Gloves

What's a good pair of workout gloves that won't dye my hands black or fall apart in 3 weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your hands

Just chop off your balls and use your nutsack.

Your hands

13:25:37
13:26:40
13:27:41

you could just filter gloves instead of getting triggered and being an edgelord

Or you could just filter your manhood instead.

I don't even know why workout gloves exist when really the solution is to learn how to grip the fucking bar properly

Hahahaha we all hate gloves faggot. They're for pussies. Lol curly trying to keep that hand soft for the girl who doesn't love you?

>implying my hands would look like that after deadlifts

I have to keep my hands soft because I work in business and it's unacceptable to have nasty hands

What business? Glory hole attendant? Rough hands are manly as fuck. As soon as you shake hands people know you get shit done and you intimidate the doughy palmed faggots of the world.

>I have to keep my hands soft because I work in business

Jerking men off for money hardly qualifies as business

Ahh "business" you mean massaging rich old dudes and a little extra kek. I understand, won't judge you and all. Gotta keep those hands nice and slick for when Mr.Rosenberg calls for a massage.

Haha gloves I don't wear those because I try to look like a man

Just a run-of-the-mill middle-man, introducing people to each other and cutting a piece of the action for myself. Problem is that you've got to keep up a persona that if these people work with you all will be easy peasy. Rough hands don't do that.

That is terrible logic. Lmaoing at ur life right now.

I buy a pack of 2 bath sponges for 1 euro in the supermarket once a month or so and use these to lift.

Never had a problem . That said , on the long run probably a good pair of gloves would be cheaper , assuming they last me for a couple years.

Only the strong have it "easy peasy" buddy, being a limp wristed soft handed nu male is repulsive. Having soft hands while you also lift is signaling to everyone you are a metrosexual.

>signaling to everyone you are a metrosexual

what's so bad about that?

Nobody in the story of ever will feel weirded out because you have rough hands. wtf kind of handshakes do you do? do you feel the whole hand slowly and judge it?

Just ask somebody in the gym with the typical lifting callouses to shake your hand , you cant feel anything unless you actually go look for it or do some type of handbrojob handshake.

It's obvious that you've never worked in business

Little details like this is what separates you from joe schmo 2.0

This is why you will never be successful.

>workout gloves

>not wanting strong ruff hands on a presentable body to let the other business man that you are man who can take care of yourself and business

Do any of you faggots wear gloves when you land construction or landscaping gigs?

Yup lmaoing at him too.

No, little details like rough hands are what separates you from all the other """men""" who work white collar jobs.

>thinking that only men are in business

you really have bought the feminist propaganda, haven't you?

>he thinks rought hands don't make women wet

>$20 in the tip jar
Damn, I wish I was a vietnamese woman

an Of Mice and Men reference on Veeky Forums - Christ we're evolving

>expecting me to write out business person
>bringing feminism into a thread on fit
kys

>not using pic related

really true. i use to use gloves and get blisters all the time, but then i realized i was just holding the fucking bar wrong and now my hands are silky smooth and ready for all the hand jobs, glove free!

I took a buddy of mine to lift for the first time. He's willing to learn the main lifts and follow a strength approach instead of just lifting like a bro so that's good, but he's complaining about how his hands hurt from deadlifting and he wants to get gloves now. I already told him it's gay as shit and that he shouldn't do it, but I don't know if he'll listen to me. I don't want people to think we're a gay couple just because he's wearing gloves.

>how to lose 50% of your grip strength

This. The only places where you are bound to get small calluses is around the first joint of your middle- and ring finger.

it's not gay if you wear matching gloves, it's just thrifty

It sounds fedora, but looking more masculine actually helps in business, as long as you're well-groomed. Smooth hands, small frame etc just make you look beta

get a better grip. i'm shocked you don't have king kong hand's from jerkin' it

OP if you read one post in this whole thread, it's fucking this.
Don't be a pussy, just learn to hold the bar properly.

any vids? My hands are massive so holding a normal bar is weird for me since it feels like a toothpick. I have to clench my hands a lot tighter than normal, which wraps my calluses around the knurling

I'm sure there are vids out, but look at pic related. Hold the bar lower in your hand, and think about pulling it with your fingers. Don't palm it. It should actually be easier for you to do it properly if you have big hands.

