Other urls found in this thread:

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-Consumer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

enjoy your kidney stone

Explain digits wizard

Best routine for swimming? Lifting routine

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-Consumer/
>Can calcium be harmful?
Getting too much calcium can cause constipation. It might also interfere with the body’s ability to absorb iron and zinc, but this effect is not well established. In adults, too much calcium (from dietary supplements but not food) might increase the risk of kidney stones. Some studies show that people who consume high amounts of calcium might have increased risks of prostate cancer and heart disease, but more research is needed to understand these possible links.

I want to lose some muscle off my thighs, particularly the vascus muscles. Calorie cutting is an obvious part of this, but I want to know if I should overload those muscles to destroy them and not give them enough protein to regenerate, or not work with them at all to let them atrophy?

This is helpful. Thanks user

Are probiotics worth it?

Bump

I've been doing PPL while bulking and now I'm thinking of cutting. Should I change into a new routine for my cut or stay on PPL?

I want to do a keto diet. I talked to a guy who's managed to lose roughly 40kg over the span of several months doing keto.Dieting like this doesn't seem to much of an issue, I just eat lots of salad and healthy proteins like chicken and disregard carbohydrates. Seems simple enough.
Now he also told me he's taking supplements to counteract his muscle loss due to his low calorie intake. He's taking BAA,Whey protein and some prworkout consisting of creatin and coffein.
Now is any of this necessary? What supplements if any have benefits that could help me retain or build musle mass?

>Not drinking milk eating cheese and yogurt
>Not eating dark leafy vegetables
>Thinking he can make it
Lmaoing at ur life

drink a litre of kefir a day and find out. also look up probiotic benefits on youtube, there are some really interesting videos (with sources) giving good information.

Yeah all the prevailing evidence points to microbiotic gut health being EXTREMELY important. If yours is really poor doctor's will even give you a fecal transplant plant from a donor with a healthy flora of gut bacteria.

I'm really worried that my form on my barbell flies is sloppy. Does anyone have any tips? How straight should I keep my arms?

Also tips to prevent MRSA? I think I have MRSA.

You may not have mrsa but could have ringworm etc. Post pic of rash. Wash yourself within 30 min of workout for prevention though.

PPL is 6 days a week.
Is it much less effective to do it 4 times a week?

Generally, yes. Ideally you want to be hitting a muscle 2-3x per week (assuming mass is your goal and you're drug free) and dropping a PPL setup to four days a week hurts your ability to do that.

It'll still work, pretty much anything does if you get after it, but it likely won't work as well as a push/pull or upper/lower would at 4x/week.

Thanks fellow user
I assume the Push/Pull includes some legwork also, right?

Push/pull typically puts quad-dominant stuff on push day and hamstring-dominant stuff on pull day and programs around that. Usually it ends up being something like hard squats on the first push, lighter deadlifts (or variants) on the first pull, lighter squats on the second push and hard deadlifts on the second pull. There's other ways but that's the usual.

Should I sodoku?

Thanks for the info
You have +1 gainz on your next workout.

Looks pretty minor ATM nipping it in the bud with an over the counter triple antibiotic cream like pic related should clear you up. If it persists after 3 weeks or so of daily treatment break down and go see a doc even if costly as it can kill if it gets out of hand.

What are the "worth" supplements I should invest in?
Protein, creatine , aminos, fish oil, multi vitamin?

None. Eat a varied and well balanced diet. Eat fish as one of your proteins at least 3 to 5 times a week. Don't fall for the supp Jew like I did... Lots of wasted cash.

I normally sweat like a fat pig every time I work out. But today I barely broke a sweat even though I broke PRs in just about everything.

Is there something wrong with me?

How do I strengthen my wrists for stability when punching? My left wrist always wants to collapse.

Sounds like aids

Like spinach?

The descending digit wizards

car's broken down, gym is 2.5 miles away, do I bother walking there, do my workout and then walk back again?

not a super technical question I guess

>Broccoli
>Kale (cook it into a soup and it's really fucking good probably my favorite soup)
>Beet greens
>Collard greens
>Bok choy
Just go to the grocery store and use your eyes and pick up the dark green things. Also eat a lot of legumes they are super fucking good for you.

Thanks. I hear Almonds are good too. Follow up question. How much calcium should I shoot for for optimal bone growth and development and health? For us guys who lift heavy things. Is there an optimal amount?

>Almonds
Yeah but you gotta activate them first. As far as the calcium is concerned I haven't the slightest idea I just know I get more than enough as I drink at least 3 pints of milk a day.

