What now?

I'm 21 and put my life savings into Ethereum (ETH) at $9.00 in February.

This cost me $26,100 at the time.

Now that I've made more than I ever thought I'd have by this stage what do I do?

Should I diversify? Keep holding? What would you guys do?

Hope to get some good ideas. I worked very hard since 15 to get to where I am now and I feel like I've not done enough planning on how to actually use the money I've made at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

ledgerwallet.com/products
forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/02/03/why-venezuelas-currency-crisis-is-a-case-study-for-bitcoin/#52a35d1819b2
worldcommercereview.com/publications/article_pdf/79
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how are the taxes in your country?

if you aren't a LARPing piece of shit, i'm proud of you op

Do NOT buy any of the BTC-based alts, they're all scams to boost value of Bitcoin. Just hold onto some of the ETH and put some into BTC. Maybe put $100k or so in real stocks and bonds.

Pretty good. We don't have capital gains tax.
I'm not. I actually think I need some help on what my best options might be now

Cash out buy a nice house, buy a nice car and just live a comfy life now user.

depends on what you feel like personally, no one here is qualified to give you investment advice. As of immediately rn you have like 4 options
>1 hodl eth through this fork and potentially lose profit
>2 buy bitcoin for this fork and potentially make a great amount to sell back into eth
>3 risk money on alts, frankly i think you are in a good position and dont need to throw too much into it. if anything omg/ark/kmd would be a safe bet for the future
>4 take out half or so and work on non crypto assets if you are worried about the market kabooming

again youre in a great position and have a lot of options, i cant tell you what the best one is

why u didnt sold D: u had now over 400 btc at the ATH

If I was in your situation, I'd withdraw 10% per year. That way you have a solid yearly income, it won't be too heavily taxed, and it has room to grow further. It will also stop you doing anything too rash with it. Congrats, btw.

If you're feeling generous
0x4745823e097c79E74b0B1c1C3744B4B5c1De27E0

PLEASE send me a couple ETH so I can buy a new laptop, my current one is cracked to shit so I've been trading on my phone.

Here's my pathetic portfolio.

0x44B79FB238bF37ECD139D24084555110b5363A75

assuming crypto doesnt explode you could hold a proof of stake coin, and make passive income off your money. assuming that omg does great you could make a lot off this. if you dont know what proof of stake is essentially you make free coins from holding that specific coin

Keep holding. Alot of erc20 cryptos will fail. However, Eth will still hold because consensys & gas. Vitalik & Joseph haven't sold yet.

>he didnt sell eth at 500

Just.... be happy, OP.... you better be, for the both of us, to balance my JUSTing......

i have nowhere near your luck or capital, and im honestly pretty inexperienced, but if i were in your shoes, i would probably set aside a budget for random crypto investment (maybe 100-150k, since you've seen first hand how just one smart investment can pay off well and you can stand to make fat returns from riding big waves with a fraction of this budget). then, from the remaining, i'd diversify whatever amount you think is best into btc depending on how you view its future compared to eth

you could also take a similar budget and use it to start investing in stocks and bonds, but fuck that, its the digital gold rush

do not be a retard and do this. a decadent lifestyle isnt everything. Do not blow half your stack on a house or car, you dont literally need a lambo. Live where you want to live and exist man. travelling could be a lot of fun. but DO NOT pull out a significant amount of your assets. look heavily into portfolio diversity theory. you need to divide assets into different options

do you have a job? if you have no income, you could find yourself in the 0% capital gains tax category. maybe grab an accountant to make sure you're following the rules.
if you have a job, you should quit and cash out next year.
adjust your portfolio to 80% stock, 20% crypto. put all your stock in VOO until you learn more about investing.

holishit...who u asking....in this biz most of the replies u got were lost theor portfolio by 90%...dont take their shit advise....u r wise enough to take u r choices....but u made incredible feet so u deserve better life ...so take out/cash out at lease one mill in fait to be sure....we not sure wt happens to cryptos tomorrow

to be clear, i'd use that budget for crypto investments in general, not on one big investment. i would use that budget to diversify pretty hard into a ton of random projects i see value in and to dip in and out of random pumps. definitely don't put it all in one place unless you have huge balls or have thought it through pretty well

Spare some change for a poorfag? Help a faithful fellow Veeky Forumsraeli out so I can at least get some normal food and not the highest calorie/price ratio garbage. It would make my day.

0xE1C5AfB6cC73ae9722715042c73e7A6a4daB52b5

here's what you do

buy 100 million bitbeans

hodl 50/50 in bitcoin/eth

Yep I work in software development, I'm thinking it might be a good option to keep working and just forget about what I have in crypto on the chance that it might blow up but there is definitely no guarantees.

Right now I'm not diversified at all so getting some ideas here is exactly what I'm looking for..

