Is his name just a combination of Jupiter and Zeus? To relate to the pagans of the time?

Is his name just a combination of Jupiter and Zeus? To relate to the pagans of the time?

Historically speaking, of course.

no

Go on...

>Of course not. How dare you question Joesph's wife's son's father!
Lol Christcucks.

No, it's a shortening of the Hebrew form of "Joshua", יְהוֹשֻׁעַ became יְשֻׁעַ . It's basically "Josh".

No.
His Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is a derivative of Yehoshua (Joshua).
It was translated into Greek is Iesous, then Latin as Iesus, then English as Jesus.

> Son of God
> Son God
> Sun God

Really makes you think.

>Our Father in Heaven
>Heaven Father
>Dius Pater
>Iuppiter
>Dzeus Pater
>Zeus Pater

Yeah but Jupiter was iuputer back then.

No when like others have said, his name is actually Joshua.

Not at all, but the new and old testaments are built on the religions which proceeded them, if that's what your seeking. Of course that was only done to rebut said religions, but do with the info what you will.

>Yeshua's name was Jesus!

>Hijo de Dios
>Hijo Dios
>Sol Dios

You realize that only makes sense in english, right?

>Josh, Son of God
Who's Drake and Megan?

if english was good enough for jesus, it's good enough foe me

Drake and Megan
Devil and Man

Yes, that's how puns work

Very convincing argument, you sure showed that superior intellect of yours, am I right XD

Almost every historian of antiquiity believes Jesus was a real person.

However that does not mean they agree that the many events depicted in the bible, such as the death of the innocents or the miracles actually happened. That can easily be explained by his followers trying to make his life resemble prophecy.

I don't think a single pagan in the world would find that type of naming for a God anything less than silly. The Greeks were constantly discovering new Gods, how often did they make their names into a combination of syllabuls from their other Gods?