I read something once that said when you jizz, your body immediately spends its test to build back your jizz, which causes a slow-down in rebuilding your muscle fibers which in return, makes you get gains slower.
What do you all think of that? Is it true?

If I'm super busy and only able to hit the gym and do my compounds, is that still going to help me make progress?

Been slacking on accessories lately.

Idk but a powerlifting manlet at my gym shouted at himself that he was a pice of shit and that this was all 2 years without jacking off got him when he failed his PR clean attempt.

What I've heard is that you should get as much protein as possible to minimize / stop muscle loss.

So just keep that in mind when cooking. Chickenbreast and fish are your friends.

However, your friend seems interestingly organised, so it is hard to say why he does it when I haven't talked with him.

Caught a cold. Good suggestions for a speedy recovery? Grabbed some vitamin drinks like pic related and going to get 10 hours of sleep tonight. Anything else to help get me through work tomorrow?

You can not be fucking serious right now

when I squat, I can't keep my feet at shoulder width like I see most people do. I can only squat if I plant my feet wide. I still squat deep, I go ass 2 grass otherwise I feel like there's no point. Is this ok, or is it shitty form?

Also, for deadlifts, I find it easier to start off in a squat and push with my feet like i'm completing a squat's upward movement. Is this right?

>tfw 1pl8 squat and 1.5pl8 deadlift

No it's normal for different stances to feel better for different people. Same thing with angle of feet with straight vs out.

when I watched hajime no ippo, ippo did squats under the water

go do that....

Yeah I can't squat with my feet facing forward either, but if I plant them just outside shoulder width and angle them at like 45 degrees, I can dip straight down without bending or falling forwards or backwards.

I supposed the important thing is to drive up with the heels of your feet and keep your back straight, right?

Yup. A good spotter will make sure you're straight and to depth and if not have you tweak your stance etc. You can do close stance squats too you just don't go as deep and go lighter weight but it is a good accessory especially if you go slow.

Did a gentleman named Johanson ever force you to lose your gains by consuming biscuits and gravy because he saw how his fiance was looking at you, so he kidnapped you and put you in the back of his new v6 camero and made you eat until you lost all your gains, Veeky Forums?

>Activate them first
Are you really trying to meme a Viking lad?

Vikings are a meme.

Leave my thread and never return

Atrophy

Make me.

Test doesn't work like that... It's not a fuel, just a messenger.

> Those trips

Yeah screw the roleplaying I'm not messing with you. S-stay all you want

I have a beginner question guys.

If I started lifting would it be idea to also start jogging at the same time? I mean like lift one day and jog the next. I'm not planning on jogging more than 3mi per day if I ever get there. But I don't lift so I don't know how hard it is on your body.

Should I just pick one?

In squats different people have different stances based on their physicality so it's completely fine.
I would need to see your form on deadlifts tho because if you turn it into a squat by bending your knees and use the same motion to pull it up, it won't work your posterior chain as well because it's not a deadlift by that point.

That's what I thought.

Pick both. Cardio is essential when it comes to overall level of fitness and will help you in the gym if you're unfit atm. It will also lean you out more, but consider it that cardio also burns calories so you keep an eye as to bot going too overboard where you end up in Auschwitz.

I'll have to try and get a video of my DL form. Pretty hesitant because i'm a fatass and don't even DL that much.

On a cut, is it safe to go 16 weeks without a cheat or refeed day? Or higher calorie but still in a deficit day?

Lagertha, is it safe to lose 3kg a month when cutting? I'm 15% body fat. Want to hit 10.

Same condition, same skin. What is this meme?

I'm doing KETO and I got protein powder with berry taste.

It's got about 2.4g of carbs per shake.

Thing is, it tastes sweet, a bit like thin coolaid, and I feel like it'll break my keto even though I keep my total carbs pr. day under 20g

I'm currently doing a beginner routine that's a mix of hypertrophy and strength MWF. My biceps are very small and probably my weakest muscle. I'm doing my rows underhanded. Would replacing barbell curls with concentration curls be beneficial? I've also heard that biceps can be trained everyday. Should I keep the bb curls and do concentration curls on rest days?

Don't worry about that. It's especially important if you're fat and do shit qith crap form because you got extra weight to move around. There is totally no room to egolift if you're not fit and fat to boot.
Yes to the first question. The second I don't get...higher calorie on deficit day?

Yeah I've been lurking Veeky Forums for ages so I at least attempt to get correct form on everything, even if I either don't lift enough or I stray from beginner routines.

Doing starting Strength but I just like doing curls and Tricep Press way too much.

