What is the best martial arts to complement lifting?

What is the best martial arts to complement lifting?

muay thai baby

conceal carry

Guns is no martial art you dummy.

Judo for that core work and flexibility.

this
muay thai is the fucking squatz of martial arts

Muy Tie/Kickboxing
Boxing
Judo
Freestyle/Greco-Roman Wrasslin'

simplicity? wrestling is the most effective because most people can only (barely) throw punches. knowing how to wrestle, getting in a street fight, and taking him down will be the easiest thing in the world

boxing is a close second.

all the others rely on you doing some overly dramatic punch/kick that could put you at risk if you fuck it up. boxing will teach you how to effectively knock someone out while putting yourself at minimal risk. wrestling will put you at minimal risk while being able to disable someone.

you choose.

This has always made the most sense to me.
You've got striking covered and you've got ground work covered, because every fight ends up on the ground eventually.

Boxing I would like to learn but is there another ground/grapple style I could learn instead of wrestling? Judo or something?

this one is a fucking retard

>wrestling on the streets
k

Just gonna pull out your katana right?

you're a moron. wrestling on the streets is the most effective way. 1 on 1 at least. most people don't go to the ground because they have 'honor' and believe that they must throw hands with someone or they'll look like a pussy.

i'd rather take someone to the ground, choke them out, and end the fight in

>1v1
>streets
confirmed for someone who has never been in a street fight
but yeah, OP, totally listen to the guy, who literally wants to linger around on the pavement in a fight

You are kind of going about that wrong user. Would you also ask:

>What is the best martial arts to complement Running

>What is the best martial arts to complement crossfit

>What is the best martial arts to complement Swimming

>What is the best martial arts to complement Football

A better question is the reverse:

>What kind of suplimentarty fitness and excercise to compliment the martial art i have chosen.

And first, ask yourself why you want to choose a paticular martial art. What do you want it for user? I take it you have no experince?

Go to a mma gym

if you're not in a 1v1 situation you should run.

you act like you're a badass who has been in tons of fights. i've been in numerous street fights and now that i'm older i'd never fight again unless i absolutely had to. fighting is barbaric and a good way to get your life ended by someone else who has nothing to lose.

but go ahead and believe that your muay thai or spinning back kick or anything that you do will protect you against numerous people. you can't defend effectively against numerous people. this isn't a movie, you will get some random retard to grab you from behind, take you down, then smash your fucking head in.

You should also include Judo in there as well. It does not have the "first punch my face" thing you mentioned, it works and if you do it with the wrestling will give you and advantage of being able to throw, pin and choke people who are wearing jumpers and jackets. Don't underestimate how the things you wear really can be used as a weopen against you.

>People say wanna step up
>get into a shit boxing stance
>when you so much as throw a low kick, let alone any superior grappling
>"HEY HEY! THIS IS GONNA BE A STREET FIGHT ONLY!?"

Every time. Mfw.

>get held up at knife point
>wrestle him to the ground
>he stabs you while on the ground

Well placed my friend.

Grappling benefits the most from being strong, so wrestling, judo, bjj etc.

Wow dude, just wow.

>this isn't a movie
>so you should start wrestling on the streets
are you fucking retarded?

>get into a shitty boxing stance
>he stabs you while You stand
>"HEY MAN THIS IS GONNA BE A STREET FIGHT ONLY"

Stop fucking around with knives user.

Got news for you buddies. You are 95% going to the ground in the fight wether you like it or not. OF COURSE you don't want to be there, even if you do grapple, but you better know what the fuck you ARE doing on the ground because if you don't a shitty nu BJJ white belt is gonna mount you and cave your face in because you both clinched and ended up there by accident LIKE MOST FIGHTS.

you are still talking about 1v1 fighting on the fucking streets. Please do cite the source which tells you that 95% of the fights end up on the ground and it is 1v1 (so grappling is actually relevant)

oh my god, don't listen to these wrestling/judo retards here

been in few fights and seen many other and ending on ground for all people is rare and really isn't your main target. most of fights are ended by k.o., not by choking on the ground.

when you are on the ground you can be sure some other asshole will come and jump on your head while you are practicing your black belt kamasutra down there

you don't fucking want this and often you don't even have enough space for doing this (in the bar etc., for throwing punches you need minimum space, kicking or grappling is not always applicable)
also
>if he wears jacket you can use your deadly homojudo skills
great tactic indeed

correct answer is box, you can solve one asshole in few seconds and focus on other potential asshole

>to complement lifting
Stopped reading there, just like every other retard ITT. Assuming you want the cardio, almost anything. Muay Thai, boxing, judo, wrestling, bjj, whatever, will likely have enough conditioning and drills to get your cardio to the next level. Fighting is really exhausting. Only ever been in a single street fight, it was 6 months after I started lifting and running, and I was drinking a lot of cranberry juice before hand, he kept complaining about being "gassed" and I felt I could go till one of us was dead. Training and competition are where it's at, if you want to survive, run, have a weapon, or have twice as many people on your side.