Of course just being happy is important, but when it comes to what is most logical thats what I am having a hard time working out

shut up pajeet
at this point your assets are considered long term capital gains, at least in the us, definitively look into financially what you need to do legally to move money around. also, consider getting a ledger nano, or ledger blue. a hardware wallet is a much better piece of mind at your stage in the game

It's PEACE of mind

like i said if your scared of crypto blowing up take out half or 60% of your stack. 200k is a lot to trade with, and will be hard to buy into things cause youll be creating walls. diversify out of crypto partially. especially if you are worried about it going south

oh you actually need real coins to hold lol well i guess here's my pasta

>BTC Bitcoin 50% (6000$ at time of writing)
>ETH Ethereum 10% (.047 BTC)
>ETP Metaverse Entropy 10% (.00078 BTC)
>XMR Monero 5% (.014 BTC)
>KCS Kucoin 5% (.000096 BTC)
>BITB BEANS 5% (36 sat)
>BIS Bismuth 5% (.0001 BTC)
>EDO Eidoo 5% (.0037 BTC)
>Play money: 5% spread amongst whatever trash you want

from one dev to another, definitely stay in the field and keep your skills sharp. if crypto does end up making you financially independent, you're gonna have lots of free time for side projects you know... and if it doesn't, you have a great career behind you and can look for a chill(er) job while supplementing your gains with your salary

but personally, i wouldn't start living a comfier life until i at least have a few million in investments. no point in getting used to a higher standard of living before you have the means to keep that standard going for the rest of your life

Send me some love and ill hit you up with an under 10 mil market cap coin with HUGE Growth potential that ive already made 3x on.

0x2222a9E3d76cD535276D35e4bEaF2a3c36cDAF2d

If you wanna jump start my acension out of debt
0xCbD07180dC378bc86264cCD3135C74e603496cB6

hey retard dont take suggestions from these chinkis, pjeets.....wagfuckers...niggars...they give u shit ideas.....cash out and put it in stocks/some non volatable business what ever u think for u r retirement/luxury life .....rest u can keep in crypto....

>buy stocks with potentially unlimited share counts
>buy bonds with literally no obligation to pay you

if you said buy real estate you wouldn't be a retard, but you still are mr "safe investment" man

Diversification is for suckers which is why Buffett has a concentrated portfolio. Don't fall for the trends

cash out half and sit on the rest for another year.

what to do this with beggars.....when ever they see good portfolio...they give theor address.....hey beggars instead of begging ..ask some idea from him and learn to become rich........get out beggars

I definitely agree that not doing everything at once is a smart idea, you'd want to do it in parts.

I always have this thing in the back of my head that fiat money is not going to be worth anything, and selling something that could potentially be the foundation for the future monetary system seems to not make much sense especially when you know how money and the federal reserve works..

Is that crazy? What do you guys think?

I dont want to be like the Bitcoin Pizza guy..

But I also have no idea what the right thing to do is. Some of the responses here so far have definitely helped though

theres not much advice to have though is there? he bought eth and hodl. theres not much that goes into that. what kind of advice is there at that point? why he picked eth and why he only hodl?

get an iphone

Definitely some solid advice worth considering.

Thanks mate.

if u really want to ask....u can ....but u have to have iron balls to keep a all life saving in single coin...until 300$....so we can ask him ...how he maintained his cool , no sell....does he look his blackfolia all the time like us....so many q u can ask

Because I know I suck shit trading when I tried it out in FX once a couple years ago.

I read about the guy who messed around and didnt 'hodl' and now he may as well burned 10s of millions.

I'm just trying to get somewhat of a sense of what people here are doing so I can add that to my own process to consider before doing anything from this point.

if u feel like gibs:
0xacd1b05b1ee7503dd9b27654ab84b1f0ecc62ded

:3

then dont hold fiat my guy. if you are super sketch buy gold or something. properties is also an option, invest in local business. youre capital gives you a lot of options, its about choosing what you are comfortable with. but i would agree with your statement on fiat.

day trading isnt really in scope for you unless you buy in smaller numbers to avoid creating walls. That being said looking at coins with promising future could be a great idea, especially if proof of stake happens, then you will make new coins instead of just %gains.

if anything with the upcoming fork i would buy some btc, couldnt hurt. lest eth drops to 250. Remember vitalik sold his at 25$ hes not sure why its worth what it is. not fuding it or anything, but it has been wild recently

Agreed, live below your means brah. That's how anyone can be wealthy. I'm sitting on a few mil but living like a normal joe.

I wouldn't start going potato with money until you've got like 3mil for your life fund. Anything over that is a bonus to buy and do what you want.

True, I think if anything the only things of real value are going to be property and cryptocurrency.

Although crypto being widely accepted is a huge gamble.

I kinda feel like Gold is a meme, its not going to stay relevant in the 21st century IMO but I could be wrong.

