What are some good exercises to develop lower back?

What are some good exercises to develop lower back?

Other urls found in this thread:

gymbull.com/posts/636
youtube.com/watch?v=xSl0cSGAm1g
stronglifts.com/strength-training-key-to-building-muscle-losing-fat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deadlifts

Cannot deadlift due to a lower back injury

your lats are the issue here mate

what are you doing for them?

Weighted back extensions

Don't use a machine though

This.
Until you can do +30kg weighted pull ups for 8 reps you will never have big back. But once you get there, the world is yours. So work hard and you can have whatever it is that you want. Thank you guys for your time.

Wide grip pull-ups and pull-downs. Typically do 3x20 pull-ups and then 3x8 heavy pull-downs for lats.

thomas pls

>3x20 pull-ups

add weight, finish with negatives after failure.

are you doing pull-ups the right way or are you pulling yourself up and forward? i see a lot of retards in my gym who can't seem to pull themselves straight up and through. full/proper rom should have your grip in line and almost level with your shoulders.

Deadlifts
Yates Rows
Weighted Back Extensions

I do slow and controlled reps while focusing on using as much lat as possible while minimizing use of bis/forearms. Fairly certain I am doing them correctly.

Latest Back day work of from MF:

gymbull.com/posts/636

Why tf do they keep posting sideways

deadlifts
good mornings

>Yates Rows

you need to be strong as fuck to do these properly, but yeah i did them for awhile and felt they were pretty good. need straps though.

any kind of chest supported row is good too, and if the machine is adjustable, make sure you're pulling low--i see a lot of people at my gym adjusting the chest supported row so that they're basically doing a rear delt row.

yeah this looks good. add weight though.

i did kroc rows for awhile too but this was mostly bb rows/yates rows/weighted pull-ups.

actually on second thought my grip is definitely a lot narrower than what you're using here, maybe bring your hands in a bit, should be able to get a better range of motion.

The wider the grip the more I can isolate my lats. Conversely, a narrower grip makes it harder to activate my lats.

tbqh i don't think you can fully contract your lats if your grip is extremely wide

Allow me to rephrase: To an extent, the wider the grip the more I can isolate my lats. I don't go wider than in the picture.

>wide grip

You know how the lat works right? You know you have maximum ROM and thus activation at shoulder width?
You know that because you grip wide you won't magically get a wide back from it too?

>gripping wide isolates the lat

This is why BB are looked down on so much. Do you not educate yourself at all before you workout?

yea i dunno, still looks super wide.

my grip is like here (highlighted in red). imo hang 50lbs from your waist and give a narrower grip a try for one set.

Noted, thank you.

didn't u lose muscles mate

i've been away years last i read you had your bicep tear or some shit (and that was also one time check of the board)

youtube.com/watch?v=xSl0cSGAm1g

the king shit for back

Lower back is like every other muscle and you develop it by getting stronger and lifting bigger weights. How can you lift bigger weights? With heavy compound sets. The stronger you are the more muscle you will have.

Learn more here:
stronglifts.com/strength-training-key-to-building-muscle-losing-fat/