>if he wears jacket you can use your deadly homojudo skills
>great tactic indeed

This is a Correct statement though. Are you retarded? I forget you boxing only fags feel safe in the clinch, because that is where you rest, meanwhile a Judoka will chuck you on your head without having to go to the ground himself.

Confirmed for only doing boxing and having zero clue about what Judo involves. Judo is not "just ground fighting"

>i got into a fight with some un fit nobody 6 months ago so i should tell these other anons that martial arts are no good.
>hey! Maybe i should enter their full contact competitions!

>Judo is not "just ground fighting"
yeah, the other half is being gay in the changing room, what a treat lol

Do you fucks gotta ask this question everyday?

Oh wow an user from FUCKING Veeky Forums calling other anons gay. Top kek user.

I actually think boxing is top tier when included with other things, but clearly some white belt has really upset you with those scary throws someway down the road if you cant see that Judo is up there with boxing, muay thai, BJJ and wrestling too.

>do you fucks gotta consult Veeky Forums, the internet, magazines, trainers and pros about lifting and gains everyday? Seriously, we know everything there is to know, how do you keep publishing new magazines everymonth lol

yeah, because there are thousands of judo heroes out there beating the thugs of the world

muay thai is literally the best marital art in existance

all stupid niggas see is kicking and punching, but truth is, if you go to a proper muay thai gym, you'll learn elbows, knees and most of all, clinching and balance.

Any self respecting MMA fighter probably has at least some background in Judo or BJJ. It's full of extremely practical skills. It's not all throwing people around and looking cool.

To answer your question OP. to COMPLIMENT lifting I'd say JJ, the traditional atleast, having high bodyweight and strength really helps out.

t. kickboxer/mt/bjj nerd

ARE YOU FUCKING MAD user?

>because there are so many boxing heroes
>because there are so many wrestle heroes
>because there are so many kick boxing heroes
>because there are so many BJJ heroes
>because there are so many heroes that took the time to learn how to fight when most anons out there cant throw a fucking punch but think their PB in the gym will fucking save them

You are just sounding dumber and dumber user.

>user Does BJJ
>tells other user to traditional ju-jitsu instead

>tfw lifting in a gym where I can train MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ and Luta Livre

statement is correct but it is retarded to relay upon this
you can punch no matter what he wears

I train both you dip

It's just that gracie is made so you don't require physical strength.

But this appliesto every singular martial art user
>i know boxing
>i will out tech him
>beautifuly bobs and weaves
>but oh no
>i had no idea he kick boxed
>i just ate a shin kick
>my masterful bob and weave so perfect for the sport if just boxing just got me btfo

Nothing is perfect user. You know what training really taught me? Instead of making me feel "super confident i could probably fight a bear irl desu"?

Expect nothing. Underestimate no one. Its the thing you didn't know about yet that beat you.

This is the very definition of irony. Kys

You could be the most autistic person I've ever seen on Veeky Forums. Send a vid in to Dr. Phil and become the next viral sensation

yeah, because fucking Veeky Forums doesn't have physical strength

Boxing is a sport. Boxing techniques and strategies would not be ideal because they assume your hands will be much larger than normal and protected by those large padded gloves.

are you fucking serious

He has a valid point user. Whilst you will still be able to box to what ever level you are at, the lack of sizeable gloves changes the way you defend yourself. You also have to factor in that you are not only are you no longer wearing gloves no longer wearing handwraps so you better take care of your hands.

It will change your game, but you can still box. Your suprise is as genuine as the suprise of Judoka when they are told "but your shit wont work if im not wearing a winter coat."

>ctrl-F
>No results for taekwondo
I'm disappointed lads

Why would anyone post about Taekwondo here?
This is a martial arts thread.

And once you're on the ground, you are 95% gonna get stomped in the head by one of his buddies

The correct answer is concealed carry and/or parkour

Hey, as long as it works

>t. Never been in a fight

Have you seen how most people throw punches? Boxing works just fine.

>knock him out with one punch

stance is for going back and forth/ dodging other punches/ not losing balance.
any boxer after a few years can KO skinny knife fag

BJJ is a well-respected martial art, and is another form of grappling. Focuses heavily on groundwork.

Think about it logically. Muay Thai (or muay borang if you want to kill people) or boxing should be priority because people have to get close to you to take you down. THEN wrestling or judo... If it's backwards you're just asking for your teeth to get kicked out.

OMFG Dakota Fanning is hot now.

been in lots of fights when I was younger and not once ended up on the ground except for when I got stomped on

Never been in a 1v1 fight

Never been in a fair fight

Never had an opportunity to run away

Stop dreaming, kid. Boxing is will teach you footwork, how to KO someone fast, and give you the ability to create distance with proper timing which allows you to escape or at least dodge incoming attacks

I'm a bouncer now and also took a lot of Judo after training in MT and boxing. 1000x better than BJJ or wrestling

Anyone that goes to the ground willingly is a retard

A propper judoka can do all judo trows no matter what the other guy is wearing.