>it dies

You drink the same water

>Fishbowl full of air
>you put a fish in it
>it dies

And you still breathe the same shit? Not gonna make it

>You drink the same water
no I don't

It dies because the oxygen isnt refreshed. Imagine being in a sealed room with the same air for 5 days. You would ecentually breathe that oxygen and not be able to survive.

If you have a fish in a bowl, youre supposed to refresh the water in there or get a filter to circulate oxygen through it.

then drink pond water, faggot

>fill bowl with hot soup
>put fish inside
>it dies

You eat the fish soup

>>it dies
no it doesnt

>implying I don't lease a reverse-osmosis water purifying machine

Tell me user, why does our government put flouride into every major water system in the United States?

>put lobster in boiling water
>it dies
>you eat lobster

>be american
>get shot

Two Thousand & Seventeen, and you aren't Sipping. Water, not even once.

Good thing I'm not a fish.

THAT'S BECAUSE TAP WATER HAS A LOW DISSOLVED OXYGEN CONTENT, MUCH LOWER THAN WHAT A GOLDFISH WOULD NEED TO SURVIVE

AFTER A FEW DAYS OF LIVING IN A BOWL OF WATER, THE DISSOLVED OXYGEN HAS BEEN DEPLETED, CAUSING THE FISH TO SUFFOCATE

IT'S LIKE LOCKING YOU INSIDE OF A SMALL, UNVENTILATED ROOM FOR MULTIPLE DAYS, YOU'LL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT OF OXYGEN

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO FUCKING STUPID

I don't buy this shit for one second. I just want clean water and I brush my own teeth.

>inb4 hurf durf alex jones

Why the fuck does the government care about our teeth
Youre a fucking sheep

good goy

I only drink sea water since that's where the whales live and grow huge drink big to get big CMON!

Kek
E
K

Because you are a fucking imbecile. No sane person puts a fish in tap water. No sane person puts a fish in tap water without any plant and no sane person puts a fish in a tank without an aquarium pump + plants. It's all about re creating an ecosystem stupid fuck. Of course it dies in tap water

>oxygen isnt refreshed

>*I only drink sea water since that's where the whales cum and grow huge slurp big to get big CMON!

Reduce burden on state dentists.

>fill bowl with tap water
>put fish in
>lives happily ever after

Such is life in a place where tap water is basically mineral water, enjoy your chlorine and fluoride poisoning

Doing the backstroke there, NOT dead.

Everyone in this thread is wrong. It's the chlorine in tap water that kills the goldfish. You would die in seconds if you breathed chlorine too. If you let the water sit out for a couple days, or if you treat the water with tap water conditioner available at any pet store, BEFORE exposing the fish to it, it will be fine.

Longer term, yes, most fish will require some sort of oxygenation, in the form of a pump that continually moves the water. But a goldfish (as pictured in the OP) does not REQUIRE this for survival (even though it would probably prefer it.)

>WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO FUCKING STUPID
Must be something in the water.

>Want sum fuk
>ay bby
>dont get laid

No homo

Underrated.

America has been poisoning it's citizens with a compound that has been shown to cause people to become dumber for well over half a century now.

It's been proven by concrete science.

Citation?

Whats the problem? Eat the fucking fish for extra protons.

>manlet
>when they will ever learn
>ay lmao

>Gee, lets put a neurotoxin in water so we dont have to invest in dentists

there ya go, you just explained why the neurotoxin argument is retarded

>protons

Put fish in stream water
>happy fish
Drink stream water
>happy shits

Doesn't compare.

What kind of retard drinks water a dead fish is floating in?

>Americans can't drink their tapwater

"Every" is an exaggeration.

I've designed water systems for a couple of years now and haven't fluoridated any.

North Carolina, for what it's worth.

It's temp shock user

You should really visit /an/ sometime OP.
t. Fishkeeping user

Supposed to acclimate fish
Google it

You guys think you are knowledgeable on fish, but you're not.

It isn't the temperature shock or the lack of dissolved oxygen. Most goldfish are actually pretty fucking hardy and can take a bit of a shock + in a low oxygen environment, they'll just be less active; it would take a very long time for them to die in a lower oxygen environment if they are the only fish in the bowl and the bowl had a decent amount of surface area. You would see it gasp near the water surface for several days. Horrible death.

Likewise, unless your tap water is truly shit, the goldfish might actually be okay with that too, even in prolonged exposure. This varies wildly from region to region. For instance, Flint residents need not apply.

What actually kills most aquarium fish in the short-term is ammonia, i.e. the nitrogen cycle.

Fish create waste, releasing ammonia. Ammonia will kill fish in hours in certain circumstances. Minutes even in really bad circumstances. Goldfish are one of the messiest popular fish around, e.g. it creates a LOT of waste.

You know all those filters people buy for "real" tanks? It's not for the carbon filters (those aren't even needed); it's for the biofilter, a.k.a. the bacteria culture. The bacteria will turn the ammonia created by the waste into nitrate, then turn the nitrite in the nitrate, which is far less deadly to fish (although you do still need to get rid of nitrate eventually with either hydroponics or bio reactors or most commonly a simple water change). This is something the vast majority of new fish keepers don't understand. You need to grow your biofilter before you add fish you want to keep long term. This can take weeks to a month. This is the most important part of fish keeping and no one ever explains it to new keepers.

BTW, this isn't condoning untreated water and non-aerated water for fish; you should do that too.

A simple water conditioner will suffice and your filter should take care of dissolved oxygen.

I'm just stating that what people think of as the biggest issues really aren't that big a deal compared to more immediate threats.

It's really sad when people are obsessing over things like pH when it's both difficult to change long term and not necessary for the vast majority of cases.