I appreciate the thoughts a lot man, hugely helpful to get the opinions of some others here

also please for the love of God buy a ledger
ledgerwallet.com/products

seeing that much held online gives me heebie jeebies

Are you just straight "Hodling" all your money in crypto?

Please tell us what your portfolio make up is in percentages if you're able to shed some light on what you found worked best for you.

Cheers

let me ask you this, if you dont believe in crypto, and you dont think fiat is a good idea, then what the fuck do you think is going to be worth the money

My advice is the best - just hold. Vitalik and Joseph Lubin haven't sold yet, and they're billionaires. Do you want to be rich or not?

I just think crypto is a huge risk, huge reward.

I have no idea if its going to become widely accepted.. property seems to be the best bet for the future if you're looking at it in terms of least risky.

There is only so much real estate in the world making it scarce, and its also a necessity for humans to live in.

So yeah, probably less upside, but what are your guys thoughts on WHEN crypto could actually start becoming a real threat to the fiat system if at all?

I have huge respect for both these guys!

But of course they're fully invested in it and working to make it happen.

look at countries like Venezuela. their fiat is worth less than wow gold, btc is already what anyone with a brain there does with their money because they dont have to worry about it shitting the bed relative to other fiat because its internationally valuable.

woth noting that im a huge believer in crypto, so take my bias as you will

Please, op. You're my only hope.
A bit if good karma won't hurt.

0x9aC4ed983579C88dcABE7d32bec10eF35A61DD9B

Almost a million dollars isn't cool, you know what's cool? Tens of millions of dollars. Go all in on OMG and thank me this time next year.

If it was me, I'd take out most of it, buy a nice house, then with the remainder just put into bitcoin/eth/a few alt coins and continue holding.

A house (to me) is one of the most important things, and having a fully paid off house at 21 is quite literally the dream.

you didnt fucking sell at $400+?

kid, just cash out now before you do something stupid lol

Actually no, I made a majority of my net worth through game development. I released a game this year(that took 4 yrs to dev) that netted me a couple mil.

I've only made 500k so far profit from crypto. Majority in BTC and a couple in a few other promising alts. Unfortunately my country has CGT so I'd rather ride out the profit to a few mil first.

Regardless, I'd look at putting 80-90% of your funds in a low risk investment. Get like 3-5% return yearly. Security of financial independence is easily gained this way. (thats what I do, guaranteed income is stupid not to miss out on)
And the 5-10% you can put in higher risk like Crypto.

How on earth does anyone know when and where the price will and won't go at any moment?

Drawing memes on a chart doesn't seem to make much sense to me when you're dealing with large amounts..

I agree a house is important, but its also no good if you dont want to confine yourself to 1 location..at least with renting you can move easier

forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/02/03/why-venezuelas-currency-crisis-is-a-case-study-for-bitcoin/#52a35d1819b2
heres a article from forbes.

Damn nice.

Was it a PC game? Kinda curious to look into that.

I'll sell you my laptop for your link

>I agree a house is important, but its also no good if you dont want to confine yourself to 1 location..at least with renting you can move easier
It's not necessarily just about living there, it's yours, no matter what. Property is generally something people increase and increase, it's a fairly safe investment (more people living = more demand for houses, simple).

Even if you buy like a $500k or so house (in Australia that's not much, but if you're American it seems like that can get you a pretty nice house), and use the rest. Either way, well done user, as long as you don't fuck up bad (and I doubt you will), you're life has become much, much easier.

Worst advice I've read on here in a long time. Especially the car is a huge waste of opportunity.

dude, you went from $9 to $400 on a 21k investment and you didnt consider it was time to sell? how fucking greedy are you? you think it could jump to 1 or 2k just like that?
get this in your skull, buy low sell high, you did the first part well now sell while its still high, we dont know wtf can happen next months.

In my opinion:

1. Cash out 75% of your ETH.
2. Diversify the cash into:
>50% index funds
>20% bonds
>10% good altcoins you can stake with (personally I would get a significant amount of Ark)
>10% precious metals
>5% keep in the bank
>5% spend on something you want. You earned it.

TY for the sound advice

op you need to figure out a way to get out of eth immediately, not by bank terms where you fuck yourself and your a government play toy on capital gains tax. Keep the money and invest into other things eth isnt a game its russian roulette on your wallet and that isnt fun.

>it's a schizophrenic tells cryptocurrency users about the dim prospects of coins ever going up episode

>dude, you went from $9 to $50 on a 21k investment and you didnt consider it was time to sell? how fucking greedy are you? you think it could jump to 300 or 400 just like that?
get this in your skull, buy low sell high, you did the first part well now sell while its still high, we dont know wtf can happen next months.

