Why were the Highlands cleared?

Why were the Highlands cleared?

anglos discovered the joy of shooting 1000s of pheasants and turned much of scotland into a game reserve

English fuckery

Why aren't their names given in the sign? Would like to know who I'm pissing off.

>implying it was the English and not other Scots

is like in ck2 when you turn a tribal holding into a feudal

It was lowland scots, aka englands bumboys

English wanted to get rid of the clans so there wouldn’t be another Jacobite uprising. Also many of the clan chiefs and other major landowners discovered that it was more profitable to have large sheep farms than traditional tenant farmers so they kicked the tenant farmers out

There need to be more urinals dedicated to disrespecting historical figures. It's a monument you can piss on, what could be more awesome?

Scots were terrorizing good honest British people with their Jacobite rebellions, so the British and Scottish authorities decided to build industry and infrastructure to improve their lives in hopes that they'd be thankful, start working and stop wanting to rebel. Of course, Scots are both ungrateful and lazy, so out of spite and sloth they managed to bungle up all help that was given to them, and like Scots always do when they ruin their own country, they blame the English.

So in other words they weren't true Scotsmen?

t. irelands bumboy

No true scotsman would take part in the clearing

>implying

I bet you put sugar in your porridge

i bet you pray to a woman

More like as a steppe nigger when you pillage the last holding changing the the provinces culture and religion to yours through genocide so that your population can grow.

Thank you for this.

What do they mean with ethnic cleansing?

James was the rightful King of England

I'll have you know we meet still to this day

Am lowland Scot, can confirm.

I assume forced relocation? People usually identify the term with genocide, but that's just the most extreme and rarest form of ethnic cleansing.

It wasn't ethnic cleansing, it was wealthy farmers clearing families off their land to make more room for their sheep to graze. The farmers were also Scottish, so in effect we were ethnically cleansing ourselves if this 'urinal' is to be believed.

Let's start with the assumption that Highland Scots are ethnically distinct. A program of land buyouts, eviction, or coercive relocation that targets one ethnic group or their geographic area for the benefit of another ethnic group favored by the state can qualify as ethnic cleansing.

Above, we are told that the ethnicity targeted may have been that of the pheasantry, and the beneficiaries, according to you, would be sheep. The shear gall of them.

I'm not saying it was a good thing to do, I'm just saying it wasn't for ethnic reasons it was simply wealthy Scots being greedy and kicking poorer Scots off their land. So whilst according to you it may technically fall under that definition I in no way believe there was any other intent than pure greed. Also, terrific pun.

I hear you clearly. But the thinking of today increasingly tends to judge effects more than intent, in part because shrewd ethnofuckers don't necessarily reveal their intent.