Home gym thread

Home gym thread

Rate each other's setups

Picture taken 2 years ago. Since then i bought more weights and added some more wood for structure. It can hold atleast 220kg, tested it with all the weights + me on it.
I only do deadlifts, OHP and Rows.

Did you make the rack yourself?
Looks solid

you gonna get mesothelioma down there.

Black lung

No asbestos in sight, pal. My sex dungeon is clean.

Yes, i made it myself. Since then i added metal corners to all the places the wood binds and i've also added screws in all the screw holes.
I also made a stand so i can rack pull if i want to that also serves as safety for my neck/face when benching.
I'll post a new picture in 10 minutes.

>220kg
static gravity force versus impact force... You know...resting a hammer on a nail vs bashing the nail with the hammer....big difference. Well its your life broderino.

"The Guillotine"

The bar can hold almost all of my weights= 159kg. I can't yet lift all of them. I just tried rack pulling from 1/3 lower thigh and i did it.

The wood parallel to the ground can hold 230kg atleast. Tried with the bar full + myself. When i'll be ready to lift 170kg i'll at more wood to it.

Pretty nice. Maybe get a mirror for checking form

I only benchpress over the pillar supporting the paralel ones and if i squat and fail i fail on the way up, not on the way down.
I'll also add one more support beam on each side. I don't think 200kg can break through a a fucking tree.

mirin'

Just built it a few days ago.

It's very cleanly made. I like it.

Mine is just a door frame pull up bar going in to my laundry room.

can you never ever post this picture again?

Your pl8 looks like a medieval blacksmith's grindstone

? Just got it all. Need to build platform still

Are those bricks instead of one of the middle pl8s?

>all those bumpers
>those collars
mirin'

>That bar heights
Ur a manlet aren't you

Jelly of that platform

This makes me not comfy

Hey friend

How much did those weights cost you? I really want bumpers but they're so expensive.

Thanks, took 45 minutes for the stencil since I cut myself twice, 20 minutes to cut the mats to size and 5 minutes to screw the plywood together. Add another 4 hours of polyurethane and you got yourself a nice platform.

Weight were around 650 ohio bar was 300.
Thanks
Tbh this was after I set it up and just placed some plates on for pics

you want to lift against gravity not parallel to it

He there
Idk why it flips my pics like that. What do

If not for the room itself, I would call you a rich boy.

My dream is to build my own decent (read: not ghetto tier) home gym over the years but I'm not willing to spend more than a membership on a cheap gym actually costs. So, without taking inflation into consideration, a cheap gym membership is maybe $20/month, so that makes it $240/year, over maybe a period of 10 years that gym equipment will last (I guess), it makes it $2,400. Can it be done? Are they expensive to install/maintain? (if you can do basic work yourself).

Currently my setup, got the rack for free from my old high school. The space is little small but gives me just the right amount of space to still do deadlifts and Olympic lifts.

Am by no means rich. My whole setup was 1600. 2400 gets you a really nice setup

Babys first garage