Things that suck about getting fit

What are some things that are negative or suck about fitness and going to the gym?

I find the negatives oddly motivating

>Costs money
>Takes time
>You go through new sets of clothes more often than a baby
>Grocery spend goes up

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html
metro.co.uk/2015/01/28/chef-lost-21-stone-after-friend-text-him-fat-f-every-day-for-six-weeks-5040205/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My gym is very cheap only 30$ per month food is cheap for me bc farmer I want a potato I walk outside and yank a potato lol the clothing issue is the only one that gets me but i dont mind since I have No fashion sense and This give me the opportunity to constantly try new styles

People automatically assume you're dumb

women look at you

I'll share some things I've noticed

>after noob gains the plateau afterwards feels awful
>finding a real gym and even though you're 1/2/3/4 you still feel like a weak pussy compared to the others around you
>this
>nobody will ever understand when you can't do social events or otherwise because you want to keep up your training
>fruitlessly trying to get your fat and obese friends to get their shit together to save their lives

fucking farts

My gym is dirt cheap it's like $60 a month

I began to start thinking all girls would want me because of my nice body. So I put in less effort myself or in my personality.

When I was a skinny DYEL I spent more time on other aspects like being a good talker and listener, getting good haircuts and nice clothes.

Needless to say I got laid more often when I was a DYEL.

He is not squatting very deep. Ankle flexibility issues?

The last one hits home the most. If I went from fat to fit, anybody can do it

I spend so much god damn money on food

The first winter after my cut was brutal to me. So fucking cold without that fat.

>people assume you're dumb and a douchebag
>people ask for fitness/diet advice which they never follow because its not easy to change
>friends want to come to the gym, mess up my workout and quit after a week/month
>girls feel more insecure about their body during sex
>body dismorphia
>most clothes don't fit off the rack
>evergrowing hate towards the fat fuckers

I actually think that eating healthy is relatively cheap. Because you wont spend as much money on fastfood and snacks.
Where i live gyms are kinda expensive, i pay 64€/month and the average person earns about 700-800€ a month. Not really a problem for me but an annoying excuse for the fats and DYELs.

you become gay

Hungry 75% of the day, especially when fasting.

Wew, where do you live? I am from central europe and average salary is 890€ but gym costs 20€/month. How is your so expensive?

having to constantly worry about food intake

Estonia. There are cheaper options but I believe not under 40€. Not in the bigger cities at least.

This. Holy shit I miss being 120 pounds and barely eating, it was so nice.

how do I get my Bro to eat more?

Fuck these people in particular.

I'm a recovery fattie so it's actually cheaper for me.

Yeah OP, the clothes and the food are the biggest pains in my ass. All my jeans have rips around the thighs and crotch now from getting thicc legs. Jeans are fucking expensive man.

>>Takes time
This is the only valid one.

I /homegym/ and iv only spent maybe $200 on bars and plates. Not a serious lifter but it's much cheaper then paying monthly for a gym.

Going through sets of clothes, I just go to the good will and use homeless cloths for workout. $2 a shirt, $5 for pants.

>Grocery spend goes up
Mine went down by a lot.
I learned how to cook and i'm not blowing money on crap like chips.

On the other hand I'm a swole autist with love shyness and although I get looks from girls and I know I'm a great guy, in the end they will end with some smartass successful talkative twig

>body dysmorphia
>even entry level knowledge is wizardry to normies
>normies don't believe anything you say
I'm Xmen 1 logan mode, but the bs people believe is unreal

My gym is $12.99 a month if you go between 11 am and 3 pm. Two squat racks that are usually free. Great for students or NEETs.

counting macros to make sure I'm maximizing my gains like in bulking gaining as much muscle possible with as less fat possible

I cant bring myself to estimating or whatever since I know it's just wasted tim when I could be doing it properly

>gopniks
>russians
>absolut vodka

Yah those people are cuck numale fags. What do you expect from redditors anyways?

My arms fall asleep really easily.

"Nice Guy"

Get american eagle jeans

>Pic?

>normies don't believe anything you say

I love this one. I meet a new group of people and someone comment something like "wow, you have big arms, you must train a lot, bla bla, ...", we start talking about lifting and somehow there is always some weak ass faggot who tries to argue with me about how things should be done to get swole.

