So what is it with you guys being so toxic??

So what is it with you guys being so toxic??

Reading all these replies is really bad for mental health. Why are you all so angry + the need for all the nasty negative comments.

Can someone give me a reason for this

fun fact how ppl act on Veeky Forums is how majority of ppl on earth act in their mind but never say it out loud.
humans live off gossip and talking bad about people.

people writing those sort of things just do it so they can forget about their own problems

Its really quite hard to read some of these comments..

Gotta be some sad people out there man

also to clarify
look at the american election. before it nobody really hated donald trump or hillary clinton
now both of them are war criminals and le evilest ppl on earth

Harden the fuck up. You should be thankful for the undistilled honesty here. Not dismissing it, fagboy.

Such a toxic board, these people need some serious mental help

>Harden up

What are you talking about, its not honesty its just pure verbal vomit.

I can sense you're living with some insecurities bro but nahh youre so hard hey bud ;)

I took the bait.

Losers from /pol9k/ who came for New Year's and haven't quite given up yet and gone back to being ugly weak fatties while blaming black people and jews for why they're permavirgins.

anonymous image boards are the most pure form of human communication, anger and being mean to people is just part of being a human

if you can't handle it that means you can't take the purity, and you need to go back to your safe space of irl communication or twitter

Why do you think its a matter of "handling it" I can handle it perfectly. The fact is, normal adults don't act like this and it seems you're all just petty children "being HARD AND HONEST YERR"

What you said pretty much just confirms you actually cant handle the real world so you have to shit post anonymously on a board.

>most pure form on human communication

Captain autismo alert

I'm gonna sound like a bitter oldfag here, but newfags come in and ruin the board. THe people who used to give advice slowly left because they got worn down by a bunch of assholes. Now the assholes have stayed, so we have a lot of toxicfags plus not enough proper advice to go around. Remember Trappy? People didn't like her because she referred to herself as "she". She also legitimately didn't give a fuck if people called her a guy, but she got witch hunted.
You know Cheekie? She sticks around since she can handle the bantz, but the angry neckbeards who abuse her, well, you can guarantee they aren't lifting heavy things. Remember Scooby? He gave out awesome fkn advice, but because he was gay, newfucks persecuted him because they got away with it. Remember the 70's big threads? They were a place to discuss getting big and juicey and pretty much reach the goal body for most people. Since they were originally called "husbando" threads (cute name, but retarded) they got reported, and an autistic mod had what he needed to constantly delete them on the basis of a fkn name.

THe issue with Veeky Forums is that people stopped posting timestamped progress pics. Slowly got to the point where the actual lifters had as much pull in threads as guys who had been lifting for 3 weeks. And if you're a seasoned lifter constantly getting shouted down for sharing by some newfag who refuses to post pics, well, you get exhausted. You eventually get sick of it and leave. The outcome of that is the clusterfuck that is Veeky Forums over the last few months. People who have no real understanding of the subject of getting fkn huge giving shitty advice.

>They're even in this thread
>People trying to somehow bring politics into this
>I blame /pol/

>I can handle it perfectly
You very obviously cannot handle the purity

>The fact is, normal adults don't act like this
I think people definitely do act like this with their very close friends who they can say anything they want to, and as another user said, everyone thinks like this in their mind

>you actually cant handle the real world
that's completely true

But the point still stands, anonymity gives more pure communication

post your progress pics

Pasta?

No, most people on Earth can express their opinions and dislikes without resorting to just screaming out bullshit like a lot of Veeky Forums does. Being anonymous doesn't excuse you from common sense; and on a board dedicated to health and fitness, common sense is more important than being toxic.

The American election isn't relevant at all here.

This isn't the army. Retards shouting at you because they like lowbar over highbar is stupid. Retards shouting at you because they like lowbar over highbar, then explaining exactly why they think that way, however, is not. But you can bet your ass the former is happening a lot more.

Honesty is nice, but angry ranting isn't the same.

