If egg whites have 5 proteins for 25 calories (the same ratio as most protein powders) then why doesnt everybody just...

if egg whites have 5 proteins for 25 calories (the same ratio as most protein powders) then why doesnt everybody just drink egg whites instead to avoid the excess salt and sugar? They are the ultimate cutting tool

Because eggs are chickens periods and they're absolutely disgusting

Get halberd egg whites instead.

I've used egg whites as a mixer for protein shakes

24 ounces of pasteurized egg white
2 scoops
Topped with milk
Damn near 100 g of protein in two swigs

good luck drinking egg and not wanting to die

yeah it's fairly shit

>chicken
>period
chickens are birds dumbass, not mammals. they don't get periods. If you mean they're a ball of nutrition cast in calcium that comes out of a chicken at fertile times, then yeah you're right. Doesn't mean you can't eat it

ill have to try this

I use tons of egg whites desu, currently on cut so to add more volume I use like 3 cups of egg whites and 3-4 eggs to make huge ass omelettes stacked with protein and relatively low cal

I love drinking egg whites. I had to stop because the gas I was letting out was just too bad at work

?

I drink anywhere from 3-8 whole eggs a day baby. shits good in milk.

never more than 3 in one drink though, gets too thick N slimy

you dont drink it because it tastes good, you drink it because its good for you

The protein of prepared eggs is more bioavailable than the protein in raw eggs.
So there's that

what are you, gay?

Whey is a byproduct of cheese production - a huge market, what the fuck would the market do with an overabundance of yolks? Sure, separated yolks have their uses too - but if everyone started using egg whites there would be an overabundance.

Plus whey is simpler, tastier and has a longer shelf-life.

i mean you can buy the yolks if you want to
idk about simpler, it seems pretty simple to pour a glass from the container and then drink it, instead of trying to mix powder and waiting for it to dissolve

because 1)price
2)uncooked egg protein has low bioavailability
3)whey is good egg whites are less so

What do they do with the yolks when they separate the whites?

I always feel fucking awful throwing away the yolk which is like 80% of the egg

>i mean you can buy the yolks if you want to
Yeah, but the point is most people don't want to because egg yolks cause heart attacks, strokes, ebola and super-herpes.

By comparison, almost everyone loves cheese.

>idk about simpler, it seems pretty simple to pour a glass from the container and then drink it,
Most people would rather drink a whey choco shake than a glass of egg whites. So if they use whites, they're usually going to cook with it or mix it with something.

>I always feel fucking awful throwing away the yolk which is like 80% of the egg.
This, I'm not a hippy or anything, but I don't like throwing out food when there are other options - if I want eggs I'll just eat the whole fucking thing.

And if you mean industrially: egg yolks are often used for heavy cremes (hollandaise etc.,) desserts (yellow cake etc.) and for skin care.

Most egg-eater meatheads(bodybuilders) dont live past 40

1/10
try harder

Well try it out you'll see

nigga i eat 36 egg whites per day and am indestructible both mentally and spiritually, i build my body by chakra manipulation not weightlifting like a dyel peasant.

for me mainly reason 1, currently on cut and buying egg whites and pretty expensive. about $4 per carton of 20 servings of egg whites. from the info on the carton thats 500 cals and 100g protons, protein powder is waay more cost efficient

usually i just microwave the egg whites and tastes fine, so i dont think reason 2 is that big of a deal, and reason 3 not too big a deal either, the amino acid profile of of eggs are decent

How do you microwave your eggs? I normally mix them up every 10-15 seconds until they're cooked just right.

>drink egg whites
FFS why not just cook them and eat them, they're perfectly tasty cooked.

>chakra manipulation

ok then bud

>tfw you will never cuddle with Hershlag

Biotin
"However, deficiencies can be caused by consuming raw egg whites over a period of months to years. Egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein that binds biotin strongly. When cooked, avidin is partially denatured and binding to biotin is reduced. However one study showed that 30-40% of the avidin activity was still present in the white after frying or boiling.[1] But cooked egg whites are safer to consume."

and you don't get a lot of b12 from it