Tall dudes (6'2"+) in Veeky Forums - how hard is it to get noticeable gains being tall...

Tall dudes (6'2"+) in Veeky Forums - how hard is it to get noticeable gains being tall? Is the legend that "tall people find it harder to get gains" true?

Not necessarily arnold tier, just nice definition and aesthetics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rAv3-OkX7uY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Short people get noticeable gains faster, but taller people can actually use their gains to get laid

not super hard, you just gotta eat 3800kcal/day

It doesn't matter at all how you look in relative terms, if in absolute terms you put 40 or 20 or even 10 pounds, it's gonna be noticeable.

>beastly

My cat is closer to beast than this faggot.

just got to eat a lot

>bony to beastly
bony to untrained

Yes it is that hard. I eat and eat in my dorm room but nothing is enough. I go workout 6 days a week for AT LEAST 45 mins each time.

I'm 6'2 and I make gains pretty quickly. My buddy is 5'10 and he lifts as much as I do but looks the same way he did 5 years ago. It's mostly genetics and diet, combined with consistent work ethic and the overload principle

Although the shorter you are, the more noticeable your gains are this isn't as significant as most people make it out to be.

I am exactly 6'2" and have been lifting for 7 months. Almost every time I see people I haven't been with in a while I get multiple comments on my gains.

The most difficult thing is eating the required calories to grow.

You fags are forgeting the body types. Tall endos would put on weight easily while ectos will struggle. Height has nothing to do with it retards

it's a meme perpetuated by skeletons who don't eat enough

if you're tall you'll likely need to eat like 4k to bulk properly

It's a pretty big misconception that tall people can't put on the same amount of muscle as short people. I'm 6'5" and I've put on plenty of muscle, it just takes lifestyle changes that you need to be conscious of.

My TDEE is 3600kcals/day, so when I bulk I eat at 4100 kcals/day, which is a fucking shitload of food. Shorter people have a smaller TDEE, so if a short person vs tall person are on the exact same programming, the shorter person will get more results.

Also, taller people have longer muscles in general, so there's really just more muscle to break and grow, which makes you look leaner.

These are not real things

>Implying metabolism is actually a thing

Most people who are 'ectomorphs' do not have a fast metabolism. They just find it very difficult to eat enough food.

fuck off with your psuedo science

>t. highschool dropouts

?

The human body does not neatly fit into three clean catagories. That infographic is retarded and implies there are set rules for these poorly defined body types.

There is a formula which doctors and nutritionists use to calculate BMR (basal metabolic rate). This determines how many calories a person will burn while at rest. If metabolism varied heavily person to person there would be no formula accurate enough to determine BMR. If you lay significantly outside of your calculated BMR you likely have some kind of disorder. You don't just have a fast metabolism.

6'2 natty here, size is possible

micro dosinng dianabol isnt natty faggot

Ouchhhhh

fake natties everywhere

im 6'1 could post a pic :)

Again with this completely debucked bullshit. This shit is the horoscope of the fitness world

I've gone from 160 to 190 back to 160 and looked no different

I'm 6'5"

Some one fucking had to
>When will this meme day

I know this feel as a 6'5 bro too

I'm up to 205 from 180 and I'm staring at my before and after pics with a microscope trying to see a difference. I can only really tell in my face desu

I've started somewhat coaching a friend of mine for lifting and nutrition, because he's skinny as fuck and insists on the fact that he's eating a lot of food, which I don't agree with. We set a goal for 3500 calories and he said he's easily hit that and I told him to just eat normally and report to me in the evening with everything he at. After I got the report and added everything up lo and behold he ate just above 2300 calories, which would put him almost 100 calories below his supposed maintenance and this was one of the days where he said "he ate a lot more than normal". So yeah, "ectomorths" are just fags who don't know how much food counts as a lot.

>Also, taller people have longer muscles in general, so there's really just more muscle to break and grow, which makes you look leaner.
holy fucking broscience

What is this even supposed to mean?

Just lift, you faggot.
Doesn't matter if the gains come quickly or slowly, either way, you'll look better than what you look like right now.
And 3-5 years later if you're actually unsatisfied with the results, hop on some low doses and cruise.

>Doesn't matter if the gains come quickly or slowly

It kinda does dude

6'3 173lb here (still dyel)
Started at 130 (supreme skelly)
Put on 40lbs with a year of eating right and "working out" only 3x a week for the last 6 months.

Literally every time progress slows I can track it back to something that I am doing, be it skipping meals (which as a skeletor is deadly for gains)
Not sleeping (I typically get 2-5 and there is a night and day difference to when I can get 8+), or missing a workout

Now I realize I can make gains a lot faster and my recovery is a lot better than I thought it was.

TLDR: EAT, SLEEP, GYM MORE and realize that its probably your fault you aren't making gains.

6'2 person has to put on about 50% more muscle as an average height guy to get the same proportions. Obviously this is significantly more difficult and takes much more time, but it's worth it at the end because you will look like a beast and turn heads everywhere, manlets will never get to experience this.

Fuck; exact same here. At least we don't need to buy new clothes -- slim fit mediums 4 lyfe.

are you on some sort of deadline?

>tfw 100 scoop essay due tomorrow and havent even started

How in the actual fuck can you be 160lbs at 6'5". I'm thin at 6'6" 205lbs, you must be emaciated...

Yeah, death.

