23 year old programmer NEET w/ 50k LINK and 100k REQ...

23 year old programmer NEET w/ 50k LINK and 100k REQ. What are the chances that I go bankrupt if I'm hold until late 2018 to early 2019? I'm feeling really down even though I researched everything and think they are good investments. I dont have liabilities either since my parents paid for my car and condo.

No other income sources, although I'm pretty good at developing web apps and dapps no larping. I'm actually cooking up a dapp for Veeky Forums to ease my mind off the JUSTing this month. No I'm not hosting an ICO, the dapp will just use ETH. Its a secret what it does at this point though.

I gave up getting latin honors to improve my web dev, dapp dev skills while researching crypto. I'm feeling suicidal since i feel i made a bad mistake giving it up.

I know you guys will just mock me but I honestly have no one to talk to because hookers can't even relate to shit like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

truffleframework.com/).
larvalabs.com/cryptopunks)
github.com/pipermerriam/web3.py).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You won't go bankrupt as odds are they will both at least 2X by EOY 2018.

Crypto is projected to have trillions injected into it in 2019. Most people here are going to be rich if they aren't holding meme shit.

Learn your lesson and make it better next time. We all need to start with the horrible mistake.
Before I started with crypto I lost all my savings on stupid CFD trading thinking I could outsmart the market.

60% meme shit/40% btc

am I gonna make it?

I'll be shocked if you aren't a millionaire a year from now. Relax

Thanks anons, that made me feel a little better. I'll try to muster enough willpower to continue working on my dapp.

Also, getting work as a freelance web app / dapp developer really that hard if you a portfolio of working projects to showcase?

Any resources you'd recommend for dapp development OP? I have a CS degree but im trash at programming and need to get back into it.

Im in a similar situation; same age, same sized bags. i do have a job though, but i hate it. Thats why crypto is my only chance at happiness.

I think LINK and REQ are solid picks for the future.

The shitcoin/BTC ratio might be a little fucked short-term, but we're invested in project with some serious potential - i dont see how we can lose long-term.

I really recommend using the Truffle framework for developing dapps (truffleframework.com/). So you'll be using Javascript along with Solidity for your dapp. They have tons of useful tutorials.

For usability, I'm trying to make my dapp viewable without Metamask so that requires a server. I asked the CryptoPunks (larvalabs.com/cryptopunks) team for advice on how I can view the avatars without Metamask and thats how they told me to do it. I used Python Django for it so I used this ETH library for Python (github.com/pipermerriam/web3.py).

It sucks so much though because there is hardly any documentation for the Python library.

awesome, thanks. looking forward to hearing more about your dapp soon.

Link will pay off in a few years. Can't say the same about req but you will get your money back if you hold long enough.

not sure about REQ , but LINK for sure will make You hella nice $. Don't even think about selling it before some big money. Cheers

Unironically your best bet to make it.

you will be the extremely wealthy dude. Hahahah, beyond your wildest fucking dreams. 50K link? hahahah

>Has a great career
>Parents paid off condo & car
>Suicidal because investments have dropped by a few %

Are you fucking kidding me?

No, I'm not feeling suicidal because of the drop haha its expected because of the fork. I'm feeling down because I got disqualified for latin honors for not attending classes for a month.

So if my crypto investment fails even after hodling until 2019 I'm basically done for as my mom put it since a good GPA is not enough without awards. I'll never have a high paying job.

My relatives probably think I'm a loser at this point since I'm the only eldest male among my cousins that would graduate without honors.

I really hope my investments go up or my career takes off so I can rub it in their faces that what I'm doing (focusing on web dev, dapp, and investing) isnt stupid.

is there a future in developing dapps? reading your prev posts its basically JS + Solidity right? idk what truffle is but yeah. do you think there's money to be made being a dapp dev? thinking of starting on it.

Are you self-taught?
Finding contracts is the tricky part, even if you have a portfolio. Searching for clients can be difficult if you don't have a network built in college.

>programmer
This is the reason why you should off yourself.

hopefully lol, thats one of the things I'm anxious about. i just couldnt stand listening to bullshit lessons in class anymore during my senior year when a gold rush is literally happening in front of us.

> gold rush in terms of being one of the rare dapp developers
> gold rush in investing

it was absolute bullshit that i had to attend general education classes with a shitload of work on top of it when it had nothing to do with my major.

i'm a CS major for fucks sake. i couldnt stand it and just studied dapp development and researching cryptos.

THIS. DUDE YOU'RE GONNA BE FUCKING RICH. DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE THAT SAYS OTHERWISE. EVERYONE HERE LIVES IN THEIR DOGS BASEMENT AND BROKE AS HELL.

Yeah thats the tough part. Any idea how to break that barrier? Its really hard to network in something this early. Since even the documentations for dapp development are at a very early stage.

i understand your position desu. maybe in terms of investing you could've gone earlier, but there's still shitloads of room for growth. being a dapp dev on the other hand, you're almost starting at ground floor (if it takes off). might try my hand at it, thanks for the inspiration lmao

anyway, i dunno what the rest of your portfolio is but all i have is 20k REQ and 5k LINK (with 1 eth for Confido). pretty confident in LINK in the long term, REQ to at the very fucking least 2x by Q2 2018 after they release staking. makes zero fucking sense for it to be stuck below ICO so yeah. wish us both luck in this very irrational market though. on a more general note, you rarely "make it" if you don't do "crazy" moves like what you did anyway, OP. sincerely hope you do

thanks user, i hope we both make it

You don't necessarily need incredible education to get a high paying job in programming.
Just make sure you build a decent portfolio, since it seems like you do it as a hobby.

If it makes you feel any better, I also hold both REQ and LINK, longterm. I have high hopes for them.

I found going to meetups in third world countries filled my void of intelligent people.

They're all nice and they look at you like a god....