>most people are fucking retarded
>most people don't brush and floss adequately
>most people see a dentist less than once per year
sometimes the government does what's best for you even if you don't want to do what's best for you.

You have to feed the fish you retard. It can't survive off of water alone.

It's pretty sad knowing you care this much about a subject that literally no one else does. This must be what it's like when I try to talk about Magic.

You know the government isn't just some vague entity somewhere out there in the world simply pulling strings for its own amusement right? It's made of people that care about how the world is run and, more importantly, how the quality of life for everyone else is maintained.

what the fuck is even the point of having a fish in a bowl

it's not like it's a good pet, and frankly it's inhumane to limit it to a miniscule space like that

>ocean full of salt water
>fish inside ocean
>you drink the same water
>you die

>drink fountain water at gym
>blister in mouth burning
>teeth more sensitive
>tooth filling acting up
>lifts increased slightly
Tfw I cant go back

because you need to airate the water retard

>fill bowl with tapwater
>blow my brains out with a shotgun
>i die

Hillary was right.

>fill diapers with shit
>a fox sees it
>get raped

Your children wear the same diapers

>fill bowel with tapwater
>put fish inside
>it dies

You drink the same water

Oh shit man you're right, and I'm descended from goldfish!

k

The fuck is wrong with your water fountain m8

>fill bowl with tapwater
>put fish inside
>it dies

You eat the same fish

What you said isn't wrong. All of it is correct. But you're wrong about the cause of death. Like the other user said in this thread, if the water from tap is treated with chlorine then it's the chlorine that kills the fish. You don't put a fish directly into tap water without treating it first. This is even more basic than everything else you just went over.

I don't trust tap water for a second. I bought a filter pitcher for water desu

Fish breathe oxygen

let me guess, flouride?
fuck off Daniel

Lol i aint readin all fat shiet niqqa, lmao geta loed ahv dis nerd

>being this new

So now you trust your filter pitcher?

Most are absolute shit, ESPECIALLY britta. They do nearly nothing. Feel free to look up any review site on this or buy a TDS meter for $10-15 and test it yourself.

ZeroWater is the best pitcher filter out there but its actual pitcher is pretty shit for a number of reasons and the filters are so damn expensive you might as well buy bottled RO water. It's also slow as fuck to filter but that is the case with any actually good filter. If it filters fast; it's shit. Or fucking enormous. One of the two.

What would happen if you put a goldfish in sparkling water?

is that way, autist

Again, depends on the area you live in, however the majority of even the US does not have enough chlorine to kill a goldfish as quickly as ammonia. No biofilter will kill a fish very quickly, guaranteed. A lot of people even have well water and haven't treated their water in years with no ill effect.

>This must be what it's like when I try to talk about Magic.
Coincidentally I played magic during Unlimited/Revised.

The big difference is that people started spouting dumb shit about pet fish and I corrected them.

Here's the litmus test: zero people at work and very few of my family and friends (and now some people on the internet) even know I keep fish, and 100% of the ones who have seen the tank actually like to look at it.

There is no fucking way MTG has ever come up in a normal conversation either in my unlimited/revised time or in yours, thus you forced the subject on them, and from experience there are zero people ever casually interested in watching MTG ever.

I think MTG is a great game though and I personally have no issues with it, even though I haven't played in decades.

TOP KEK

Vampire fish.

To be completely fair, the if thr government can cheaply keep peoples' teeth clean, they will. Having fucked up teeth can actually be inhibiting or even dangerous, and the government needs its people alive and able to generate tax revenue.

>Dance outside naked
>Russia enters world war 3
>Allahu akbar

>implying I drink tap water
>implying I let myself be poisoned with Sodium Fluoride

>mfw this thread

fish detected fuck you

must be sad to be an americunt, everything is shit ;_;

>fill bowl with fish
>put water inside
>fish die
O V E R P O P U L A T I O N

>Not eating the fish for extra gains

Again, you're wrong. The EPA allows levels of chlorine up to 4 ppm in tap water. In my area it's quite common to see levels between 0.7 and 1.0 mg/L. A level as low as 0.37 mg/L is more than enough to kill even the heartiest of goldfish. So as I stated before, IF your tap water is treated with chlorine, that is going to be what kills it if you do not treat the water. Not to mention, this chlorine can also kill the beneficial bacteria you are talking about. Add that in with chloramines and you can clearly see that the chlorine in the tap water is going to be your major first concern. First treat your fucking water, then worry about cycling your system.

No they dont. Not here at least. Sorry you live in flint michigan

>and frankly it's inhumane to limit it to a miniscule space like that
Well, not really. That "miniscule" space becomes the fishes reality, it has no knowledge outside of that little bowl; it's not suffering, therefore it's not really "inhumane", unless you think it such(but then you're a faggo.)

fluoride makes a goy a good goy.

Its the same thing? Duhhh...

Legit the most bullshit thing about the government. I don't give a fuck, you'd have to be stupid to actually believe that shit is to "protect everyone's teeth"

Understanding biology and having magic as a hobby are not comparable, you fucking retard

If you're going to get a fish, be sure to run your tank without any fish for about a month.

In order to get healthy fish, we have to do something called "cycling" the tank.

The things we put into tapwater so WE can drink it, (typically chlorine, ammonia, nitrates, nitrites among other things), are terrible for fish.

Tank cycling is a process where we encourage the growth of nitrogen fixing bacteria in the tank. These bacteria will turn things like ammonia which is produced by the fish into less deadly nitrates and nitrites. We do periodic water changes in order to reduce the concentration of nitrites and nitrates. Another thing you can do is have a very heavily planted aquarium.

I keep fish tanks, ask me stuff if you're retarded.

this