>40 lbs in a year
How many calories were you eating everyday?

Lol

As a lanklet who ate 3 bowls of beans and rice and cornbread for din din I would not agree

>be turbo lanklet
>work 60 hours of manual labor a week
>lift 3 times a week
>cardio 3 times a week
>trying to bulk

manlets literally cannot comprehend this. I need 4000 calories just for maintanence

First is 2013 (sun makes my arm look like I'm a fucking L4D charger)
Probably 6' 150 lbs and bs farm work that didn't do anything.

Second is 2017 after 1 year liftan
6'1
163 lbs
11% bf

I don't know about harder, because my half nig genes really pulled through, but I noticed my friends (5'11 and 5'9) were physically stronger than me but I always was more aesthetic, but again that's probably genetics and diet.

You decide tho family

Stop doing so much cardio you dumb fag.

>be 6'3"
>175lbs
>look like OP pic left side
>gain 25lbs
>still look like OP pic left side
by my calculations, I need to be at least 220 to look 'normal'

fucking piece of shit APT

Find your TDEE and track your calories for a month. If you're consistently eating in a surplus of 10% or above you will gain weight. If you're not gaining weight up your calories to a 15% surplus. If this doesn't work go and see a doctor. You might have thyroid/ heart problems or undiagnosed coeliacs.

t. midget retard believing in horoscopes to feel better

2800? roughly, my problem was that the only way i could stay really strict was to prep the food before hand...and I could only prep 5 days worth before it was just ridiculous.
Since I was severely under-eating, most of what I gained was still muscle.

Doc measured me Jan 1 2016 at 4%bf 130lbs, Jan 13 2017 I was 12% 171lbs
That meant Saturday and Sunday(until dinner) was absolute shit.

Pic related, similar to what I was eating.(for staple meals)

6'4 280 here and it is a bitch to lose weight I keep my diet good most of the week but I binge on alcohol and shit food on the weekends

Glad he made it. The Holocaust was a true tragedy.

>4% bf
is this real life

Well youre not fucked unless youre above 190cm (6'4ish?)

You wont be as bloated as manlets but who wants to be as whide as they are tall anyway

How big were the bowls

For all I know what you consider 3 bowls I might consider it a snack
>Lala 3 bowls of Rice and Bean's
>Not mentioning caloric values
>Not mentioning portion of food in weight
>Assuming we can determine if hes eating enough with this little info

Pretty damned hard, espescially if you're a skinny fuck.

You have to put in fucking work to get there. It's frustrating when dudes who're almost a foot shorter then you progressing faster in certain movements and lifts but it's just how it is.

Think of it like this. Building a hut takes a afternoon, building a fortress takes a years.

You have to be at least 85kg to get noticeable gains and around 90-ish to start filling out some of the shirts. This guy is a good example of a tall guy (191cm) that's actually made gains:

youtube.com/watch?v=rAv3-OkX7uY

190cm is 6'2"-6'3"

6'5 230 BF in the high teens here. Yes it's harder to make gains, but it can be done, just takes longer. You will never have the same proportions as a shorter guy even with the additional time put in, but you will look "bigger" simply because you are. And imo being big but also slim and long at the same time(not that I'm any of those things) is a great aesthetic that I wouldn't trade for the thick look smaller guys can get that we can't.

Being big and thick gives you a look that turns heads. Believe me.
But the effort to get there and maintain as a natural is fucking unreal.

>Being big and thick gives you a look that turns heads
turns them downward?

Yes unfortunately.
They're eyes would go from shoulders, chest bulge on my left leg face then away then would sometimes catch them staring at my backside.

sucks bro

I usually just get chicks craning their necks to see my quads

Its not a "legend" its a basic fact

1kg of muscle on a bicep across 60cm looks bigger than across 120cm. The shorter you and your limbs are the easier it is to look buff.

6'7'', 230lbs here
shit's hard, but I guess it pays off being 2x bigger than manlets

Im 6 5 (195cm) and Im easily gaining weight with 3500kcal and liftan 3x week. Gained 5kg since 25th of january

Adding length to a muscle increases the volume of that muscle, a man who is a few inches taller has a great deal more muscle, all other things considered. This means a lot more calories required to maintain and build muscle. In order to get that look that the 5' 6" guys get very quickly, a lanky guy has to put on a great deal more muscle. Not only does the lanky guy need more muscle to get the same size, for example 16" arms, but he needs to have greater arm circumference to carry the same proportions. That's why it may only be a 10% difference in height, but more like 30% in actual lean mass

that's just garbage bro science, bro
humans are born with the same amount of muscle fibres, unless you have some serious genetic disorder

Same here man
Went from 135 to 172 lb at 6'1 and I look exactly the same (like OP left pic)

how

b urself

>literally all people have the same amount of muscle fibers
>not one more, not one less
you're the retard here bro, he's right about the difference in volume and proportions for lanklets just shut the fuck up

You're gaining weight way too fast. 5 kg since Jan 25 corresponds to a 1000cal daily surplus, the majority of that is going straight to fat.

Manlets just look better in photos faster, that's it.

Everyone builds muscle at about the same rate, it's just that my 18" arms don't look big in photos because of proportions. However if I were to flex next to a manlet head, you'd see just how big my arm actually is.

He has the pecs of a mummy

It is that way because I had to stop lifting for 3 months. Internat bleeding and anemia happened near christmas and I just started working out again a week or so ago.