Is it possible to be a good scientist AND be fit?

Is it possible to be a good scientist AND be fit?

Yes.

Unless scientists don't have a few hours of free time per week.

I fucking hate everybody in my chemistry bachelor courses. All are DYEL and think I must be stupid cuz hurr durr "unlike him I work out at the library". Still am smarter than most and never failed even one exam in my 6 semesters so far.
I know that wasn't the question but fuck me. Fit shaming is real.

followup question, is it possible to be a mad scientist AND be fit

then why is every scientist a dyel/fat

Scientists are generally considered smart
Smart people typically make good decisions
Being healthy is an objectively good decisions
So yeah scientists should be fit or at least healthier than the average person

Bc scientists tend to be they type thats stuck in their own head. It's the same reason they have no fashion sense or social skills they spend all day learning about microbes and reading

it's the same as rich shaming. People will always find ways to project their envy in some way, most of the time its jealousy but other times it's irrational hate

Of course, you won't be able to rely on your Henchmen anyway since they can't aim for shit. You need to be a big guy and get in there, OHP-ing double agents and shit.

very good, as long as i can achieve my actual life goals of being a doctor frankensteinian geneticist and stay fit im happy.

Nanomachines, son.

Literally same, 6th semester chemistry too.
Except people here are fairly based and don`t hate. Where are you from, user?

Black Science Guy used to be fit

Snarky Twitter "the grass" Tyson?

forgot pic

that's during college, isn't it?

why didn't he stay fit after he got out?

Sure

Once you're famous you no longer need to be fit to slam ass

He didn't stay a scientist after college either.

Not a scientist tho

I never understood this, I get making fun of literal gymbros but a regular workout routine and good nutrition really helps with the mental gains.

>Thinking you're an actual scientist after 6 semester.
Come back when you have your PhD.

What is your criteria to be a scientist then?

>never failed one exam
Is this an achievement where you're from?

Ha a PhD from Coloumbia.

My cumulative impact factor is 150 and I'm at 1/2/3/4, i'm 30, you tell me

What is your field, mate?

Currently studying physics and thinking of going for particle physics here

Also my boss got a 5 million grant 2 years ago and he was a world class boulderer in the 80s. I think generally because overall capability applies to many endeavors similarly fit people should achieve higher also in the sciences, but then again lifting takes a lot of time and also cognitive energy away.

Medicine

For physics 150 would be stellar I guess

>Thinking cumulative impact factor is a meaningful metric

What's yr h-index faget

9 according to google scholar.
So what about you? Do you even publish?

How long do you spend at the gym?
Do you go everyday?

My best friend is in medical school and can hardly lift because of studying

I'm doing stem at a research uni and I still have time to lift. It's all about priorities but there are special circumstances

It works if you neglect your social life enough

Home gym, do PPL, 4x/wk, 45-60 minutes each session

Nah, chemists are just cliquey from my experience. You have the super try hards that run the chem club and then there's everyone else who show up for whatever reason they have.
Or it was just my autistic self failing to relate socially to chemists of all people.

>college is a smart decision

this is a good example of an underachievers who projects their envy and shortcomings on people who are superior. The mental version of a manlet

Wildlife biologist here. This.

But there's normally a pretty big difference in attitude and culture between scientists who work in labs and scientists who work outdoors like wildlife biologists and field botanists. Lab jockeys are way more likely to get that pasty, blobby Steve Bannon look.

One guy I work with is a serious surfer. Another runs ultramarathons, rock climbs, and cross-country skis. As a whole, the outdoor science crowd is way more into healthy living and activity.

Science doesn't take much work
t. Scientist

All the guys in my course go gym besides a few autists. Maybe just English culture. It honestly very motivating.

What is it that you do all day?

Proofs

>thinking you're an actual scientist after a PhD
Come back when you've been tenured

My Erdos number is 3. Come at me.

I work in a milk lab.

Farmers send us milk and I test it for quality, and disease if necessary. Have had to tell a farmer to cull his cattle before and they get pretty mad kek.

>layne norton

Yes, it's very possible.

>scientists typically make good decisions
HA HA HA
[spoiler]t. physics grad student[/spoiler]

That he's a scientist or that science doesn't need much work ?

that science doesn't need much work

I see. Well it's kind of meaningless if he doesn't say what he does, and even then once you're there and doing your job from day to day unless you hit a wall it doesn't feel hard because most of the work you had to put to get there is behind you.

>Chriss Duffin

What I Do All Day:
>Get up about 5 AM (or earlier)
>Eat massive breakfast
>Go do whatever survey/data collection I'm scheduled to do for the day
>This normally involves several hours of hiking off-trail and scrambling over rough areas and fallen trees
>Eat lunch
>Nap
>Check over data
>Work out or run, depending on what day it is
>Shower
>Dinner
>Free time to read or fart around online
>Sleep

Winter time is boring time though. November through early April is when I do lots of writing and number crunching and paperwork and equipment repair.

This. People who do this are pretty smart, but the autism levels and mental health issues are absurd. There's supposedly a prominent ornithologist who regularly calls in to talk radio about UFOs, and an intern my department hired was constantly seeing and hearing things that weren't there.

I'm about to finish my chem bachelor's with a 2.5 GPA. Wish me luck staying fit because my brain doesn't work good.

what time do you go to sleep?

10 or 11. Depends on when I have to get up.

Any advice for somebody likely headed in your direction? I'm likely going to major in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at Umich, but don't have much of an idea of what I'd like to do beyond that. As of right now I'm headed in the direction of some type of field scientist.

>The mental version of a manlet

A brainlet

Is this the Veeky Forums dichotomy thread?

Is it possible to be Veeky Forums and a good jazz musician?

GOMAD the profession

I'm in graduate school right now for my master's. Should I go for my PhD? Will I lose all my gains? (not that I really had any in the first place)