What is the best non-animal protein source?

What is the best non-animal protein source?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GdwchseNVLI
youtube.com/channel/UC2ZWX3GJfAIeRFWN91t09ww
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pea protein

Nuts or seeds are good

they're shit, you need supplements

tuna

Quinoa

Soy. I would warn you about it lowering your testosterone, but you're probably already chronically low-T if you don't eat animals.

youtube.com/watch?v=GdwchseNVLI

Humans probably

Legumes are pretty good

>vegan
>competing in any strength sport or bodybuilding

Pick one and only one.

Quinoa and chia seeds. idk if there are any others, but those 2 both have all essential amino acids at pretty good levels, comparatively.
Other then that, lots of nuts/seeds.

Anime

>that
>bodybuilding

he'd get laughed out of an amateur men's beach fitness contest.

DYEL

>that chest
Is what I would say if he had one

seitan, tofu, lentils, beans, peas, nuts, seeds

Kendrick Farris is an American vegan weightlifter who broke the US world record due to the amount he lifted in his Olympics trails (the snatch and clean and jerk)

Literally every vegan in the gym I talk to cherrypicks Kendrick, he finished 11th in his weight class which is no achievement.

You can really tell he's vegan (looks like shit)

you can do better?

Yes

Soy protein isolate.

nice, which place did you finish?

The vegan pool is pretty small. It's still impressive.

There's also a German strongman who broke several world records.

David Meyer won got gold twice in the World Championship twice in Brazilian Ju Jitsu. But that isn't strength/body building.

Alex Dargatz is a vegan bodybuilder who looks pretty good too.

You don't need meat for protein or muscle mass.

bug protein, locust or cricket desu

ITT: Pleb tier answers

Hemp and soy

Also the combination of rice + beans works well. Whey is the ideal no matter what though.

"Best" is a fuzzy word. I assume you mean "what non-meat source is good for a bit more protein in a diet already full of eggs and chicken?" In which case I'd say the answer is oats.

behind ur mum, in her butt
The way I see it, if the vegan diet was some magical performance enhancer then all the top athletes would be doing it.

I didn't say it was a 'magical performance enhancer'. I said you can build muscle mass and get your protein in fine. It's an alternative diet which is usually healthier in terms of cholesterol and all that jazz, but it's mainly ethical. However you can't pretend there aren't extremely successful athletes who are vegan because you just don't want to.

"extremely successful athletes''

3 examples pls, will accept gold/silver olympic medallists, WSM competitors or other high level sport

Hi. I'm not a vegan but I thought I'd chime in to let you know that you really want to focus on consuming essential amino acids (EAAs) rather than thinking in terms of "complete proteins." The complete protein meme is just that, a meme. You see, our bodies can make amino acids if we feed them the right materials. Think about consuming an abundance of EAAs rather than thinking about whether something has a lot of complete protein.

With that said, IFBB pro Evan Centopani uses a protein powder made from brown rice and peas. He's not a vegan but likes it better than any other protein powder and it seems to be doing him just fine.

I think it has more to do with the fact that most vegans just have no interest in strength sports or bodybuilding. And the ones that do tend to be more health conscious, as many vegans are (or at least try to be; many of them are misinformed about nutrition). With that said, when you find a vegan who trains seriously, knows something about nutrition and takes AAS, they tend to look great and lift heavy. Pic related.

What a lot of people do is post pictures of AAS enhanced bodybuilders and then compare them to 98 lb natty weaklings and say "See! The difference is in animal protein!"

PS: Steroids are a vegan product made from yams or soy and distilled in cottonseed oil. 100 percent vegan.

seitan
legumes
pea protein

Is that velma?

That's Whitney Laurenson aka EcoVeganGal on YouTube.

I think we both know the vegan in your pic trens very hard and eats clen, if you kno what I mean ;)

There's a few vegans in my gym, one has been lifting for 20something years and looks like dropped shit and the other is a female strongman competitor who has been lifting a few years and is pathetically weak.

I have no problem with vegans if they admit that the diet is not optimal for health or sports performance and they're only doing it for ethnical reasons.

