/rgt/ Robinhood General Thread

Recovery Day Edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

I don't have a link to the last thread, if someone could please post that for me I would be grateful.

Other urls found in this thread:

share.robinhood.com/sebastr108
houselive.gov
finance.yahoo.com/news/established-u-competitive-local-exchange-123000279.html
youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t-minus 23 minutes until more suffering

How low will AMD go?

So glad I've been sitting on Ford. I don't understand why the market systematically shits on them.

I'd like to sign up for robinhood, anyone want to pass me a referral link?

Please, anyone. Just tell me what to pick for at least 2% gain at eod I'm fucking floundering

Dude Please! share.robinhood.com/sebastr108

CY for earnings play.

VTGN

MYOS

Thanks. You got it.

S P I

if you didnt buy VTGN when I shilled it at the lowest it has ever gone, you might be able to make it with DFFN

>ameritrade count is finally up and rolling
C'mon BAC+B give me a good dip to buy into today.

Remember that one time they had record profits and growth, and wallstreet's response was to oust the CEO?

Yeah that was really cool.

Ford is low now. Good time to buy and sit on it for a while?

It's not that low
It's up 10% from 3 months ago

wait and see if it comes down a bit more, I'd shoot for mid $11's

This is not Ford being low. It will always be under valued. Ford is a stock you buy when the economy is in shambles

What about GE? How far is that one going to tank? Seems like a good one to buy at the (near) bottom.

>AMTX

I’m literally never listening to this board again lmao

HUSA and RGSE got good news

GE isn't going to recover at any time in the near future. The only answer the board can come up with to help their situation is to sell off another $20 billion worth of assets and subsidiaries. That's what they've been doing for years, whittling the company down and selling more and more divisions off in an attempt to show that they're generating revenue. Soon they will announce that the dividend will be cut and the stock will plummet, then it'll continue a gradual downward slump until the management can actually come up with some real solutions to their issues that don't involve "lmao we'll just sell more parts of the company off for some quick cash".

Same

I got siri (Sirius xm)
What'd you get

I wonder where the IRBT bottom is? My average share price is $71.20, it's time to average down but I'm not sure where to place my order. I'm betting it can get back to mid $70's or even $80's by the end of the year.

Zynga.

so did you speak to management personally or is this just your theory?

>AMD

And there goes the last of my month's gains. Can I get some meme ticker that can balance out the red?

Ah, yeah, that will be a while. Any suggestions at what to look at buying now? Cheap stuff I'm just playing around for now trying to learn.

How's AMD doing?

I've read the news releases and guidance summary from the earnings report. Their only immediate plan is to shave another $20 billion off the company in the next 2-3 years. Trian was hopeful that he would turn shit around but their relationship has soured now and they've greatly lowered their expectations. Until the new CEO does something big that proves he's ready to take the company in a new direction the stock will continue to tank.

Can't stop the brakes on this BAC+B train this is better than when Trump won

Going straight to 12 and beyond.

F

I’m about ready to drop AMD. Convince me not to do it

DXTR. bought the dip feelsgoodman

Free falling straight back to single digit price.

not well.....not very well at all

Well, I'm thinking AMD has hit a bottom here and will recover but it's also pretty likely that it's got more room to fall. If it hits $12 then I'm betting it'll continue downwards for a bit. Might wait for AMD to have a green day and pick up a few shares then, that'd be the safer bet.

MTW is at a good loading zone with earnings coming out in a couple of weeks. They're a large equipment / heavy lift crane manufacturer so, just going off Caterpillar's earnings results, they could have a considerable jump on good earnings.

>CELG

Looks like the ripoff biotech industry is finally getting what is coming to them

I bought Caterpillar yesterday on whim. What should I sell it at?

Your retirement

Thanks. I'll research those. My friend works in agriculture and has a lot of John Deere tractors. He says it has been really hard to get them this year because they have so many orders. I imagine Caterpillar is doing well too.

Hypothetically what happens to our equities market if the house votes no on the proposed budget? I think there might be 30 guys in the red seats that are going to vote in opposition.

CAT knocked earnings out of the park the other day and jumped like 7%-8% in a day.

MTW is in a bit more precarious position though considering they posted a big loss last year and are trying to break even this year. If they have a good 3rd and 4th quarter then they should just about break even which will set them up nicely for 2018.

buy UVXY

It's ok user someone just bought 2000 shares at .68 maybe someone getting rid of them at a loss. Should be back in the .8s soon, I'll probably sell if it jumps.

