Other urls found in this thread:

nerdist.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-probably-didnt-have-feathers-scientists-say/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To this.

>dinosoyrs

second one looks cooler desu

>dinosaurs were real creatures that lived on the same planet as us right now

lads

You have subspecies with not as much feathers and 100% scaly species that look the same anyway.

Why are people so fucking triggered by the feathers? Nevermind that the cultural perception of dinosaurs was changed massives with Jurassic Park with it pushing the newfound scientific idea of horizontal spines. Prior to that everyone though of 2-legged dinosaurs as walking upright, dragging their tails behind them.

>why do people want proof before they believe something

Which btw is a much better board than Veeky Forums

Slow but cute board.

We do, it's fossil evidence. Even ignoring Archaeopteryx which people have always known had feathers, we have found similar feather impressions in the fossils of over 30 species of dinosaurs.

because most people are annoying about it

user we both know that's literally not the reason people reject it, it's entirely because to them feathers aren't as cool.

>go down to the watering hole
>giant fucking alligator eats my kid
Can we get rid of these assholes already?

That's more of crocodiles really

>here we go

nerdist.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-probably-didnt-have-feathers-scientists-say/

thread over.

>hurr why is there no photographic evidence of feather trex

>nerdist.com
Do you also follow "I fucking love science" on facebook?

>some dinosaurs had feathers
>HUUUURRRRR THEY ALL HAD FEATHERS NO THERES NO PROOF OF THAT BUT THEY ALL HAD FEATHERS!
>WHY ARE PEOPLE SO UPSET ABOUT THIS!
Idiots

>every pop sci place on the internet is going crazy about how all dinosaurs had feathers but I’m just going to pretend like they’re not
You’re such a piece of shit you know that

>>every pop sci place on the internet is going crazy about how all dinosaurs had feathers but I’m just going to pretend like they’re not
You would know, being that you literally just linked a pop sci website.

>pop sci
see there's your problem

its the interview with the paleontologist that's important not the shitty site

>dinosaurs closely related to trex had feathers
>scientists raise possibility of feathered trex
>interest in concept leads to artistic representations that are different from the nostalgic representation normies are accustomed to
>WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE NO FEATHERS NO FEATHERS
no u

>linking a fucking interview instead of actual peer-reviewed articles in a discussion on whether or not dinosaurs had feathers
I bet you watch Rick and Morty.

>my pop sci sources are legitimate but yours aren’t
Ok buddy

>where's the evidence
thats perfectly logical question when its a radically different design

You said there were feathers so show me the feathers on a trex fossil

>any pop sci source is legitimate
sure

well we're all waiting user.
you can start.

evidence comes from its presence on closely related species. it's how paleontologists extrapolate details about dinos all the time.

>implying i believe feathers are 100%
>asking for certainty from a field dependent on rocks

and yet T-rex only has scale prints discovered as well as its close relative Tarbosaurus

>pop sci says T. rex had feathers
>yes yes this so much
>pop sci says T. rex didn’t have feathers
Haha pop sci am I right what a bunch of idiots

>dude T. rex has feathers
>proof?
>lol proof you want proof!? You expect me to have proof?!

>asking for certainty from a field dependent on rocks
Oh great, a complete and total fucking moron. You can learn an immense amount of things from rocks.

But lol “just rocks” amirite or amirite guise

>peer-reviewed

>dinosaurs aren't scary with fe-

Are you implying that I'm some sort of retard that puts faith in ANY pop sci establishment?

Hes kind of cute actually.

>this scares the numale

I would keep this niggas as my pet and make him my personal guard cock. I'd also take him hunting for small game with me. Shit would be so cash.

>WE WUZ

Where's the peer reviewed study then user

Faggot cuck nigger Jew, making other people do the fucking work for you.

I bet you like Soy Wars: The Last White Male

This is why I love atheists. They have more faith than anyone else in the world. They can actually with a straight face show you how a T-Rex turned into a chicken.