The bigger your hands the easier it is to hold a bar correctly. You're supposed to hold it with your fingers not your palm.

same grip for pullups?

Yes, actually now that I think about it.

it's obvious you have read shit like tim ferris, good to great, simon sinek and so on

i bet you work in sales too

i too "work in business" and can promise you that my CEO, my CFO and 2 of my 5 main client contacts all lift, all probably have slightly calloused hands. But you know why im not sure? because no one cares "in business"

Every time I try this, my fingers are simply incapable of doing the job.

that's because it's a meme

google olympic weightlifters grips and you can see that they all palm the bar

Okay unless you're a goddamn toddler you should be able to do this. Practice with the bar and work your way up. If you don't your callouses will eventually tear and you'll have blood everywhere.

>being this retarded that you confuse hook grip with palming the bar

What weights are we talking about? Your grip strength is probably just shit, which needs to be trained. You can also opt to go for alternating grip or hook grip.

hook grip =/= palming the bar
Your thumb is going to be between your palm and the bar, so you won't get calluses from that, but your thumb will hurt like crazy when you first start doing it. I know my thumb used to feel like it's being crushed under the weight and it hurt for 3-4 days. You get used to it though. If you have sweaty hands chalk is absolutely necessary to correctly use the hook grip.

Grasping with your fingers will obviously be much weaker than a full grip with you palm thought, right? I can deadlift 225 (inb4 DYEL) but if I try to use the "correct" grip, my fingers can't handle the load.

Since you spent however many lifting sessions doing it the wrong way, it will take some time to get used to. However, it's much easier (and with less callouses) to get to higher weights using proper grip.
Source: I pulled 4 pl8 conventional with no chalk last week.

don't worry these are a bunch of dyels pushing a plate or two around and not understanding that no is going freehand on big weights except the competition lifters (which are the people they get all their info from and treat it like gospel)

Yeah, that is normal. You're free to use the wrong grip and get huge calluses and feel like a manly man because of that, but in the long run you're putting yourself at a risk of seriously ripping up your palms and guess how long it'll take that skin to heal. You'll have to stop deadlifting altogether while it heels too.

I deadlift 3pl8 with the correct grip while using mixed grip and I can double overhand 265lbs for 2 reps. Lifting for just under 1 year.

>white collar "men"

>Lifting for just under 1 year.

>giving people advice

I run a company and earn probably double your wage and my hands are covered in callouses. I have never once looked at another person's hands and made a judgement, aside from people with dirty hands.

Plus, gloves don't do shit. I have a home gym with a pull up bar made from a skinny old 1" diameter barbell. I use gloves for the sole purpose of creating an effective larger bar diameter so it's more like my oly bar. Guess which lift causes the most callouses for me? Pull ups with gloved hands.

So how much time under the bar do you have? What your advice on gripping the bar? Have you had any issues? I'm genuinely curious because you only seem to be pointing fingers but don't offer anything from your side.

This.

If you grip the bar with your entire palm you're doing it wrong.

Not him but watch the riptoe vid on gripping a bar correctly. T. 2.5 years

Pull ups are the one lift I prefer to take a full palm for.

You are correct but you're still a noob and shouldn't be giving advice out

You don't have experience of gripping anything more than 3 plate, your knowledge is by no means thorough

He's right though. I grip with my full palms for farmer's walks and axle lifts, but if I'm lifting with a normal bar I rest it at the base of my fingers. I deadlift 210kg double overhand before you call me DYEL

Not trying to be a cheeky cunt here but he does it exactly the way I'm advocating it.
youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s

This little pussy probably doesn't look people in the eyes when he talks to people. Man up and drop the gloves.

only on bad weeks

your hands.

Ive never seen any lifter worth his salt lift with gloves.

>made to make a buck off DYELs and old men who think they can lift but too scared of getting boo-boos.

>i know these feels