Hindsight is 20/20 now stop talking like an arrogant retard and wake the fuck up, we have just as much reason to believe it will dip lower as we do to believe it will rise above 400.

its not really enough to retire on, and i wouldnt withdraw any simply because the gains you could make outside of holding bitcoin or ethereum are much smaller.

only take out money that you actually have a need for, and leave the rest in.

Are you serious? I bet you say "oh I wish I bought bitcoin at $1!!!" but you're a faggot who would have sold at $10.

>went from $9 to $400
You do realise you could apply the exact same logic at $100, $200 etc...

this

Put your money into something safe and have fun with the 10%. That 10% is more than you started out with anyway. Maybe you can find another good one.

Congrats user. Be safe and smart. Don't get greedy you're doing well. Also, get a gun to defend yourself.

why take any chances when he already 33x his money?? oh wait, he didnt until he actually SELLS

> only take out money that you actually have a need for, and leave the rest in.

This has been my game plan.

I dont need the money since I'm living fine now with my work but yeah the thought has crossed my mind a couple times about if I should be doing anything with what I have in crypto by this point.

Holding seems just so much easier honestly than making a decision that might end up being great, or terrible.

I thought I summed you up well but did so much more concisely

fucking greedy men, you will get burned some time

if you want a safe option to transfer to find that one coin thats tied to the usd. You could easily not lose anything.

eth is a risky hold, if you want low effort pick like 3 coins. personally
eth/ or kmd if you want out of eth
omise go
btc

i think that would be a safe bet PERSONALLY

Dynamic IP's are a cunt, Im the guy you replied to

Literally the most basic rule of trading is to let winners run and to cut losses early. Enjoy hodling coins netting you 50% losses and desperately clawing your 10% gains before they actually take off, and eventually running yourself broke, you braindead, minimum wagecuck, animorphised white noise of a human being.

Yeah a PC game on Steam, was a huge pain and stress to work on but I suppose it paid off. Won't give the name away since our team is plastered all over it. It's a FPS game I will say.

I agree with everyone else, you've done your part. Buy low sell high and it paid off. Get most out while you're ahead because right now a majority of your funds could drop off at any time.

yep, i would only consider taking out a sizeable amount if the forecast of crypto completely changes.

i have a huge amount of money just sitting in bitcoin and ethereum because i know i can weather a 75%+ drop and ride it out while things recover. if i was bearish on crypto as a whole, i would just remove 50% to 75% of it and take the tax hit, but that only makes sense if you think crypto is going to crash 30-50% in the near future.

this way you can still hodl, but its statistically safer
worldcommercereview.com/publications/article_pdf/79

congrats if true. very few go all in and few who do win big

fucking retard, he already hold enough to let his $9 grow to $300, the braindead decision at that point would be not cashing in and diversifying his $. You probably just got lucky a couple of times and think you are unstoppable, fucking faggot. Hope you end up broke

If I were you I'd put 2.5k into Ark, 2.5k into WTC, 2.5k into BNB and 2.5k into REQ.
Ark is a good project and will steadily gain market cap in the future, I forgot what WTC was but I remember it sounding really really fucking good (you should personally look at these ofc, don't just take my word for it), BNB is used as kind of a fuel for the Binance exchange which is getting more and more popular, and REQ is going to be the new paypal, advertised by y-combinator (look it up).
10k won't make a difference to you, but it's going to gain far more percentage points than meth at this point.

maybe we are unstoppable and youre the faggot

Spoiler alert: we are and he is

Actually knowing how to fucking trade will indeed do that to you

i very much doubt any of those are going to outpace bitcoin by 10x in the near future.

this

nigger the goal is to acquire more bitcoins

For now I'm going to keep holding and hoping for the best.

But yeah, I mean so long as you dont need the money for emergency it should be fine.

One day I think the only thing I would diversify into is real estate.

I just wish fiat would crash already lol.

Congrats!

finally had some spare money from backpay and decided to get into crypto around May, wasnt following it much had no idea shit was mooning, more than likely would have bought ETH as I was interested in it ages ago when it was 2 dollars. fucking missed out by 2 months

if thats what your comfortable with man, i still think some btc in the fork would be a good idea. but thats me.
by all means its your money and you need to be comfortable with what yo do with it that way you cant blame anyone but yourself for the outcome, good or bad.

if you wanna shoot ya boi some eth thatd be litty
0x601eAeBEC698aEa5b3018734c4B1580765c53004
im going to bed

This
If you're still looking at USD values and charts you're doing it wrong. The only purpose of alts is to rise compared to btc so you can acquire more btc.

Buffett makes 15% a year. Compounded that's 2x yearly for the first 30 years (1.15^30). Eth is that long term hold.

Cash out 100/200k and buy a house/flat. Leave the rest in crypto.

I'm not a fan of BTC though desu.

ETH is actually applicable so much more to real world applications and adoption.. thats just my thoughts/opinion though.

To each is own

Kill yourselves begging Pajeets