>tfw some dyel looking guy comes into gym today
>sets up a 3 plate bench press
>think to myself this guy's going to hurt himself bad
>guy does 6 reps explosively with good form
>u wot m8
>guy adds a 35 on each side making it 385 lb bench
>guy does 8 reps with good form
>wtf.jpg

How was it possible for someone who is about the same height as me 5'10" and couldn't weigh anymore than 140lbs lift that much weight Veeky Forums? I'm 185lbs and way more muscular than this guy and he makes my lifts look baby tier

If you saw this guy you'd think he could barely bench 90lbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l84vmuuuHRg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IDK man? I saw some 155lb dude doing a 3pl8 front squat and was really impressed by it.

Probably is a powerlifter, they look dyel but are strong as fuck for their size

He's probably been lifting for 5+ years, and maybe has an athletic background.
Once you get really strong and efficient at moving weights you don't necessarily need to retain size to retain the strength. My brother has been lifting for years and you'd never guess he can pull 3x bodyweight just by looking at him, he looks small in clothes.

there are juvenile chimpanzees and shit that could bench that and they're like less than half your size

5'10" 185 should be benching at least 3 plate

This is my goal. I want to be the 150 lb guy lifting more than 90% of people in the gym

Maybe not 3 plate but he should be benching 250 at that size

This. A lot of power lifters at my gym look dyel but put up some serious numbers

>5'10"
>185lbs

be honest, are you a fat fuck?

Yeah man he probably is , I thought fuck I'm gonna have to help this guy when he crushes himself

Who cares how much you bench? It's all about the aesthetics.

I'd rather look like I lift and bench less, than look like a dyel and bench more.

What are the essentials for hypertrophy? I havent been told much beyond high reps.

8 reps with 385 at that weight would be almost world class, I think
You're either bullshitting or terrible at estimating bodyweight

I rather look like a lift and actually be able to do it.
the little guy is probably not even that small, is only small because he chooses too for a weightclass, and doesn't work on biceps, calves and shit like that.

He probably weighs a lot more than you think. Was he in a hoodie? Baggy t shirt? I often wear a baggy band t shirt to the gym and I bench 120kg 5x5 perfect form. Then again I do look like I lift even in a baggy t shirt.

The guy must have looked muscular if he benched the amount you say. That what 170KG for 8 reps. That's a fuck load of weight. If he weighs what u say which is c. 70kg then he's doing over 2x bodyweight bench.

That would make him one of the best lifters for his size in the world.

lol what alternate universe do some of the people live in on here when they think the average casual lifter/gym bro should be benching 140kg for working reps when they weight 180lbs.

The amount of bullshit on here is intense

Id rather be as small as possible relative to the amount of weight I can move functionally. I weigh 70kg and can bench 120 5x5. That means I'm quick and have explosive power. Good for fighting.

This. He'd be doing a 2.5x BW bench for 8 reps.

I.e. One of the best in the world.

And also there's no way you can lift 170kg for 8 reps whilst not looking muscular. Even if he does no isolation he'll still look muscular.

I know because I do 120kg little isolation and still look like I lift. And I'm strong relative to the amount of mass I have.

No I'm not fat

He probably cheated to lift more than he actually can, I do that sometimes as a joke.

185lbs at 5'10" is jacked as fuck

How? You never mentioned bf%

Depends on bodyfat doesn't it you spaccer

Maybe hes heavier than he looks? People always think I weigh 40lbs less than I actually do so they get all shocked when I rep my 365lb squats

average person's assumption of weight is entirely based on upper body, they are complete retards who think everyone has stick feeble legs

you can gain strength without gaining weight if you don't eat at a surplus.......

>you can gain strength without eating at a surplus

not past the first year without roids

lol yeah to an extent. You cannot however bench 170kg for 8 reps without having a significant amount of muscle. It's physically not possible.

fat "power" lifters getting triggered by the fact that you dont have to be fat

That's kind of my long term goal. I want to be deceptively weak-looking but really strong.

in automotive racing they call this a "sleeper"

Its not really possible unless youre maybe really lanky and stretched out. Eventually your arms become 17+ inches and your back becomes a turtle shell.

