Why was this such a big deal...

Why was this such a big deal? Shitty America has had so many school shootings before and after but this one stood out the most

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

two shooters is more unique

It was the systematic killing and planning that shook people and the fact it was carried out by students. Most School Shootings prior were carried out by Faculty and done within a minute. They would shoot a colleague and then themselves. Harris and Klebold stalked the school with a small arsenal, dragged people out from under the desks and shot them one by one.

It was the 90’s and mass media made it look like D&D, Video Games, and Marilyn Manson were set to transform middle class suburban boys into mass killers because I’m a bored soccer mom with anxiety and thirst for drama.

Because the two edgy boys documented themselves way more than other shooters, also created a "le bully killing vigilante" image despite that they were Chads themselves and that they killed mostly nerdy kids who were at the library

Also this. Also America was in a moral panic about corrupted youth. Also rolling news coverage and cellular technology made covering it easier.

yeah, the snivveling faggots could even bring themselves to kill chad in the bioflic

>t. Last Podcast on the Left listener

Just had one today as a matter of fact. This time a female shooter.

Proof that violent videogames cause school shooting

I wonder if Reb or VoDKa would have liked 2016 Doom.

Those fuckers ruined everything for quiet bullied autists. Shit, bastards were in “trenchcoat mafia”. There were like 7 of them absolute minimum.

I didn’t have 7 friends in high school. Fuck, I don’t even have 7 friends NOW.

>Dylan Klebold
>Chad
He was a beta Jew.

Michael Moore please fuck off.

>Shitty America has had so many school shootings before
I don't think that's true. Do you have evidence?

Columbine was unique for its time. Kind of started the trend, in retrospect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

So many school shootings in the good ol US of A!

>Why was this such a big deal?
>Shitty America has had so many school shootings before and after
>After

Are you asking why people at the time didn't see into the future and react accordingly?

The sheer edge of the two was enough to send America into a moral panic.

Proof that autism causes school shootings

Forget Muslims, ban students desu

link?

When you people consider making posts, you should try and listen to that thought within your mind that urges you not to.

Yeah, I looked at that. It's wikipedia being wikipedia with their foggy defintions. They call any gun violence on school property a "school shooting". Then list every incident ever as if it's a trend.

I can't read them all, but going through random samples most aren't what we would today call a "school shooting" where a malcontent student deliberately goes on an aimless spree killing to lash out at society. The 1800s are full of random fights where people happened to have guns and used them in a argument. The closer 1900s are occasional crimes of passion against a nemesis or gang violence.

The oldest genuine case on glance is the famous UT Texas Tower shootings. Which was a media phenomenon. There's a couple proto cases in the 90s, interestingly, Iowa City, Iowa; Craighead County, Arkansas; Springfield, Oregon. None as deadly and planned as Columbine.

t. old enough to remember Columbine.

>that one black kid who ran away, came back for his bag, and ran away again

Alpha af

It was a beaner chick, they don't count

Saying "there were shootings before and after" is like saying "there were terrorist attacks before 9/11"

>old enough to remember columbine
It was less than 20 years ago, you're saying it like it makes you special.

>running away is alpha

That's one thing law enforcement will always tell you when planning security at any sort of public event, that in the last 20 years, there's been a big shift from violence targeted towards a single individual or group of individuals towards indiscrete killings of anyone nearby without a specific motive.

It's the same reason why Americans were hellbent on turning the world into a nanny state with ongoing non-stop wars after 9/11. They really are just dramatic, they're so emotionally stunted that they think every "mass shooting" is the end of the world while Brazil does this shit regularly and nobody gives a fuck.

Columbine happened at the perfect time just when 24-hour cable news was becoming a "thing". Shootings before didn't have 24/7 news channels looking to sensationalize things beyond absurdity to fill up airtime, while shootings afterwords no longer have the novelty that Columbine did by being the "first". It's like the OJ Simpson trial. Other cases of similar circumstances have happened before and since, but It happened at that exact moment when 24/7 cable news was new and people hadn't built up a tolerance for it.

>being proud of having such a shitty country that nobody cares about shootings