How do you mature Veeky Forums? I'm such a little immature bitch

how do you mature Veeky Forums? I'm such a little immature bitch

I'm over 22 but feel like I have the emotional capacity of a 12yo, maybe because I was HEAVILY addicted to online vidya from 13-19

all I care about is tfw nogf, wish I could go back to young years before I had responsibility... I hate rules and wish I could play my music from my phone at the gym without headpheons ect.

please advise

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Logo_Daedalus/status/837344710637289472
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

being immature is in right now. just hang around tumblr chicks and 18 yr olds

It's already over, you never had a chance.

twitter.com/Logo_Daedalus/status/837344710637289472

Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and "Models" by Mark Manson. These two books will help you socially.

Read "Emotional Intelligence" and "Mindset". These two books will help you with becoming more mature emotionally.

did you have similar problems and did you actually read them, did they actually help?

u heard dr goldberg user, thats not possible in todays times

be yourself and talk to people

Not op. I read the first 2 books. Helped a bit. I got the social thing down. But I'm still immature as fuck emotionally. Im a little bitch when it comes to stressful situations and either cry or get so angry and cry. I get violent. I try to suppress it most times. Also cry easy when it comes to peoples problems

>"How to Win Friends and Influence People
LMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAOOOOOOO MARK MANSO wrote How to Win Friends and Influence People

you gotta become a normie bro

leave Veeky Forums, go to reddit (not meming you, reddit is normies and heavily moderate for "fun"posts so your'll be forced to adjust)

listen to only popular music, drop your autistic instrumental shit

don't just do one thing for entertainment... watch a movie some nights, read a book another, play a game in between... mix it up!

stay true to your schedule and get enough sleep

anyway biggest thing are leaving Veeky Forums and joining a normie community, and dropping autistic entertainment... those will have a big impact

gl bro

OP, listen to this guy otherwise you'll end up like me, an 28 year old emotionally fragile waste of oxygen.

That's funny, I could have written this post because that sums up exactly what I did a few years ago.

Game are a total complete waste of time, drop them entirely. With movies, music, books, any other low quality passive hobbies, you can at least discuss them with people sometimes. No one wants to hear about the game you played last night.
Also stop or at least reduce drastically anything you would be ashamed of telling a random stranger. Anime, kpop, Veeky Forums, fuck if I know what kind of degenerate shit you're into. If you can't tell someone about it when asked "what did you do yesterday" then it's worthless.

Also the good thing about reddit isn't that it's "normie", it's that quality content is valued there. That means you can browse it for 15 minutes and you will probably have learned something. On Veeky Forums everyone is being contradictory for the sake of it and shitposting meta ironically. It's fun and entertaining but it doesn't build you as a person. And no one acts like that in the real world.

Also the last guy didn't touch on this but get respectable hobbies that get you out of your place.
Yeah I know group activities are never the most efficient way to do things and they're more expensive and other people are not as reliable etc. Doesn't matter. Forget this loner genius mentality that's celebrated here. You need to get out of your comfort zone and meet other people to really become an adult.

Mhmm! I read them in tenth grade. I was kind of a sperg for the rest of high school but got much better. The thing is that the reads make you more self-aware and how to be better at dealing with people and, more importantly, yourself. HTWFAIP will help especially. It teaches you to try and invest in other people and be more caring.

You mature by actually setting goals or a plan for your life and following through with it. Taking responsibility is key.

You also mature by exposing yourself to different environments.

this, also do not have any profound interest in one thing. normies are mediocre at everything, so you have to dabble until you know nothing about everything instead of knowing everything about nothing

just remember she's waiting for you

Reading self help is like taking advice from Veeky Forums. You won't get anything out of it.

There's only one way and that's by going outside even if it's painful. You won't grow if you keep asking for advice and reading.

You can't make gains solely by watching YouTube videos on fitness.

That's a severe development disability. Seek help from a therapist. I'm not memeing you need professional help.

Reddit is still to autistic to be considered normie.