Kek, Veeky Forums is fine if you avoid the cesspools. THe issue is the cesspools are growing. Veeky Forums used to be so incredibly supportive. Still is at times.

Holy fucking kek yes, but it wasn't this New Years; it's every NYE. At the end of 2015 it was really bad to; so many stupid posts about stuff that really has no bearing on fitness at all. I wish they'd keep those discussions in their own boards.

I don't have any; never took pics when I was a fatass, and my current body isn't all that impressive. My goal is literally "not be fat" and "be able to run far". But then, I only really give advice when the topic is running or jogging. I don't really think I'm qualified to talk about the nuances of bodybuilding, considering I look shit.

The issue I'm getting at is the guys who did SL for a few weeks and now feel qualified to comment on everything. The "brosplits r bad" thing comes from them; despite the fact that splits can work for a lot of people.

Anyway, I'm ranting a bit here, but my beef is that a lot of newer lifters on this board don't check their ego and accept they're beginners.

Nope. Wrote all that up myself while waiting for my toast to cook.

Usually in life people are held accountable for the things they say, so most people check themselves because (quite rightly) it's NOT ok to call someone a fag or a cuck just because their brand of 'man' isn't aligned with yours.
Here, we're given something quite unnatural- complete anonymity. I say this is unnatural because as social animals who've evolved based on our cooperative abilities, hiding behind anonymity is a new thing. And a powerful thing. It's fucking crazy, I see on CBT threads some amazing bodies which people have worked so hard to get, then all the comments made on them are pure poison. Then if you try and give them some encouragement, people accuse the poor poster of samefagging! Shame really. I wouldn't come here at all if the comedy wasn't so daaaaamned deliciously salty....
inb4 >fag
Of course I am, I posted didn't I?

>My goal is literally "not be fat" and "be able to run far"
pathetic

so you're a newfag pretending to be an oldfag
okay then pal!

>He doesn't have the same goals as me
>Must be pathetic

Kek. I have other life goals I'm working towards. I'm OK with where I am right now.

Nope. Been generally lurking for the last 2 and a half years. Or 3. I don't fucking know anymore. Shit's hilarious though.

Anyway, people giving shit advice is a problem here. That's not really a radical idea mate.

you're the newfag here

scooby gives shit advice and is a roiding lying old faggot

70sbig is babby's first lifting advice tier, i've never seen anything as asinine as Justin's advice to lower volume to 3x5 on Texas Method volume day if stalling occurs or his article on long workouts being detrimental

Trappychan was an actual man pretending to be his ex gf on the internet as a tranny, should probably be shot in the head with a captive bolt gun like cattle are

This is the fitness section of an originally anime website with anonymous posters that also happens to contain the bottom of humanity like /pol/ or /b/.
How is that hard to understand.

Scooby's advice is fine for beginners. He's a decent touchstone for people who are just starting out and don't know what the fuck they're doing. Listening to Scooby is about a trillion times better than watching somebody like Mike Chang.

70's big was pretty poorly executed, yeah, but they never really got a chance to develop. THey kept getting deleted because people fed the trolls.

Trappy was weird, yes, but he/she/it was willing to spoonfeed newfags extracts of the sticky. THat's not really a bad thing. As for who Trappy was, I don't really care; I never really bothered to get into that shit. We're anonymous for a reason.

>we're anonymous for a reason

except the guy was a tripfag, he wanted an identity and he got it

>toxic
please stop using this word

to answer your question: this is Veeky Forums, it's a image forum with minimal moderation filled with bitter outcasts - talk shit; get hit

it baffles me that newfigs still try to cushion this place

if you're a learn-ed ass individual you'd know Clintons were always corrupt

not everything is centered around your dumbfuck school presidencies

Yeah, I have to concede to you there. Being a Tripfag and not taking it off outside of the relevant thread is a dick more. WHen he appeared in other threads, it could get mildly cringey.

if you're anti-pol you don't really belong on Veeky Forums tbqh

didn't read

If you wanted a hugbox, go to or >>>/reddit/

Get angry, get big. It's simple sure but the challenge is not letting anger overtake your other emotions. Mr. Miyagi said it is ok to lose to your opponent but never to fear and that can be applied to any of the other emotions we feel.

