INTERMITTENT FASTING

Alright /faggots/ who else is intermittent fasting????

I started Monday and feel great! I'm on a 16/8 split.

Obv there's science behind this shit so who here is doing it and how is it GOING?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
youtube.com/watch?v=nwE4D8Xe8JA
youtube.com/watch?v=uxM_CLsvieE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

down to 14% bf from 24%

fasting for a year now

I've been on it for 4 and a half months. The only bad thing is sometimes you get really sleepy at the worst times, like right in the middle of work. I used to plan my meals so I could eat from 12pm to 7pm, but since I changed turns (I work 4am - 12pm now), I had to accomodate for it, or I would be sleepy the whole time.

Sometimes I get stomach cramps. Like, 2 or 3 times in those 4 months.

113lbs

Started a couple days ago, we'll see what happens. It's not that bad so far

I've been doing it for about 1 and a half month, 16/8 split. Its pretty fucking great, makes hunger control way easier, so i wouldnt cut without it.

How much time will it take for someone at 6'1 205kg 24% bf to get to at least 190kg with fasting on a cut?

You get no benefit until hour 17.
You should be doing 18/6

3 weeks if you apply yourself.

by which application are you contextualizing?

I wake up at 3:30 for because gym too busy during the day, so no IF on lifting days. But on non-lifting days it's great. A little coffee and yohimbine before I hit the track, then no grub till about noon.

205kg 24% bf....?

You're already at least 190kg. That was fast! Good job!

sorry it isn't accurate it's just what i guessed

Im thinking of changing my eating schedule so i can enjoy some "bulletproof" coffee in the morning, but also i want to start on yohimbine again

what do you guys think i should do?

could i do like a 2 part fasting during the day?

>wake up at 7-8
>have my coffee
>don't eat anything else
>yohimbine around noon and do some cardio/work
>eat again around 8 or 9

so my "eating window" would be during the night, when im mostly sleeping. thoughts?

You guessed you were 450 pounds? I'm not trying to get after you but a scale would probably be a wise investment. You can't change what you don't measure.

plz give input, friends

Source?
I've heard that it only takes 12 hours for the fasting "mode" to kick in.

no worries. At 200kg, i would guess more like 35-40%, but it means nothing. Intermitted fasting is not some kind of magic, but it's easyer to stay on a lower calorie diet that way. That is if you can manage 16-18 hours without food. It's hard to overeat in the last hours. I combine it with a keto diet to make it even easyer.

And i forgot to add that this combo wil help heal your insulin resistance, so you dont gain all the weigt back within a week after you end your diet.

what in the FUCK are you talkin friendo? SOURCE

Been on keto ish high fat diet for a few months. Eat two meals a day, breakfast and dinner, because of scheduling shit/convenience. Feel pretty good, have no problem with energy in workouts without any preworkout/caffeine, don't get hungry all day, dont ever think about food unless I'm cooking/eating. It seems to work for me, but I think it would be a lot harder if I wasnt so carb restricted. Everybodys shit is different so experiment on yourself.

Has been going cosy.

Suspect I'm at the point of needing to actually do some amount of calorie counting though.

Which sucks a feminine benis.

Can someone post the intermittent fasting chart? I swore I saved it but I can't find it. The one with the wave curve thing.

So is coffee in the morning okay? as long as I take it black with nothing else in it, and then wait until noon to eat.

been doing 16/8 for around 3 months, doing a cheat day once every week or 2 just so I can wake up and gorge on a high protein meal

I haven't weighed myself in near 3 years and cant really tell if I've made progress because I also take no body pictures. It's pretty easy to do but almost everytime there's like a 2 hour period towards the end of the fast where I'm just fucking miserable and dying to eat something ~ if it wasn't for green tea, I wouldn't make it through most days

yes, thats fine. Supposedly it takes somewhere around 50 calories to knock you out of a "fasted" state, black coffee I THINK will sometimes be labeled with like 1 or 2 calories MAYBE per cup, so drink up.

Plus the caffeine helps with appetite suppression

Yes sir. BLACK AS NIGHT coffee only. No sugar or creamer!

Also, THIS

you have to get gains before you fast

You could try and still use the yohimbine along side the bullet proof coffee in the mornings. To my knowledge Yohimbine stops working after the presence of insulin, but if all you've had is bullet proof coffee there shouldn't be too much insulin? Idk about this actually but that's my immediate thoughts. Some other user might have better knowledge.

I've never eaten breakfast, and I sleep better if I don't eat anything after dinner, so I've been accidentally doing IF since forever.

coffee made that way has butter and coconut oil in it though, which seems like it would counteract Yohimbine...but i guess neither of those things trigger an insulin release, so maybe it would work together

How do you guys avoid feeling tired and weak while doing IF?
I'm up at 6 am, and I've got uni from 8 - 3, and I don't eat until 1 or 2 and its rough as shit. Especially when I have a test during a morning class, I feel like my brain isnt firing on all cylinders until I've eaten.

Help Veeky Forums

Caffeine in ungodly amounts

Yeah I've been drinking like 2 pots of coffee a day for a few years now lol.

you've probably just built up a tolerance to it, then.