Fuck me too, I wonder why? Must be getting too joocy, muscles mass pinching off veins and arteries

>>Costs money
No, not really
>>Takes time
It's fun though
>>You go through new sets of clothes more often than a baby
Depends on your initial size and goals
>Grocery spend goes up
No

This desu, I've pretty much stayed the same clothes sizes just look a lot more snug as intended on the models

I got a bunch of nice, button-up shirts to help me look professional and go with my suit I got as a graduation present. Started getting Veeky Forums and cutting to be able to handle police academy. Now, three months after buying them, all my shirts are too loose. I'm glad I'm making progress, but it's annoying that half my closet is unusable now.

Still a long way to go

Same.

We fell for the bulking meme brehs. See you guys at the insulin dispensary.

>average reddit user

Holy shit so thats whats causing it? I thought i was gonna start losing limbs or was dying because my arms would start falling asleep while standing in public transport and shit like that

man you should really shave, at least your fucking stomach

Shave it all off, or just thin it?
I'm a pretty hairy guy anyway

>shaving
Get a load of this fucking faggot

yep, less cushioning between nerves and whatever surface youre resting them on, ever notice how your legs probably fall asleep on the toilet now too?

>girls with bf are flirting at me more and their bfs are intimated by me presence, even thought im nice to them i can see their hate
>people asking for help and when i give it they just ignore it
>hard to find fitting clothes cheap
>constantly thinking about training

>constantly thinking about training
b-brother

Iktfb.

>going on walk with friends
>quiet
>friends poke me, ask what I'm thinking about
>I was thinking of adding incline DB press to my program on B days and wondering if the soreness in my left shoulder was tendonitis or just bad sleeping position
>"Oh, just job stuff"

>user i'm trying to blablablawomenshealthblablabla
>zone out and start wondering what muscle group i've been ignoring
>user i've tried everything
>have you tried "Veeky Forums sticky 101" advice
>no user that's too hard blablabla
>wonder if doing leg curls makes me look gay

>dress shirts are either too tight on the chest or too boxy and loose around the waist
>friends think you're ditching because you'd rather go to the gym after work instead of smoke weed and play vidya with them
>being obsessed with eating and getting stressed out if I haven't eaten enough every day
>having higher standards in who I find attractive as I become more fit
>losing interest/respect in people that don't train consistently or enjoy lifting
>being asked for fitness advice and giving thoughtful responses only for them to be ignored

Not sure if this is a negative but after a couple years
>lose interest in whatever type of lifting you primarily do and bounce around to different styles without ever making huge progress in any.
Started bodybuilding, moved to power lifting, got interested in oly lifts...sometimes I even do crossfit. Now I do a little of everything throughout the week and it's a lot more fun due to the variety, but I feel like it's not effective at all.

>wonder if doing leg curls makes me look gay
Fuck the haters, you've gotta look after your hamstrings breh

I do SL Deads instead, but just wondering about the curls since my glutes are seriously lacking

>my glutes are seriously lacking
Well then you might as well go full-homo and add barbell hip-thrusts. Be a good exercise in getting you out of your comfort zone and working on your no fucks given attitude too.

>hardmode: maintain eye contact with the swolest guy in the gym while performing hip-thrusts

I spend most of my free time tinkering with my routine so I can get to 3/4/5/6 just that little bit faster, or even ever.

It really pisses my wife off though

you forgot to add
>at the top of each rep let out a sharp "no homo"

>girls with bf are flirting at me more and their bfs are intimated by me presence, even thought im nice to them i can see their hate
This is so annoying.

ALso I hate it when skinnyfat guys half my size starts giving me advice on how to gains/lift

>What are some things that are negative or suck about fitness and going to the gym?

Every time I go into the locker room I have to let the locker room attendant stick his finger in my asshole "to check for contraband." Anyone else sick of this policy at their gym?

Will do, though i somehow keep forgetting to activate my glutes

What is this bullshit

>body dysmorphia

Neah its not that you do look like shit.

