felt no decrease in performance
I sometimes wonder if I'm just not eating enough and the calories from the alcohol end up helping more than hindering. probably just dumb superstiton

You just weren't drinking heavily then, if you can train at all the next day then you aren't even really drinking at all.

it inhibits protein synthesis too, on top of having tons of cals

Alcohol stats:
S.P.E.C.I.A.I.L:
-1 endurance -1 strength + 1 social
Perk: Normie's acceptance

it accelerates protein synthesis by increasing liver enzymes so if you manage to eat it can actually be good

If you're a legit alcoholic, seriously consider putting the bottle down man. I'm 28 and shit got pretty dark for me before I kicked booze. 6 months sober as of next week, shit couldn't be better.

>Anti-emotions drugs
T.sociopath

horseshit, you need to source that

I have a phd in biology and physiology from harvard, just leave the conversation before you realize how out of your depth you are

>credibility argument on an anonymous image board

You must see the problem with this

bueno

God damn that's a swole dove.

Don't be too triggered all at once that i can juggle both keeping in better shape than you, NATTY, whilst also having made an academic life for myself.

>not living on a 400 calorie deficit daily so you can get smashed every weekend

How long did your PhD take you?
I'm not the fat fuck arguing with you.
I'm just curious because I'm considering applying to Harvard for mine (in a very different field) and want to know a little about the experience.

You two should duke it out

>liying on the internet
>lying on Veeky Forums

Why, my man

Took me 2 years because im an absolute ledge. You can apply but the interview was ruthless honestly because they give all sorts of subtle iq tests to root out who has just rote learned answers and who actually has the one the spot smarts.

God you sound like such an insufferable faggot

No

Ok

Tfw people are paranoid and think drinken from time to time some alcohol destroys every gain.
People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years. There is a clear line between use and abuse.

This. Can confirm