Yeah I definitely have. I was just replying as to how we eliminate the mindfog from fasting in the mornings.

Ideally, you want to avoid getting to the point where I am at with coffee so that you can reap all the alertness and nootropic effects of the black coffee for as long as possible.

I do drink lots of coffee, but black coffee is disgusting and if I dont keep my water intake up as well I get headaches

OP here, this is what I'm afraid of.

I have some """natural"""" caffeine supps (guarana(sp)) to help with any fatigue. Haven't noticed much though.

How about sips?

Don't be such a fucking pussy. Going a few days without food is no big deal.

Yeah it turns out that, since it's just straight fat with no protein or carbs, it causes no insulin reaction so i can totally mix Yo and BPC. Hell yeah

what is the rest of your diet like?

Can you have sips while fasting?

No calories, so yeah

Been doing IF for a few months unknowingly because I just feel more alert if I didn't eat breakfast. Turns out it's a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

people need to get educated.

This is the most comprehensive video explanation of keto diet and intermittend fasting (or fasting in general).

as a biomedical science student who is currently practicing medical sonography. This makes complete sense.

Theres 15 or so calories in a no sugar monster
Maybe I'll start drinking coke zero again. I saw there's a cherry flavor now

I've got 2g's of yohimbine powder atm too so I'll give it a shot too.

Rest of my diet is generally something like 1 cup of walnuts, a hamburger patty or ground beef pre-workout, and then 4-5 whole eggs with a 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.

Lately though I've had a bunch of smoked chicken breasts that I brought back to my apartment with me from my parents so I've been eating that and then some cottage cheese before bed. yum

No idea if that's ideal, I'm bouncing in and out of keto which has been kind of rough but I've had results. My macro's are around 70% fats 25% protein and 5% carbs. Kcals between 1700-2000

I was doing IF last fall and was so much leaner than I am now. I went off it to "bulk" over the winter..like many people, used bulking as an excuse to eat terribly.

Back on the IF, cutting for summer. Plan to stay on IF year round. Great for staying lean.

oh, my bad, i don't drink Sips v.1.0, i've moved on to Sips v.2.0 here

that's almost exactly how my diet is structured except for the cottage cheese. Do you find that that many walnuts makes your mouth dry? I can never eat too many at a time because of that and i don't know if its just me or the nuts. I usually stick to almonds

hmm. can't say i ever noticed that with the walnuts m8

>I went off it to "bulk" over the winter..like many people, used bulking as an excuse to eat terribly.

>thought the same way
>then went through a breakup

40 lbs REEEEE

The white ultra? Zero calories so the label says

Yes, I'm on 18/6. If I let myself snack I cheat.

>5 hours
>Still not delivered

Just started 16/8 like a week ago and I already lost 3 pounds, I know it's water weight but it feels good and my face seems a little slimmer. Hopefully I can lose 26lbs before summer beings, that's my goal so far.

Look better, it says 5cals per 100ml

Woops, I meant 3cals per 100ml

I just skim read Jason Fung's fasting book so here's the tl;dr

calories in/calories out == false == one compartment ideology

normal meals mean glucose store is never empty throughout day == never adjusting hormones to run body using fat store (which btw can convert it to ample glucose) == a.k.a two compartment idea == fasting will burn more fat than low carb given the same calories over the long-term thanks to hormones but fasting makes it easier to have even less calories and keep more muscle mass.

You must be doing something wrong if you're getting sleepy, don't break your fast with a massive meal.....save the large meal before you begin the fast.

Been on it for a bit under 2 months. More on like a 20-4 split or less

Am cutting so thats kewl

Just started today. Thought It'd be worse than it was waiting for my first meal. But then it'll probably be worse tomorrow since I'll be a full day into it by then.

24 hour fasting here, when I get home or just have a day off I eat like a disgusting glutton though so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I do IF out of necessity, no time to eat in the morning, but I don't feel any different. I'm definitely leaner though.

I wake up at 7:15am and don't start eating until 9:30am. I stop eating at 7pm.

IF is for sissies who can't tolerate a little hunger. Three day fasts where only water and tea are allowed where it's at. A little bit under a day left for me.

>Three day fasts where only water and tea are allowed

are a type of intermittent fasting, you silly goose.

>205kg 24% bf
Are you livestock

Redpill me on Yohimbine
What does it do? Does it work?

I loved it but it's only a realistic meal plan if you're trying to lose weight or sustain weight. Very hard to gain on IF unless you can autistically plan every single meal down to the minute and execute at random times of the day.

That being said it was actually really comfy to have coffee for breakfast and then eat a huge lunch at noon. Feasting like a fat shit and having no ill side effects is fucking great.

Hey if you're drinking coffee during your fast it will still break your fast. It has shit for calories, but apparently your body has to put in work to digest it.

Help oxidize fat particularly in stubborn areas through inhibition or beta receptors. Its also a stim so if your sensitive watch out for sides. However it is hopeless if your diet is not on check and must be used while doing fasted cardio (no hiit it weights)

Unfortunately I am not a NEET. Intermittent fasting would be impossible to sustain.