How about you stop samefagging then?

ITT:

leddit
Newfags
Women

>>>/tumblr/

>>My goal is literally "not be fat" and "be able to run far"
>pathetic
= hello, I am the problem with /fit

Fuck you mate

Nah people like you are the faggoted cancer, Veeky Forums is perf as is

Mr.miyagi was a cuck

what about being /leftypol/

>muh tripfags
>muh femanons
>quit bein so mean :(

Veeky Forums's degeneration is the same as with all other hobby boards

people come here for the ebin memes and SIR comics, not to actually work on their fitness goals

Oh man sorry there, didn't know /pol/ fags were such special snowflakes that they needed a safe space

Leftypol is a commie hugbox, therefore does not belong on this chan or any chan

Consider that your post is a good example of expressing yourself in an angry and toxic way. Was there any need to insult the person you responded to? I'll rephrase your post in a way that lacks the meanness and arrogance:

>I have no problem dealing with angry people without become one myself. I think most people outside of here can do it too. Expressing your feelings and thoughts purely without any filtering is not a thing to be proud of, imo.

To me at least this feels like just expressing an opinion without the feelings attached to it.

BrrrrrAaap?

its pretty much all /nazbol/ shitposting tbqhfam only 1/10 of the users know any theory

This isn't about being offended, nor is it about being unable to deal with the undistilled truth.
In fact more often than not Veeky Forums is about being bitter and offensive for the sake of it. Claiming this is brutal honesty is just an excuse for shitty behavior.
What this is about is, spending several hours a day on the internet spreading hate and negative judgement towards other people is just a really shitty way to live life.
I'm not a "SJW numale tumblr cuck", I started browsing Veeky Forums 10 years ago, I don't get offended by anything posted here, I think it's simply really stupid and more damaging to the people who behave like this than it is to the people they criticize.

45th post best post

fuck off

There are a large number of people on Veeky Forums who have serious mental disorders like severe depression, bipolar, borderline personality, agoraphobia...its like a buffet of DSM 5 (The Encyclopedia of Psychological issues).

Veeky Forums and message board communities also attract people on the autism scale because people don't have to worry about their facial expressions or body language when they talk to people on the internet.

So that explains the first issue: People who post on Veeky Forums are often mentally fucked up.

The other issue is that fitness is very much a numbers game and is not that hard to understand.
Lower the number of caloric intake, lower your weight. Work out a muscle group the correct way on a consistent basis, gain muscle.

People with autism and other mental issues love things that are black and white - fitness is very much 1's and 0's.

However, being fit doesn't bring happiness by itself. When people on here lose that 30 pounds and get back to a healthy weight or lift for a year and get in shape, they still have to work on their own mental issues and many just can't handle the fact that getting fit by itself will not fix their shitty lives.

Then they start making fun of everyone to feel better about themselves when in reality they are in mental agony.

nah fatties really are repulsive tho

But at least theres at least an equal amount of people who call out the wehraboos, leftypol is literally a circlejerk in which anyone who tries to point out the massive failures of communisms is called all the buzzwords under the sun and 'muh not real communism'. At least you can have a decent debate on /pol/; leftypol is just cancer.

This, I just hate hamplanets and fattimoons

post all you like, your efforts just make you look like an outsider and a goon

sounds legit, i mean look at the whole trappy fiasco. some guy pretending to be a tranny for years by posting pics of his exgf to give out fitness advice and get attention from men

also, as a mentally normal person, i only post here like once a week

i feel like that pic was written by a 16 year old

it don't matter
'tis heritage and still applies
moot was 14 when he made the site (inb4 le whoo xD)