Carl Lewis in track athletics with 9 gold medals
Austin Aries in one of five wrestlers to have won the 'triple crown' and the longest reigning RoN World Champion
David Meyer who I already mentioned
Alan Dargatz won the World Fitness Federation Title in 2005 in body building
Megan Duhamel is a figure skater who won the World Championship in 2015 and 1026, as well as breaking some world records.

2016, not 1026*.

The diet is fine. Bad nutrition is bad nutrition. I know plenty of non-vegan lifters (although they aren't hard to find) who look like shit and lift like shit.

You can be ethical and perform highly.

Beans&Lentils
Nuts&Seeds
Quinoa&Amaranth
Soy is actually also not that bad

Also Quorn / Mycoprotein.

>Carl Lewis was popped for roids
>Implying WWE is a fucking sport
>who?
>shitty fed with no serious competitors
>figure skating isn't a sport

Vegancucks BTFO, the fad is dying peeps join the omnivore master-race.

>I think we both know the vegan in your pic trens very hard and eats clen, if you kno what I mean ;)

I wrote:
"when you find a vegan who trains seriously, knows something about nutrition and takes AAS, they tend to look great and lift heavy. Pic related."

AAS stands for anabolic-androgenic steroids, for the uninitiated.

And you replied
>I think we both know the vegan in your pic trens very hard and eats clen, if you kno what I mean ;)

In other words, I find your comment redundant.

>There's a few vegans in my gym, one has been lifting for 20something years and looks like dropped shit and the other is a female strongman competitor who has been lifting a few years and is pathetically weak.
You've just described two people who know fuck all about nutrition and training. Please see my comment above:

"most vegans just have no interest in strength sports or bodybuilding. And the ones that do tend to be more health conscious, as many vegans are (or at least try to be; many of them are misinformed about nutrition)."

In other words, most vegans don't know shit about nutrition or training and of the few that do, most will never take steroids. It's not that they can't, it's just that they don't. They think they're being healthy by eating a vegan diet and don't want to screw that up by taking AAS.

If you took a guy like Brock Lesnar, had him train exactly the same way, gave him the same drugs, the same supplements and the same macros, just from exclusively vegan sources, he'd still be Brock Lesnar. He'd still be freakishly big and strong and a super athlete on top of it.

If you take a 98 lb. vegan weakling who doesn't take steroids, doesn't understand how to train or eat for strength sports and who doesn't have the genetic potential to be huge, what you have is...a 98 lb weakling. Like the people you know from your gym. But let's not attribute their pathetic size and strength to a vegan diet.

They all fell within what was requested.

I'm not vegan, I'm just not a retard.

You're in the gym and this vegan guy slaps your girlfriends ass - what do?

Cum. But as a vegan, you already know that.

youtube.com/channel/UC2ZWX3GJfAIeRFWN91t09ww

This is one of the vegans I was talking about at my gym, his diet is just about as good as it can be for a vegan diet and he's still weak and looks shite.

''I'm not vegan'' hmm ok m8

You're at your little poofter vegan eatery chatting with your malnourished friends and this guy comes to your table and starts munching his 10kg hamburger in front of you, wat do?

*teleport behind him*
nothing personal, kid

*it was just a hologram*

Wew lad. You didn't even attempt to address a single point I made.

>This is one of the vegans I was talking about at my gym, his diet is just about as good as it can be for a vegan diet and he's still weak and looks shite.
What is sample size? And why don't small sample sizes work for statistics?

Pretty sure I'm done with this thread now.

because I already debunked them senpai

Typical vegan, no energy to debate? Go have a 4 hour nap and come back, kiddo.

Well, I'm not. I was for a while and I will probably go back to it.

>Typical vegan, no energy to debate?

My opening statement ITT:

"Hi. I'm not a vegan" Alright, kill yourself. Thanks.

>bugs aren't animals

Triggered: The Post.

Chicken
Pork
Beef
Fish
Wild game

My semen.

lentils and probably pea/rice protein isolate

but I'm not vegan so YMMV

squats and oatz

just mad coz vegans are superior

kek

You're arguing on Veeky Forums at the weekend, no matter what diet, you're not superior to anyone.

Humans are animals

Semen.

They aren't, they are bugs.

Whey

Rekt

>US world record