Cardio is good for y-

>cardio is good for y-
startingstrength.com/article/why-you-should-not-be-running

77 validates mark's point
reminder that everyone who does cardio is dyel

Retarded Rippetoe

Is anyone really surprised that Mr. GOMAD would think cardio is bad.

quality post

>Here, kids: drink a full gallon of whole milk every day! And make sure you never do any cardio!

So is Rip in cahoots with cardiologists or funeral parlors?

cardio is good if your a big dumb faggot

>if you are a skinny teenager then you drinking a gallon of milk a day will help you to gain weight, only do it if you need to gain weight quickly and only for a short time

Obviously he tells everybody to do GOMAD!

>If you are a competitive distance runner or cyclist who is serious about your sport, this article has not been written for you.

But every athlete needs to have good endurance

So rippletits only prepares lifters who lift and don't do sports?

>5. Strength training makes you more “durable,” in the sense that it makes you tougher, harder to hurt, and harder to kill

Keked hard, so Rippletits thinks lifting will do any shit to your fighting skills top kek

>Autists with one year of lifting experience are questioning rip
Keep complaining about your 1pl8 squat fellas. Oh and keep running 3 miles a day, surely that will help keep you in shape.

But it does

It really depends on the sport. Quite a few of them rely a lot more on conditioning than endurance and distance running isn't a great way of developing that.

He isn't wrong about it though. Muscle mass makes you sturdier and you do take hits better.

LMAO, that's false, if you think else, go to the nearest boxing club and get punched

Unless you are a fatty, then yes, fat diminishes damage to the body

>implying you can't lift and run
A man who can't run a few miles is not a man.

It's cute when people who don't fight say that. Having a conditioned core helps but nothing in starting strength would condition it in the way it needs to be.

I'm talking about blunt force trauma in general. Also not saying that putting on muscle mass will all of a sudden make you fucking superman.

Fell from my bike yesterday going into a corner and slipping, but because of my giant shoulder and triceps muscles I didn't receive any trauma.

and cardio is a lot more than distance running, retard

But I'm fat and lift heavy?

can someone give me tl;dr of this. does he actually say cardio is bad or is he referring to marathon like cardio? i seriously doubt he would say a 30-45 min cardio after strength training would be bad

Most martial arts won't advocate getting hit in the face for multiple rounds, either in practice or matches.

More mass on the body meaning muscle and fat means being able to handle more hits. This goes for all contact sports.

Is walking cardio?