You need real normie shit like Twitter and Instagram.

this

nah shitposting on twitter is easier than Veeky Forums
instagram will just make him depress once he realizes nobody likes his photos

just get a job dude and go to the gym dude

you'll be forced to do things with people

>listen to only popular music

Normies don't give a shit about what music you listen to. I've never had music conversation with a normie that advanced beyond ''I love [insert song/musician]!''

honestly normies don't care about what you like art wise.
just act cool and they don't give a fuck

meditate

1) settle down: find a good place, close eyes and breathe until breath slows
2) set mantra's goal: focus on mantra for as long as possible. notice if wandering then return focus
3) mantra: breathe in " ham" with belly, breathe out "sa" regularaly. altogether "ham-sa"

if you have trouble focusing, know that focus creates the wandering, as proof by no wandering exist if no focus exist, so focus on something to dismiss wandering

focusing or meditating is nothing but placing your mind on something for as long as you possibly can. notice if mind wandering or moving away from that something, then remember the something that is your focus.... only focusing on something can increase your ability of focus

focusing is an ability that is lost without practice... focusing/meditation.

this is how you become mature

just stfu, you're a fucking idiot

fuck all that hobby dumb fuck shit, and finding hobbies "to talk to people" lmao, what this guy says is correct.

just get a fucking job, meditate, go to school

you'll be wifed up on a boat in key west in about 6 years if you meditate, finish school and leave the shitty job after school.

fuck college also, if you dont have money for that shit go to a technical school, that'll get you started on smashing up some pussy at your own place in 6months to a year

get a job with that and then go to college, in 6 years you'll be a boss ass bitch

Normie socialization revolves around anecdotes. No one cares about what autistic hobby you have or what your favourite band is unless you have a funny story to tell about it.

holy fuck this senpai. I'm not interesting at all, but my presentation is great when talking about things, its like a job interview (sorry neets) its not about how many cool things you do, but how cool you make those things sound.

just like how being a guy who's "made it" its not about being the most muscle built fag whos 6'800" and chiseled like chad, because you'd already know if you were those things, you're not, so its about making the things you do have sound more impressive and interesting than they are, look at someone like zyzz (i know meme) but his body isnt as good as others like jeff or hell even scooby to some extent (again i know meme) but he made the other parts of him "interesting" (subjective but still better than nothing).

I play dnd, most people think thats a stupid hobby, but because im also a business student and not a sperg, i can weave that piece of information into an interesting patch about myself as an outlet to both sort of "game" and hang out. I explain its more like puzzle solving and dnd is just the vehicle to achieve that, also its with other people in real life so its social credit you're not a sperg.

who are the authors to the second two books?

I've read "how to win friends and influence people" and i'm still a virgin with no real friends if you want to know

reading books helps, but in the end you have to be forced to change or have a mindset strong enough to influence change.

a lot of people these days don't have to change, so they don't. you're in your situation because of who YOU ARE. YOU run your life. don't let life run you.

you're looking for more than this, but the change comes within you. don't make excuses, don't complain, just change or accept you're going to be an immature bitch until you have to change. it's that simple.

There's clearly an underlying issue you're not addressing

Sound like you need to sort yourself out user

Dale Carnegie and Mark Manson

Face real adversity and survive.

Maybe hang around with older people who are into/open about your interests and the shit we talk about here. I'm 24 and only think of my 35+ year old coworkers as friends, other than that I have gym and church acquaintances.

Veeky Forums is valuable in that it helps you unwind if you're too uptight. I avoided it all last year, was stuck in an emotional bullshit obsession about weight loss and not trusting myself to be independent. I got on here, found some great words of encouragement that changed my outlook and now I'm outgoing and speak my mind. I don't cry when girls are mean to me because I have no doubt I'm better than them. I don't have to go hungry anymore out of fear people will judge me if my BMI hits 18.5. My health is what matters.

I stand by Veeky Forums in small doses. You'll find a woman. Get out of the house and talk to people

I was in your shoes for a while. Though I'm still 22 about to become 23. And though I'm still working on it, I've become much more fit and self dependent than I was several months ago. I look at all my friends and family, and notice how lazy and loser like they are. So I told myself I won't become like them. I will become stronger, better, and more aesthetic than them. The thought of having a body and a job that will make all my liberal friends and family cry in jealousy makes me lift. This is my revenge upon them. And the best part is... it's working.

>leaving Veeky Forums

It saddens me to think that someone out there may have taken your shitty advice

i need help. theres a 5/10 i know wants my dick, but theres also a 9/10 who might want my dick. what do? 18 y/o in high school

what are you some kind of gay retard?

not a gay one why

Truth hurts, doesn't it?