/rgt/-Robinhood General Thread

Papa Bezos edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

nigger stocks just closed

Niantic IPO when?

LODE.

You heard it here first boys.

I'll never doubt you again Jeff

there's afterhours you triple infinity niggerino

amazon is delivering hot and cripsy tendies

How'd we do goys? I can't really complain got meme'd into AMTX but sold about breaking even

>Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.
Mine got approved in like 1 minute. Not sure if this is a good thing or if I should be nervous.

IM A ROCKET MANNNN

>the literal state of AMZN

Holy shit.

I made $30 today, just lost it a second ago during afterhours and am now breaking even.

>Google up 4%, Amazon up 7%

same, seems okay though.

MAH BOI GOOGLE

Down $100 today. AMD and IRBT fucked me but BAC-B, INTC, and my GE short kept the losses in check.

I was also immediately approved last week. Been trading just fine

AMTX had potential if you actually paid attention. Over the last two days had you played it right you could have made 30% return.

FUCKING SGMO WHY ARE YOU GOING DOWN -- YOU'VE ONLY HAD GOOD NEWS STOP pLEASE

>AMZ up 7.5% now

....ahhhhh.....

It looks like the bad days are over, we've passed the storm and back into clear blue skies

Argh.... INTC beat earnings AND raised their 4Q outlook but it's going down now. It's like AMD all over again, fuck this market.

Cut my life into pieces. This is my last resort.

Time to buy Intel.

Is there anything like Robinhood for eurofags ?

Degiro.eu

Because it's gone up 600% in the last two months? What part of buy low don't you understand?

>8% now

my only regret is not buying more Amazon stock

we're gonna make it bro

this is easily going to break over the 1100s over the next few days

What happens when Amazon announces they are accepting crypto during their conf call? BTC $7K?

Not gonna happend

Good, just means OSTK is going higher.

Amazon will accept BTC at some point, it’s inevitable. You don’t have to deal with credit card fees with BTC

Must have quickened their system. So how's your start to trading going?

based bezos
and based pajeet over at msft gouging everyone and everything

I suck lmao. Down 15%

I made three bucks today off like 300 invested. I think I'm going to get a Vanguard four-portfolio index fund for a portion of my wealth, but, just leave some in robinhood or whatever I settle on for messing around with directly. I certainly don't trust myself to make good decisions using more than peanut money.

Thoughts on PayPal getting into this crypto stuff? Imagine the gains for both BTC and PayPal if they started accepting it.

Not too bad I guess. Only capital I had was $200 so I'm going slowly but surely I think. Any tips for a new comer?

How long have you been at it?

>it’s inevitable.

No it isnt. Why the fuck would you accept a currency so unstable that the only way to reference any price by it is through USD

If you can reference it through USD you can reference it through any other currency.

Because there are no transaction fees

Like a week, just starting out

That's not my point, its that you could never set a price in bitcoins like you can with most every other currency, you could only ever set a price in reference to USD.
It effectively turns your retailer into a pseudo-day trading desk for BTC which is absurd

Good for you. Looks like you are doing fine. It's been a weird week.

hmm, you're right. I bought a super high-end PC from newegg with a bitcoin I had just sitting in some fucking cloud or where ever bitcoins come from, and I had to like do all this shit within 15 minutes or a half hour because of the nature of accepting payment in BTC. I mean back when BTC was cheap the prices of the drugs on silk road were in BTC, but then BTCs went fucking nuts.

ty senpai