Keep working at it tho

th-thanks senpai appreciate the honesty

>>having higher standards in who I find attractive as I become more fit
Flip side of this for me- I now get talked to by attractive girls and my first thought is
>She's pranking you

And I have no experience or idea how to interact with attractive confident females

Damn you success

they're just bored because they're used to working hard bro

>first start lifting
>bombarded with memes and such
>no fucking what to do
>waste a year finding right path
>getting Veeky Forums but angry over wasted time

>early mornings
>sometimes i get a headache afterwords if I do pushups
>protein shake tastes like ass and sometimes makes me nauseous

>waste a year finding right path
Is this bait? What's the right path?

>and my first thought is she's pranking you
I'm like this, only because i'm self aware about my failings

Then i just yolo it

leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html

Holy shit. My arms have been falling asleep a lot recently, specially in class, and I'm not that big.
I was wondering what was causing it.

It's funny because "douche" in French is shower and I only shower at the gym.
Ok it's not funny.

Not that it isnt prefferable to being out of shape but if you're natty and lean/ripped everyone expects you to be strong and big which you're not and when you're bulking and built everyone expects you to have visible abs.

wtf? is that some kind of ad for adidas and vodka?

>fitness
once you get the flow going, you end up eating badly and drinking.

Your perception of what strong and big is gets pushed further away faster than you gain.

>drinking too much milk
>seeing old men's balls in the locker room

That run-on sentence jesus christ. I 100% believe youre a farmer.

Shower really frequently. Skin dries out and need to moisturize. There costs even more money and takes even more time.

You guys are either new to lifting or on roids. In the past 3 years I went up 1 shirt size and pants waist line got a tad bit smaller which I just bought a belt.

You cant be growing that fast if you werent either of those things. Or your just cultivating mass right?

That's fucking funny.

>Grocery spend goes up

Actually when I started counting calories I also started keeping track of the price of each meal I ate. As a result my grocery spending went down as I optimized for nutrition and price while minimizing the impact on taste. I do miss eating fruit and veggies but the calories to price ratio of those is just terrible and it's so much cheaper to get micros from a pills.

>between changing for and after the gym and the time in the gym, that's 2 hours a day dedicated to working out

>feel more guilty about downing that pizza and ice cream.

>added protein requirement increases food cost

>counting calories/ keeping track of what you eat and STICKING TO IT.

>pills over vegetables
m8

Forgot...

>cutting WAY back on alcohol and drugs... like get drunk once every few months. No drinking between.

The moment you start trying to get fit, everyone judges you continuously on your progress, often harshly and ironically when they do no exercise at all

If you dont life, people couldnt give less of a shit about your ability to lift

I did barbell hip thrusts for the first time yesterday. I'm gay now.

>cutting WAY back on alcohol
How do I do this? Life is ridiculously uninteresting without alcohol.

i think the non-essential nutrients in fruits and vegetables that have all those health-improving effects would have only marginal effects, if you're already healthy without deficiencies and exercise regularly. That's the only thing they have that can't be gotten from other sources.

>How do I do this? Life is ridiculously uninteresting without alcohol.

I know it is boring without alcohol. The only good thing is that your tolerance goes down, so when you get drunk... it's a lot better than getting trashed all the time.

You just got to man up and focus on your gains, and other shit. Then every few months let loose a night or two.

Clothes don't fit my shoulders

$60 a month
Holy shit does it come with free steroids?
>be me
>not you
>25 bucks a month for brick wall , steel beam warehouse gym

>You go through new sets of clothes more often than a baby
Maybe you should stop roiding then

I'm fucking glad I was born without alcoholic genes despite the fact that my dad was an alcoholic who died in his fifties after trying to go sober for the first time in his life. The taste is fine but being drunk just doesn't feel enjoyable to me, it just makes me tired, so I never take more than two drinks.

>tfw one of your best friends who used to browse Veeky Forums with you and was doing well in the gym stopped working out and gained probably 40lbs

I dont know if i should try to encourage him or just let him figure it out himself.

ask him if he wants to make it

I shit much more frequently and in larger, softer quantities. However I typically only have to wipe once or twice so it evens out.

metro.co.uk/2015/01/28/chef-lost-21-stone-after-friend-text-him-fat-f-every-day-for-six-weeks-5040205/