I have a stop loss set for $.60

It’s back down to .68. I just want out, I bought in at .95

AMD is going to 10.50 I think

Jeez I bought in at an avg of .81, picked more up after initially buying at .75
How many shares? I'm in for 500

Should I play EGO earnings today? Seems like a good gamble, it's kind of on sale

Only 40. I don’t trust you fags enough to put real money on memes

Just put an order in for 30 more IRBT at $63.75. I'm pretty confident they'll be back in the mid $70's to $80's by the end of the year.

Time to just close my eyes and hold until I'm green again.

I'd wait and see if it breaches $12

Why? Is there really a demand for fucking vacuum robots?

they are for sure going to run those stops

Why didn't I put it all on OSTK? Only 20 shares, no lambo for me rrreeeeeeeeeee.

Yes rich people love that shit

>Short GE last Friday when it unexpectedly jumped on a terrible earnings report
>I've made 8.5% so far in under a week

God bless GE's incompetence

Considering they're looking at over 20% revenue growth year over year and are looking at an EPS of up to $2 per share then I'd say yeah, apparently there is a pretty big demand for it.

I own one. I like it better than my car.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right but I can always hope it doesn't. I'm debating on whether to put in an order at $11.5 or just waiting to see if it continues down into the $10's. I know the smart thing is to wait until it's actually bottomed out and had a few green days to establish an upward swing but it's hard not to gamble.

Nancy Pelosi is actually trying to shoot this budget down. houselive.gov I can't believe I actually want to see her succeed in something.

>IRBT
I just sold my bags for $50 loss. Dont rust this meme company. They have new competitors in Shark Ninja and Samsung. They were so high due to a having monopoly in robot vacuuming

Even though I am screaming obscenities at the computer screen such as stupid cunt.

>ALT

/sweating intensifies

Sell at market price so the price goes down so I can get a better deal t reenter at. My goal is 12 flat.

Can you short on Robinhood?

Made 850 off it =]

I don't think so, I don't use robinhood.

Eh, I'm not looking at it for a long term hold, if it just swings back to $75 then I'll come away with $680 in profit.

You cant short for free. Its way more risky for the company since you can lose more money than you actually have. You can only make 100% of uour investment but can lose infinite%.

You can't make 100% on your investment because of the juice you have to pay to borrow the shares.

TMUS beats earnings again and still has barely any movement. They skipped the earnings call and so will Sprint because they don't want people talking about the buyout. Also family plans come with free netflix they're quickly stealing customers from competitors. $90 a share if they announce the merger which should be soon.

TEUM announced ANOTHER contract today. Their backlog is over 100 million $$$ now. This company's going places 2018.

finance.yahoo.com/news/established-u-competitive-local-exchange-123000279.html

There is no requirement to pay for a stock to short. If you own an investment firm you can borrow someones stock to short for free. Thats like saying you cant lose more money than you have by buying on leverage because the broker will automatically sell your shares long before you even run out of your own money.

I'm $4,120.50 in on TMUS and you are out of your mind. I'm looking at like 75 max for a good buyout short term.

We'll know in about 5 mins what to put our money in.

AMD bottom is $12.12
screencap this

The bottom of AMD is $0

HUSA about to blow

looks like it's going to pass, taxes are going up.

XXII PR 10 mins, good entry price now

I'm getting really fucking sick of seeing Drys go up while I have like 12k tied up in bags.

The second I free one up and go in Drys is when it plummets though.

>OSTK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

$12 here we come
youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM

Trump is going to declare an opioid crisis
do we know of any companies that would benefit?

Invest in drug dealers.

when did the LODE hype train derail?

Eh, no reason to sell now, might as well ride it out and hope it bounces back at some point. I'll dump my AMD shares if it breaches $11.

Who makes/sells the opioid substitution drugs?

That might possibly be the worst time imaginable to dump. There is major support there.

When they pushed back their earning report two weeks in a row.
I'm talking about buying in. Once it hits $12, it's gonna plummet and that's when I prepare to strike.

How high does this rocket fly??? I'm scared of these gains!

Yeah, you're right, might as well just wait until it hits single digits and double down.

BUY
THE
DIP

who knows. FML

I set a stop last night, and it triggered. I have now lost exactly $0.08 on AMD.

Your choices right now are
1) Sell and buy back at 10.50 ish where there is long-term uptrend support
2) Hodl and possibly lose more short term, but plan on it returning to 12+ eventually
3) The Veeky Forums choice - Wait for the absolute bottom then sell to max your realized losses

#3 hasn't failed me yet.

buy high sell low