>it's impossible to save time by eating less often

Do you spend all your feeding time window at home eating every 1-2 hours ? You gonna tell me it doesn't kill your energy levels due to blood sugar and insulin ?

There are people that actually go home to only sleep and need to have constant energy levels during the day. Uni, work, extracurricular activities.

I did IF for 4 months (20/8 for 2 months and 20/4 for another 2 months). While I was fasting I was always on top of the game, when I ate even a smallest meal my productivity, alertness and wakefulness would go down the toilet.

Thats my personal experience with it, anecdotal evidence and all.

so just eat one big meal before bed. look up the warrior diet.

High amount of caffeine can trigger insulin, i wouldnt drink anymore than 2 cups. Also caffeine can increase cortisol (stress) and prevent weight loss

source me you fucking nigger

>Punt Hardpec

???

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

tired of people spewing out bullshit claims like this to other people.

Thermogenics like ephedrine and clen impair insulin sensitivity which will limit the effectiveness of your CARB LOADING.. High doses of caffeine do as well but this only IMPLIES TO THOSE WHO ARE ON CARB REFEED.

dude 2 pots of coffee? Not all people trigger insulin though depends how healthy you are. BUT it will increase cortisol and prevent weight loss but again just the right amount can speed your digestive system and start ketogenesis faster

I still have 600 calories to eat but I feel full as fuck, what do I do? My window to eat is gone btw

I've just started doing 16/8 IF. Easier than I thought it would be desu. Through my research I found that working out in a fasted state is ideal. But my question is, how long after your workout should you break your fast? Is there something specific you should eat post-workout? And is there a difference for cardio and weights?

When do you guys find is the best time to exercise without feeling like shit?
During the middle of your fast or towards the end?

Towards the end because i actually have the most energy then, after fast when i eat i feel like the food has more effect on me so i get more tired. i find i get more strength as well

here's something close, around 2:50

youtube.com/watch?v=nwE4D8Xe8JA

Doing it as well.

5'9" 190lbs.

Tried going to lift yesterday without having anything in my stomach for 14 hours. I was doing 3x8 225 bench and I almost lost my neck and head on the last rep of the last set. Saved myself with the lowest bar rack.

I need to be more careful and lift only after I have food.

I need get down to 175 by June. I'm not sure if it's possible but I'm going for it.

Just heard about this. I have a few questions though, can I still sip and chew gum during the fast or is it just water I can drink? I was thinking of doing a 20:4 fast and eat around 4pm -> 8pm with my workouts starting at 8pm so I'd be good to go or should it be 3pm -> 7pm so I don't run the risk of cramping or something?

15 pounds in 2 and a half months isn't too high of a goal, you'll be fine

This must be bait, no one is this stupid.

>tfw caffeine nonresponder

I'll never be able to IF like you fags

>TFW caffeine makes me nauseous during a fast
Quit being a pussy and push through it. You don't need caffeine to do IF.

It's so hard. I'll be sitting at my desk at work and no matter how busy I try to stay I just get hungry. It's much easier for me to skip lunch and eat breakfast

No, coffee actually isn't alright. It still activates shit in side you.

youtube.com/watch?v=uxM_CLsvieE

They talk alot about fasting in this Joe Rogan Podcast towards the end

I started IF years ago before I started browsing Veeky Forums

I started by literally only eating every couple days, and can now fast for 7 days without any real effects asides from feeling cold, and have lost almost 7 kilos in weight in a week before, about 3.5 kilo pure fat, 1 kilo water retention, 1.5 kilo food in system, and 1 kilo muscle saturation (muscle sat recovers entirely after about 2 days lifting.)

I now cannot stop IF, it is normal to me.

I eat once, sometime twice a day, and never have breakfast unless I need extra morning energy (sometimes /sips/ and some fruit/oats.)

It works a fucking treat.

>tfw natural diet was 2 meals a day 6 hours apart
>tfw trying to bulk as a 6'6 physically active lanklet
>tfw trying to cram 4000+ calories in 6 hour span

it's hard as fuck especially if you don't dirty bulk

same boat, i realised i was doing IF without realising. Would wake at 6, uni from 8-5, eat lunch at like 12, gym at 5 and dinner at 7. You just need to power through it mate, once you go a few weeks you just kinda get used to it. Now i wake up, drink water and go to class and kill it.

Caffeine on the hard days only, save your tolerance for exam time you idiot

it sometimes feels like someone did this and decided to turn it into a diet. You and I have been skipping breakfast for some time now due to our own feelings and it turns out its some diet a dude sells

well you would think it is common sense to just eat less to lose weight (done most easily by eating fewer meals, especially when you are busy)

but then retards convinced other retards for the last 20 years that eating breakfast """""boosts your metabolism""""" enough to not only compensate for the breakfast calories but more on top.

now the concept of not eating an extra meal to lose weight is somehow a new idea again

Don't listen to these idiots, fasting mode kicks in when you have an insulin drop, roughly after 4 hours or so without eating

anyone have info on starting intermittent fasting?