How do Americans reconcile the fact that their nation was born out of a small rebel militia fighting against one of the...

How do Americans reconcile the fact that their nation was born out of a small rebel militia fighting against one of the world's most powerful empires on their home, and that their entire culture seems to be built around the idea that small little guys sticking it to the big bad oppressor in the name of freedom and democracy is the morally right thing 100% of the time with the fact that they are the biggest, most powerful empire probably ever, and for the last 70 years have done nothing but stopping small rebel groups on their homeland from attaining freedom? Does the average American even understand the irony?

I mean granted, a lot of those rebel forces were pawns backed by the Soviet Union, but that's not too different from France backing the American militias in order to further their own goals.

Pic unrelated.

>America
>Empire

They're an empire on their own particular Hebrew way.

>have done nothing but stopping small rebel groups on their homeland from attaining freedom?
Pretty sure they weren't after freedom, user.

no, also, you're a piece of human garbage

It was freedom from their point of view.

>small rebel groups on their homeland from attaining freedom?

name 1

humans are inherently hypocrites so therefore this entire thread is moot
also fuck weebs

In ISIS's view they are striving for "freedom" as well. Does that justify their crimes? Can you really hold anyone or anything accountable as long is it is consistent with its own murderous logic?

Please don't contribute to the cycle of people using the term "Empire" for any country that's powerful

Viet Cong

All rebellions are violent and full of atrocious crimes desu

We'll to answer part of your original question, the average American doesn't really think any more about national identity and the unraveling of history than any normal person from any country. Most people are preoccupied with the ins and outs of daily life.

Americans don't fight for freedom from any view other than the American point of view.

we wuz Romanz

well that’s becaus no one else but americans know what freedom is

The USA was created as a god fearing libertarian Anglo-Saxon state yet has developed into a hedonist authoritarian 56% face country.

Sometimes thing just don't go as planned.

that's about as reasonable as asking people to stop abusing the terms "dictator" and "tyrant".

>you're a piece of human garbage

go back to your dan carlin threads

>moot
Who?

HAAHAHA fucking retard

la creatura..

"In wantoness of appetite
In women wine and war
In fire and blood and rapine
In these, my pleasures are..."

What would you use the word "empire" for then?

>From my point of view, it's the Americans who are evil!

>a large group of states that work together under one larger government body
If not an empire, then at the very least, it's a federation/republic
It most definitely is not a country

If they were pawns of the USSR, they were not independent, were they.

If the american militias were pawns of the French they were not independent, were they

communism is not freedom

America is not an empire, and I gather from the character of your sentences that you're an edgy loner that isn't fit to wash scum from the boots of those around him

Pawns? We weren't even allies. We just shared a common interest.

Why should we, were the little guy and the big bad islamists are trying to take our freedom

French didn’t even start lending supplies till the last couple years of the war.

The French fight for French interests, the British fight for British interests, and the Americans fight for American interests.
Relative size is irrelevant.

The French and Americans used to be best buds.
>"Hey, Ameri-bro! Congrats on winning independence. Here's a 305-foot tall giant fucking statue for you guys."
>"Thanks French-bro! I think we might just turn this into a national symbol. Like... a liberty statue or something? I dunno, we'll figure out a good name."

They fund those 'freedom fighters' instead, occasionally.

you can stop getting shit on but it means you have to do the shitting

Then you are truly Muslim!

boomer nuggets of wisdom