Does Veeky Forums squat with plates under their heels...

Does Veeky Forums squat with plates under their heels? I've struggled with squat form for a while and I'm always looking for things to help.

no

No

no

No

dangerous af

either buy shoes or just stretch

Why in the ever loving fuck would you ever do this? I hope you snap your shit up and lose all function in your limbs so you can never pollute this board with your clueless posts ever again.

Seriously google "weightlifting shoes" at least.

No

Lmao

One wrong step and you're dead

no

>pin pressing 3pl8

Please don't do that. Wear work boots if you need an elevated heel.

>40609999
Bitch

What's so incredibly dangerous about squatting with your heels raised while weightlifting shoes with heels of up to 1.5 inches are perfectly fine?

Ignore the retards here, its perfectly safe for a beginner.

Just make sure you arent still doing it as you get to 2-3 plate squat, cause then it is dangerous.

This has to be the gayest thing you can do at the gym

Think about it for a moment. Tripping on a walkout with 2plates+ is going to suck.

Lol buddy, unless you're a fucking freak with tiny feet you aren't going to trip with a piddly 2 plate on your back

Use common sense. Is the weight so high you can't control it on the walk out? Is your squad-form weird? Is there sweat on the floor? Are the plates under your heels slippery?

Definitely no harm on a clean, coarse floor with rubberized plates in a squad rack. But why bother? Weightlifting shoes are not that expensive, and mobility work is a good idea anyway.

This. Just buy liftan shoes or stick something, flat, thick and not too awkward in the heel of your shoe. I used micro plates (My own) for a while.
Plates slide and are generally unstable, even on rubber floors. If you have trouble hitting depth, im guessing you're either too new to have good form or you have long femurs. Trying to squat with form that works for long femured lifters generally involves a wider stance and toe angle. In short, your heels will have a greater chance of shifting and the set up becomes more dangerous.

Know how I can tell you don't squat?

This does help with form but you should only do it with low weight until you think your forms corrected. Depending on how autistic you are this should take about a month.

Dont do stupid shit op. If you really want that 2% advantage higher heels give you buy a pair of oly shoes.

I can squat 4 plate and you can't.

I have a gym in my garage. Used to put a 3/4'' plank of wood on the floor and use that to raise my legs to allow my knees to sail forward enough to get rid of some of my damn leg length, cause fuck squatting like Norton. I kept it from sliding by putting 5kg plates on either side to fix it in position. That was enough to get to 160kg or something without problems. Would have kept it up but I decided to buy oly shoes after that.

Long story short, it's not dangerous unless you are retarded, which you clearly are

That said, if you have to use plates to correct your form you probably shouldnt be squatting anywhere near max effort and should instead just be working on rom. A temp fix at best, but dont squat heavy

it works it worked for a client I did strength and conditioning with but its a short term solution and ideally you want weightlifting shoes

you do understand there are people who actually cant squat down all the way without their heels picking up and this is why they do it