QTDDTOT

Today I added 20lbs to my 5rep squat for two of my three sets and failed the last rep of the second so I stripped off 40lbs and did 5more, then added 10 more lbs and did another set

Last leg day I had fucking jelly legs immediately after my last set of squats which I always do first. But today my legs feel great

I definitely was going to parallel because in the mirror my hips looked like they were lower than my knees

I hadn't eaten at all before the gym because I forgot to grab my lunch but took 2 scoops of preworkout

I'm confused Veeky Forums did I fuck up or something?

Some people lift better fasted. Couldn't tell you why and I'm not going to speculate on it because I don't have my degree in broscience yet.

>Some people lift better fasted.
that doesn't make any sense to me.

Long story short I'm training to join the military. I run a 5k and do a body weight routine consisting of press ups, pull-ups, sit ups and chin ups 3 days 1 off.

I felt that my delts were lacking so I've added a 3x3 set of the klokov press to hit side delts. However, after I'd finished my lats were in enormous amount of pain. Is this just because I'm not used to the movement, form, or have I overworked lats?

Not other user, but mt friend always lifts on an empty stomach filled with 2 scoops. Lifts like a mad man while i MUST have food in me or else i just cannot function while i lift.

I can't overhead press the bar for even one rep yet. What do you recommend to do to help myself to be able to do that?

Would it be suitable to create a thread with my location, or university, and try to meet someone to help me lift/general advice? Or would that be considered spam?
I saw the person who made the UT thread, but didn't want to flood the board with shit.

i can guarantee no one wants to lift with you breh, you sound beta as fuck.

>c-c-c-can i m-make a thread?
kys

Which UT?

Texas or Tennessee?

Get your upperbody stronger.

Just trying not to shitpost. Figured it'd be good to weigh my options first.
Thanks for that though. Real informative.

Texas. But that's not me. I was using it as a point of reference. I'm at UNCG.

Are tortillas Veeky Forums approved? Wheat or corn?

My right arm is hugely stronger than my left arm.

I can do 12x30lb bicep curl on my right arm
But my left arm gets struggles to get 8.

Not only that but I do fairly labor intensive work such as shoveling and my right arm is my lifting arm at the head of the shovel so i guess it naturally got this way.

How do I fix or do I just accept this.

dumbbell press with baby weight, or even a shoulder press machine.

What's better during a cut, rice or oats?

oats obviously

What to put flaxseeds in? Looking to add that sweet fiber to my diet

Friend recommended Bulbine to me since he said he's made some seriously good progress on it.
Can't find any reliable sources on the internet with regards to effectiveness, safety, cycles, side effects.

Has anyone had any experience with it?

God damn you're weak nigga. But only thing you can do is use less weight. If it's too heavy, you're not strong enough yet. Not hard to understand

Accept it. It's normal considering that most people are dominant on one side, typically the right side. You can accommodate it however by simply working out the weaker side more. It'll never be even because you will always use your dominant side more in most activities but you can reduce the offset

Is 155 at 6'0" skelly mode? I'm at roughly 15% BF

Oats

Is it bad to work on abs more than once a day?

I found scooby's ab workout vids and he has a 3 minute a day workout that you can do every day or every other day. Can I do the 3 minute workout say 2 times a day for faster results or would this just overwork the muscles?

I am recovering from a few pretty bad injuries that put me out for a year. Here are my stats:

6'3"
210lbs
S: 255x5
B: 175x5
D: 315x5

I went to SL and am still making gains, but currently cutting. Should I just ride out SL until I hit 190?

What do I do after SL? Madcow or Texas method?

5/3/1 after one of those?

Main goal is strength, but hypertrophy is bretty gud too.

I should have mentioned my goal is 190lbs and then I plan to bulk pretty hard again.

Yes. I'm 6'0 150 12% and I feel skelly.

At 6' anything under 160-165 is skelly

currently cutting,
will it become much harder to finish my reps because of the calorie deficet?

What brand of whey would you guys recommend for a lifting noob? I'm pretty broke, so the cheaper the better

I've been running 531 for 7 months or so now, and I've been making really good progress on my lower body lifts, not as good on upper. im ok with that, but I think this summer I might want to try another program out for fun, to break some of the monotony
with that in mind, what would be a good program if I'm looking to get into strongman but dont have access to really any of the implements? Still 531? or another program? I'm really looking to increase my pressing strength as well as overall strength, which kinda rules out something like sheiko etc.

What resistance training should a fatty do? I'm just gonna keep asking this until the end of team because nobody answers questions on here.

Is it bad to do bench and then the very next day doing clean & press? It doesn't seem like my front delts or triceps do much work on the C&P

Yes, but do them both at the same time. Like don't do one at breakfast and one at dinner, do them back to back

just do a beginner LP from the sticky like anyone else
only difference is you can do it while cutting since you have spare calories

thanks a bunch user

What's the best thing to get rid of morning wood? Sometimes it lasts longer than 15 minutes.