I never lifted for hypertrophy and got bigger than i wanted to plifting.

Yeah, "goal" was probably the wrong word, more of a wish. I won't complain if I get really muscular.

Can you please post me a link to a YouTube video of someone benching 170kg for 8 reps or more who is lean and not on steroids.

Cheers

I was fat as fuck at that weight, mostly because I had 0 muscle

I think you are. I'm 5'10, 145lb at 8% BF and 3pl8 isn't difficult for me.

You must be on quite a significant amount of gear then.

The latter. People are terrible at estimating weight beyond height. OP's post leads me to believe he was only taking into account height in this person's build. Didn't account for shoulder width, rib cage width, etc. Height is normally associated with these factors being larger as well, but not in every case. Therefore this leads me to believe this man had an abnormal bone/musculature structure for his height.

youtu.be/l84vmuuuHRg

154 lb man benching 410 raw. Is pretty damn impressive.

cool story user, keep lifting

Fuxking unreal

literally no legs that's why he weights so little
his chest is 40% of his bw

Back to /fraud/, you have body dismorphia and should be in your containment thread

His chest is disproportionate to everything else. Doesn't even have big forearms. Bench bro.

Still impressive tho

Former world class miler Joe Falcon used to hustle freshman football players at Arkansas by betting them he could match them rep for rep at any weight under 300 on the bench. The older runners would play along as a way of hazing the freshmen and egg them on to take the bet. Falcon, as a pro level miler, was pretty thin as you might imagine.

>under 300

weakling

Probably has low bodyfat.
I'm rolling around at 9% bf, look small as fuck, AND I wear bigger clothes because I'm constantly cold with this low bodyfat.
Basically
>5'10'', 145 8%
>You must be on quite a significant amount of gear then.

You aren't very smart are you?

Was it this guy?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

what the fuck thats insane

>auschwitz mode claiming world-class level bench benching over 3plate
only on Veeky Forums

Hilarious isn't it. Turns out that fit is home to hundreds of people who are world class power lifters but instead of competing chose to spend their time slagging people off on a Korean carp farming forum

Keks ahoy lol you Mirin? Yeah u fuckin Mirin brah, mire deez big arms breh mire me softly breh mire my strength bruh

we'd have so many more world records if all these NATURAL hobbyist powerlifters would start juicing and competing

just imagine this 145lbs guy who benches 3pl EASY hopping on test and popping some halotestin while actually training and not just shitposting here, he'd bench 445lbs in no time! his bf% would also drop to IFBB competition-tier close to 5%

Fuck this board

I saw the biggest dude in my gym repping 90kg for 6 reps

And this guy is 6'2 and muscular as fuck

Honestly i think fit is full of shit, probably all of you are plateuing at 135lb

>i think fit is full of shit

what gave you that impression?

/r/ing pic of 6'2" e-statter with an asian gf who is also a squat rack

?

It's truly sad that the international weightlifting community is forced to exist without access to these elite genetic specimens that who are just too busy shit posting to compete.

A lot of big guys on juice don't actually lift heavy weights. Just high reps. It is achievable to bench heavy at a low bodyweight it's just not something not a lot of people do. Although the sort of "I do 3 plate for reps at 140lbs Bodyweight" boasts on here is bullshit.

I'm 70kg and I can bench 120kg 5x5. That's taken me 3 years of training and a cycle of test e and anavar to get to.

Anyone benching 2x bodyweight is either on gear or a genetic freak like mike Tyson. Or has been working out solidly for 6 years at least and has great genetics

This

385 x 8 is incredibly strong, even for someone well into the 200s with years of training.

You probably poorly estimated his weight and miscounted the plates and reps

Or made the whole thing up

>lifting for 7 weeks
>bench lmao2pl8 14 times
>celltech isn't a meme
Go be natty somewhere else.