Oh no, I don't actually have an opinion either way, I'm just a faggot who likes being difficult and making fun of people who use pop science websites.
Also I did like the Rey parts of The Last Jedi, but that stern chase was absolutely awful and kind of ruined the rest of the movie for me.

As opposed to making shit up they find evidence. Isn't it grand science isn't in the hands of sophists and liars anymore?

It always wondered
How the fuck did all these obscure ass predators like even dinosaurs went extinct despite being nearly perfect hunters and yet some sheeps, goats or even humans have survived for so long?
i have no knowledge about any of this this so feel free to call me a brainlet but i would really like to know

>he liked the boring Mary Sue being better than Luke in every way and serving only to shame Skywalker for existing between the films

You're still a cuck nigger faggot and you should go pull up a peer reviewed discussion on prehistoric feathers while I fuck your waifu on your bed

>fuck my waifu on my bed
Didn't know you were also a faggot, user. Welp, do late now. Better get to plowing.

BAN THIS GUY

why

scalefags eternally btfo

Memes are trully taken into a level of transcendence

That's some final fantasy shit.

Because you are so stupid that you could never possibly have anything to offer to this board or any other board for that matter. But not only that, I can tell you’re also the kind of person who makes long posts about pseudo intellectual nonsense.

Banning you would make Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums as a whole a better place.

>He thinks hes an intellectual elite for browsing Veeky Forums

This board would be better if pseudo intellectuals like yourself left

ok
answer my question and you will never see me on this board ever again

>>He thinks hes an intellectual elite for browsing Veeky Forums
Never said that sweety

>I go on Veeky Forums because it's edgy and cool now and I shit on other people's interests because I have a micro-penis.

Evidence that T-Rex had feathers?

Are you serious?

There is no proof they were 100% scaly neither.
Both pictures are artistic representations, we don't know how they looked like, they could have been multicoloured as well.
The second picture makes sense tgough since the only 100% scaly animals nowadays are crawling or marine, while the only bipedals (except mammals) have feathers.

it was certainly implied son

I bet you got pissed when Bush decommissioned the space shuttles.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAGGATOP MOST OF KEEEEEEEKSSSSSSSSS

Nope

Nah, we should just invest into making space elevators bruh

fucking feather shills

Mini Chocobo's are pretty cute.

It's the same thing, but with feathers. Literally what is rustling people about an already cool dinosaur having a bonus feature? Shit probably keeps it nice and warm for fucking shit up in the winter.

In recent times, very large mammals that live closer to the equator tend to be hairless (elephants, rhinos, hippos), while large mammals living closer to the poles (including close relatives of the former) have fur.

I would assume it'd be the same for the dinosaurs.

>absolute certainty
>absolute certainty
>absolute certainty
>absolute certainty
>absolute certainty
no shit we can learn a lot from rocks but a lot of it is very well-supported conjecture

idiot that can't read is you

>>lol proof you want proof!? You expect me to have proof?!

>evidence comes from its presence on closely related species

another fucking idiot that don't understand science

Paleontology student here.

Feathered T-Rex looked awesome, that model is not very realistic. They looked more like this pic. (A related species found in China with their actual feathers intact)

Fossilized feathers were already found, as well as the quills. This is no longer an issue of scientific debate. The consensus settled in 1998 - theropods had feathers.

Fossilized feathers.

Yutyrannus Huali found in China.

Fossilized quill knobs
V. Mongoliensis (Velociraptor)

Archeopteryx, with more bird-like, evolved feathers

V. Mongoliensis concept

If you think this is not scary, take a look at the claw and imagine him running at you at 70 km/h

save this pop-sci garbage for your friends on facebook

Can you soybean fanatics really not argue without strawmaning?

I have a more recent revision

Just how cute can it be? T-Rex-chan daisuki

That's fucking awesome, to be completely honest. The most feared killing machine ever to walk the earth might have been just a gigantic parakeet.