Is there anything I can do to stop capillaries in my face from bursting when I squat heavy and brace?

That Greyskull is fantastic too. I'd personally add power cleans and dumbbell bench, but that's just personal preference.

Fap left handed

Wrist curl x F

Should I get a belt?

I've been at the gym for a month and one week now, my squat is at 225 lbs and 275, but I always feel like I get close to getting a hernia. Just had some pain in my groin once I got home today. Even though the pain went away within 15 minutes of me just resting at home, I've been worried about hurting myself.

If it matters, I'm 215 pounds and 6'4".

What should every weightlifter be doing to prevent injury?

I feel like in general the beginner LPs have the unspoken addendum of "also do one or two more 3x8-12 sets of whatever mirror muscles you want if you have energy"

even Rippetoe is like "yeah do some curls if you want big arms, I don't give a fuck"

wear a belt
leave ego at the door

Moving from my homegym to a regular gym.

Advice on where to get workout clothes that aren't an assraping on my wallet?

I was thinking just picking up some basic teeshirts that breath easy and some shorts or something from walmart.

rice with beans/lentils/chickpeas is the most cost efficient way to get more protein in your diet on a budget, but if you REALLY want whey you can't go wrong with MyProtein

yeah mix of stuff from like target/walmart and random shit that was on clearance at tj max / ross

Yeah was thinking about just grabbing shit from ross, goodwill, or tj max.

Did some looking up and it appears little to no one gives a shit what dudes wear to a gym, but fuck if there isn't a shit load of womens clothes

What clothes can I wear to the gym to show off that I'm low bf

I just wear the same clothes I wore when I was a fucking skelly and you can see I'm a little bigger in them but they aren't very revealing.

a singlet

You can't tell depth well from the mirror in front of you. It gives you a deceptive angle. Record yourself from the side for the truth.

Lmao this one actually made me laugh aloud
Thanks user

I've literally lifted in board shorts, rash guard, and chukkas because they were what I had in my car. Maybe some weird looks but not a big deal. It's this Venn diagram where the only people who notice are too autistic to talk to you about it.

Goodwill is a good idea.

Grab one of the 15 lb EZ bars and start with that. Add weight over time until you can do the regular 45 lb bar.

Starting shoveling with the left for a bit.

Oat bran. Tastes just like steel cut oats, but has fewer calories, more protein, and more fiber per 40 gram serving.

Yes, that is pretty skelly. You need to be at least 180 to look pretty fit.

You should do your program until it stops working. Not an arbitrary body weight or pounds you can lift.

Literally any beginner strength training program is fine.

Depends on your overall program. There's nothing "bad" about what you've said though.

Not really, apart from not lifting so heavy or having a weaker valsalva.

A belt will not prevent a hernia. A belt is used to brace your abs against, so that you can squeeze harder, increase your intraabdominal pressure more, and stabilize your spine. If anything, a belt INCREASES your chances of getting an inguinal hernia, due to the fact your intraabdominal pressures can go higher. If you think you have a hernia, see a doctor. You can fucking die from bowel incarceration.

Yeah not too worried about appearances but would rather not look like a total sore thumb. If I look normal enough that is fine.

Do you do 1 RMs? If not you should rather try to strenghten your core, fix your form and consider dropping the weight if you feel like you're about to sbap your shit up instead of getting a belt to keep your midsection stable. After 1.5 months in the gym I personally see no need for a belt unless you have a medical condition.
Don't egolift.

Is it okay to bench press right on my (home gym) power rack's safety bars instead of racking it overhead? It strains my shoulders to bend my arms backwards and carefully rack it, especially after heavy reps

You shouldn't have to swing the bar back more than a couple inches to rack it. If you're having to move more than that, you need to slide further down the bench.

I fucking want that box

Someone tell me where to order them

When do I switch from a beginners strength routine to a different one? When I have reached 1/2/3/4?

Starting to look like doorbrah (thick core)

Any tips for dat sugar glider mode wide lats?

>even Rippetoe is like "yeah do some curls if you want big arms, I don't give a fuck"
>but wait until everyone's gone bro

if i boil vegies or chicken shoul i drink that water that i was boild into for protons and vitamins?

It's a wooden bento box, you can find a ton on Amazon.

Pls be a grill

Chinese boxing

> I stripped off 40lbs

I'm looking at buying a barbell set and a rack off of gumtree. What kind of properties should I be looking for?

lol, off the bar brother.

I can't keep my balance during chest dips, how the fuck do I stop swinging?

go slow
tighten core

Pull-ups. If you can do them yet - do cable rows, face pulls and barbell rows to build a strength base for doing unassisted pull-ups.

Once you can do pull-ups, your lats will explode unlike anything you've ever seen. Progress that would have taken a year to get with lat pulldowns and lat isolation will take months will actual pull-ups.

when you stop progressing, duh

Short answer: when the beginner routine doesn't work anymore.