You don't need to switch from barbell curls to concentration curls, especially if you're a newby. Biceps are just another muscle like any other, I wouldn't recommend training them every day but 3 times a week would probably be OK if you really feel the need to, even then I'm not sure a beginner should do that much at first if you're doing strenght training with heavy deadlifts and shit. But hey, see whatever works for you. Gaining muscle is a grind, just don't rip your shit up senpai.

You like doing those exercises the most because shit like tricep extensions make you feel strong af because you're probably a big guy and feel like shit deadlifting what some would consider baby weights, doesn't make you look as badass. I know that feel since I use to be like that. :P I don't mind personally if you incorportate the accessory lifts but don't let them come between you and the big three.

6'1 and went from 255 to 249lbs in 2 weeks.

I'd like to say I have somewhat decent upper body strength compared to my lower body at the moment, my fat ass is struggling on 1 plate for squats.

You're not wrong, tri-press and curls make me feel pretty good, but I do them at the end of my gym session.

I generally go:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlift

And I usually work on the punching bag for a few minutes before starting and do accessories after until I'm tired.

Good program for after beginner? I'm sick of doing full body every time. I'm in my 30s and my body cant handle it anymore. Also I stall and want to cut I need to lose at least 15kg.

What I meant by that is your core is probably weak as fuck like mine was, the posterior chain and stabilizing muscles are underdeveloped from being unfit lazy fuck so shit like deadlifts are hard to do at first with correct form to boot. -- experience talking.

What have you been doing and for how long? While you're at it also tell me your current lifts so I can better assist you.
Nice man, well, all I can say is keep at it. It's a lifestyle change in the end and it only gets better with time. Best of luck breaking them PR's and making all them gainz.

What app is best to track calories? Fitbit or Myfitnesspal?

Should i bulk up or cut down?

I have minor pain where the lat muscle ends on my right side, sort of in the middle of the rib cage. I suspect it is from bench press, but am not sure. What could I be doing wrong?

I am doing Texas method (squats bench and dead).

A notebook and a pen. Other than that it really doesn't matter. Whichever you find more aesthetically pleasing and easy to use, I guess?

4 years of 3x5 my lifts are pathetic rather not tell them

What are you gonna cut?

the love handles and the lard legs?

>or cut down

To what?

Lift and eat. You need muscle.
Never had it from benchpressing, but I guess if your body is in a fucked up position or your form is shit and droopy without you pushing your shoulderblades down and keeping it that way it can happen. More likely I'd say it's from deadlifts or just slept in a fucked up way. If it doesn't go away, go see a doctor if you're 100% that your form is good.
If you've been lifting for 4 years doing 3x5 you can legit jump on any bodybuilding routine like PPLx2. It would require you to go to the gym 6 times a week, but hey, at least they won't be full body. Find any bodybuilding routine you like.

Thanks I'll look it up.

Pls spook elsewhere mister skelington

I'm going to cut down to 60 kg and then lean bulk using intermittent fasting and HIIT.

I weigh 67 kg now, my TDEE is 2300 kcal, how much of a deficit should i be aiming for if i lift 3 times a week and do HIIT twice?

Please explain

i cant believe youre stupid enough to look at yourself and fucking wonder if you should cut

Every other fucking week desu, senpai.

Do pushups on fists or fingertips.
Punch things

Keto is very high in fat. I don't see any fat in your salad and chicken diet. If the protein is too high, it's not keto.

What you're describing sounds more like PSMF, which is better than keto for rapidly losing weight, but is not sustainable long term.

Yes.
If you want to work out 4 days a week, do a 4 day program. Upper/Lower. Push/Pull. Whatever.

What should be your aim in ratio of calories from protein,fats and carbs?

what would be better for both strength and aesthetic gains: lying tricep extensions or tricep rope pushdowns?

Is boxing a good form of conditioning to run with weightlifting? I'm doing sled work and jogging but it's boring. I used to box years ago.

Why not both?
Sure.

Poorly phrased. I meant having a day where you eat more calories but remain in a deficit.

TLDR can you stick to a 500 calorie deficit for 16 weeks straight? Adjusting TDEE over time naturally

>Why not both?
as it stands now, my schedule wouldnt really allow for a longer gym session

I'm new and I'm struggling to grasp the concept of bulking. My understanding of the sticky is that I turn fat into muscle right?
But my arms never develop any fat at all, like I can put fat on my shoulders but no matter how much I eat I cant on my arms.
Is there no way I can gain more muscle without putting fat on my arms?

Alternate them. Variety is the spice of life.

Its dumb to try to destroy your muscle because you did SS for too long. Just accept your body dude.
I answered this in other thread. Your friend isnt doing keto it sounds like. Keto is 75% fat 24% protein and