How comes England/Britain was ALWAYS on the most numerous side in big wars?

How comes England/Britain was ALWAYS on the most numerous side in big wars?

Was it cowardice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvYuoWyk8iU
youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Biggest side

They always back a coalition against the major power.

Their interest was always in maintaining the balance of power in Europe, not letting one nation get too power and making some European empire. It worked well for them until WW2.

enjoy being banned dude

Not an argument

>Their interest was always in maintaining the balance of power in Europe, not letting one nation get too power and making some European empire.

Why was their interest to be "meh" while other countries interest were to be the greatest?
Was it lack of ambition?

I mean look at France and Germany, they conquered Europe
Meanwhile Britain's greatest "achievement" is an empire of dirt taken from subhumans

Why do the French sit around obsessing over us and making gay wikipedia charts lol
We don't give a shit about you

Sauce
>Why was their interest to be "meh" while other countries interest were to be the greatest?
>Was it lack of ambition?
>I mean look at France and Germany, they conquered Europe
>Meanwhile Britain's greatest "achievement" is an empire of dirt taken from subhumans
Because if there was a huge power imbalance they'd lose this "empire of dirt". And this proved itself true last century.

You're a Brit bringing up France to ease your buttpain despite having zero proof OP is French
Sorry m8, but you're definitly obsessed with France

*blocks your path*

Having a bunch of allies is better than being outnumbered. The British were far better diplomats and politicians than the French and Germans were.

From what i've seen french people don't really care about the uk, maybe there's a vague sense of supriority but that's it, while brits are fucking obsessed with the french napoleon and all that crap.

They were okay during WW1
It's during WW2 that they were real cowards

>Why was their interest to be "meh" while other countries interest were to be the greatest?
It wasn't you fool. You be the greatest by putting the others down.

Then you really haven't met any British people. Veeky Forums doesn't count, user

Does British press count?

Because a vast colonial empire means you get coalitions against you like the French Turk fucksandwich, or you have to constantly put down rebellions like with Granada

>Meanwhile Britain's greatest "achievement" is an empire of dirt taken from subhumans
why is land won by killing millions of civilised men better than one gained by killing a few hundred savages and then being colonised by whites? I really don’t get this, Spain was also an ‘empire of dirt’ if you’re a prussiaboo

>m8
You speak British English my hon hon, our MPs give dictat treaties to your emperors

There are covers like that about every major country incl. Russia
Also the Economist is a rag and you should feel bad for reading it

What is diplomacy?

To conquer without risk is to triumph without glory

>he reads anything but the daily express
ALL THE OTHERS ARE RUN BY THE FUCKING SOROS-ROTCHSILDS STAY AWAY FROM THEM

>150 year old current affairs magazine talks about its neighbor from time to time
I don't actually see the obsession you are talking about user

W8 so we should put all the german people into one state after killing a hundred thousand of them and then excluding one german state, sounds real glorious

Mostly to maintain the balance of power in europe so they could focus more abroad. There is a reason why most of europe knows english. Anglo culture mostly through the US is successfully conquering the rest of the world today.

What about Lindybeige?
He's pretty obsessed with France

>There is a reason why most of europe knows english.

Yeah, that reason is that Britain lost a war to France and Spain in 1783 (which accidentally spawned the current superpower)

The only time they fought alone, they lost

Made me think

they didn't need to join European wars for the most part

either they joined because they were being opportunistic (so they choose the side with the best chances) or they were trying to fuck France's shit up (and so too the rest of Europe because the French are usually dicks)

Indeed

Britain only ever sided with the weak against the strong, to try and stop a continental power from becoming too strong. Naturally this meant allying with others against one or two upstart nations.

No one said that other countries didn't too conquer subhuman lands from time to time
Only that, unlike for Britain, it wasn't their greatest achievement

England is the best so everyone wants to be with England.

Also, being outnumbered doesn't make you brave, it just means that you're too stupid for diplomacy and reproduction.

>hurr what do you mean power is relative

Except it goes far further back than this clip suggests.

youtube.com/watch?v=rvYuoWyk8iU

This. Its a well known fact why
youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE

It's just an effect of generally being the more likable and righteous nation.

Anglo superiority

If you're picking sides in a war, would you want to pick the losing team?

Britain is on the losing side in quite a few of the wars in OP pic tho

You will notice many of those areas Britain took from the French, going by the /int/nigger statement I quoted that would mean the French would be subhumans. I joked about that, but it was only a joke, because I am not a smear of shit that would rather see this board ablaze and driven into the dirt than leave some autists alone to have their historical discussion be relatively non-partisan.

Hmmmm