Long Answer: if you mean to reach 4/3/2/1 as 1RM for the big 4 keep going; if you get to 4/3/2/1 as 5RM, switch to an intermediate to get those up to submaximal working weights. However this is all contingent on your relative weight. If you're a 200lbs'er getting to 4/3/2/1 shouldn't be as hard as if you were a 140lbs'er.
Also take note that progress for all four lifts will not be parallel- you may have a 3 plate squat well before you have a 2 plate bench- again this hinges on your relative size, and genetic predisposition to strength balances.
You may find that progress will stall out for you bench and press well before that of you squat and deadlift- keeping yourself on a linear routine just to get two, or one (since OHP is notoriously finicky even withing elite circles of strength training/powerlifting) lift up at the sacrifice of switching to a more beneficial program for the lifts in which you are more gifted may be doing yourself a disservice, especially if competition is something you might have in mind for the future.

Hey, me again
(cont.)
If you need help, or a refresher on how progress in a linear beginner program works (and because I'm on already on a roll)
here it is:
(assuming it's a 3x5 like SS) If while linearly progressing you stall out on the first set, do not re-attempt the next week- drop down 20% and reset progression, if you stall out on the second set drop down 15% and reset progression, if you stall out on the final set, preferably missing no more than two reps, reattempt the weight the next time you have the exercise, and if you make it continue linearly progressing. However, if you cannot hit the weight a second time, drop down 10% and reset progress.
Once you've dropped down 20% and reset progress 3 times for a lift, go from daily linear progression, to weekly linear progression- only add 5 lbs. to the lift on a weekly basis, while still using the stall out protocol from before hand. Once you've stalled out weekly progress, switch to bi-weekly progress, while using the same stalling protocol.
In general I'm of the opinion that once you've gotten to bi-weekly progress for all four lifts, and have had to reset at least 3 times on each lift while progressing bi-weekly- that's when you're done with the beginner program, and can switch to an advanced beginner/true intermediate program, which in general is actually a weekly 3-4 times a week 5x5 program like SL, Texas Method, Madcow, etc. etc.

Hope my incessant ramblings can be helpful to you, or any other lurker.

start with a 10 lbs bar if they have it, or use light dumbbells.
Also eat well, and get proper sleep!

Will squats quit hurting my neck and shoulders once I get used to them? The bar is killing my skelly body the next day.

White compression shirt that's half a size too small, and always stand in the parts of the gym with the best half-natty lighting.

Any good jump rope recommendations?

I have a p90x weighted rope and a speed rope I bought from target and I'm tired of whipping the shit out of my arm and back every time I mess up.

don't mess up

then don't mess up

shid

Is the reddit beginner PPL a decent routine? Some of the accessories throw me off a bit, but it looks better put together than my current hacked up SS+accessories lineup

obviously you're not skilled enough to do it correctly at the speed you're doing now so try slowing down and not messing up

What was the formula for recommended protein intake? 1 lb per gram of bodyweight or something?

lean body mass
calculate your body fat percentage and then subtract the lbs of fat from your total weight do that many grams of protein

After working out for months I went to the doctor and was told I have something called als and miserable malaligment syndrome. I'm gonna be dead by next winter. What's something nice to do besides fitness? I don't want to die without doing something fun.

Should I count steps (and gym sessions) with MyFitnessPal while trying to maintain weight? Just finished up a cut and am not sure what exercise I should be counting. Was easier when I was just trying to lose weight.

Take this OC

Is bulking a meme?

I have been lifting a couple years and every time i bulk my strength does not increase by any significant margin but my body weight does go up.

After bulking i end up fat and need to cut, which ends up with losing like 20% of my strength.

I have started eating at maintenance for the last 3-4 months and my strength is as good as it was at the peak of my 8 month bulk but i am 10kg lighter and the progress is not slowing.

How much do 1g of fish oil with 600mg omega 3 / day help with lifting?

This has been incredibly helpful, especially about deloads. Thank you very much.

Can I add extra exercises to Stronglifts?

If I want hypertrophy what kind of stuff would I add?

I'm a beginner btw, two weeks into Stronglifts.

natty?

Yup.

I get sick so damn often, especially flu. How can I boost my immune system? Multivitamins ain't doing shit for me.

try apple cider and vinegar

My DL is at around 125kg x 5, what weight should I warm up with?

Currently doing 80x10, 90x5, 110x3 as warmup, but I have no clue if that's too much or too little

Make yourself sick.
Your immune system needs to work out. Go eat a handful of dirt or lick a public handrail.

Stop letting your immune system be a lazy piece of shit.

My teeth are a bit yellower than I'd like, even though I brush and floss daily. Does whitening mouthwash really work?

Why don't the calories and macros add up in pic related? If I do the math 19.8g(x4) + 7g(x4) + 2.7g(x9) = 131.5 calories, so why does the USDA say 100 calories? Even worse, my brand of spirulina says there is 160 calories in 4g protein, 1g fat, 2g carbs, what the fuck is going on?