What do Veeky Forumsraelis drink?

Hi there fellow investors.

What is your drink of choice when your favourite shit coin starts tanking?
What do you reward yourself with after a good transaction?

Currently sipping pic related, guess my mood.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine
zomato.com/dublin/the-dingle-whiskey-bar-south-city-east/menu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Water.

Nolinker tears

Glengoolie Blue

kek

Aberlour A'bunadh

Mountain Dew and Jager

I drink beer almost every night, it numbs the feels

Got a four pack of these today for £3.50

If I want to treat myself I'll get some good German Weissbier

Are Jews allowed to drink alcohol?
Porc meat and alcohol are non koosjer right?

>red wine
>sparkling sake
>cognac

Never had the opportunity to try this one out, usually very picky on my whiskeys as I can only withstand specific types.
How would you qualify it?

It actually depends on how you're brewing your alcohol.
There are kosher wines and beers.

Ayahuasca. But not while I'm trading.

Where my Eire/UK lads at?

it's cask strength,non chill-filtered,uncolored.
Matured in Oloroso butts so it's very sherried.
Taste wise i would would say vanilla,honey,cinnamon and a hint of oak,no peat obviously.very pleasant but not an everyday sipper.

aye tha's the one

Getting me interested, I don't have whiskey everyday anyway. I tend to prefer fruit/grape brandies and rum more since I can down them more easily.

I'll keep this one in mind next time I buy a bottle, thanks!

the buckie I mean ha ha
Though laphroaig is nice too.
Just doesn't have the same air of wild nights...

I wasn't aware sparkling sake was a thing, any brand to recommend?
Also, what's your cognac ?

Woodford Reserve Rye

I dont drink
I only smoke the dank

My question still stands.
What kind of sativa/indica % do you smoke on a win or a loss?
Mixing your weed with tobacco in your spliffs?
Favourite way of taking it?

What's it like?

>buys laphroaig
>gets literally the worst one they make

why the shitty duty free blended one? laph QC >>>>>> select or 10yo

Get the 18yo laphroaig for a real treat.

It's like drinking sunshine

Sparkling sake honestly tastes like a nice champagne. I'm in a part of the world that doesnt have a bunch, if you're on the west coast US you probably have a ton of options. Ive tried different ones when traveling and liked them all.

Theres one called "Gekkeikan Zipang Sparking Sake" thats like $8 from places like Totalwine or $12 in asian restaurants thats good.

I say cognac but lately the only thing I'm drinking is like the top shelf Grand Marnier made from cognac/orange bitters. I really liked "Cuvée Spéciale Cent Cinquantenaire" but they stopped making it so "Cuvée du Centenaire" is like the next closest replacement price wise. I havent tried their 1880 or Quintessence but I imagine those are even better but I havent been able to justify spending that much yet.

I really want to expand my preferences and try one of those sites where you can buy a ton of small samples of diff whiskeys/cognacs/gin or whatnot.

yeah it's pretty amazing but it's *really* expensive, QC is the best price/quality ratio i've found so far

Your body is the result of years of evolution. Treat it with some respect

$7 andre champagne

I only smoke indica, too hard to get decent sativa it's all backyard trash. When I'm at a loss I try not to smoke.
Mix 50/50 with tobacco, Its just an Australian thing. I like to smoke joints.

My own chain link tears

wodka cyka
lately I've been drinking Ruskova which is a russian winter wheat vodka, similar to Sobieski but a bit smoother

I'm in the wine and spirits distribution business. It's nearly a professional obligation to have pretty varied tastes, and I can find something from most categories that I enjoy. When I really want to treat myself, it's pic related.

If whiskey then id choose anything but red label.
Fuck red label, that shits vile.

Jack on the rocks and Jameson is nice tho.

If im taking it easy then ill have a Wine or Cider.

dude no
laphroig is an ashtray.
want smokey? lagavulin
or ardbeg uigidail TRUST ME BRAH
also buy OMG, PAY, KMD K BYE

Never understood the splif. I get smoking a cig after a joint, but tobacco in the joint must be a learned taste

you should try caol ila, lol
ardbeg is just as much ashtray as laph, some peeple like that taste (because it's awesome)

How does it compare to quarter cask?

Weed

quarter cask is way better

Its burns a lot smoother and I don't want to get absolutely baked all the time so half the amount of bud in the joint works out good
Plus I smoke in public a lot and the tobacco smell helps cover it a bit

I was actually disappointed by the quarter cask, not even worth the 10yo. I got the select because its taste slightly differs from the 10yo and I wanted to change for a bit.

Will definitely try this one out.

Oh, Grand Marnier is nice but I only use it in cocktails or in my cuisine. Writing your sake's name down and will hunt for it here. I'd love to see what a rice sparkling drink tastes like.

The tobacco brings a totally different high, I feel like it brings the heavy CBD drowsiness to the front page. Tobacco mixing is pretty common where I'm from as well.

Not sure I had this one before, but I doubt I'll find it here. Will try to remember that brand next time I hit Eastern Europe.

Fuck yeah Chartreuse VEP, you're a man of good taste. I highly recommend for you to try Louis Roque plum brandy if you haven't already (pic related)

Meanwhile I became a crab and flew over the amazonian jungle barefoot while wearing a blue baseball cap.

Huh, ok then. Tastes differ I guess. I like the quarter cask way more. Did you add some water? QC is quite a lot higher alcohol % and stands up to dilution a lot better than the 40% ones

Lagavulin is too peaty for my taste.
I don't know how to rate Ardberg, I just dislike it.
The select brings a woody/fruity aroma to the surface that hides the smoke a bit. Surprising but all-in-all very enjoyable.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to try the 17yo version as I heard a few years ago that they wouldn't be producing it anymore. Heavenly.

People usually get this taste by having hash before having weed.

>Grand Marnier is nice but I only use it in cocktails or in my cuisine.

Yeah I've never heard of someone drinking Grand Marnier straight.

Yeah, I'm a whiskey man myself. I love drinking whiskey
This is my favorite, I even have a jack Daniels shirt

Buckfast Tonic Wine (brown bottle)

Sold exclusively within the Republic of Ireland.

Red wine, 14.8% alcohol
Sodium and potassium glycerophosphates – both measured at 0.65% w/v
Disodium phosphate
Caffeine – 52 mg/100 ml (i.e. 0.055% w/v)
Sulphite preservatives

>Jack Daniels
>Whiskey

I almost always throw a droplet in my glass indeed.
No offence meant on the QC, as I said in another post I have a very specific taste for whiskeys. It's not like I can't differentiate their taste or classify them, it's just that after two sips I can't drink no more. And that kills the enjoyment when you're fighting for 2 hours to finish a small glass. I'd rather just leave it to people who enjoy them.

Don't feed the troll

Arise my niggas, the white man is making you dumba.
I think I'll always remember my Four Loko high, I've never been so aggressive and cockishly friendly at the same time. Truly felt like a coke/alcohol high without having the coke being way more prominent.

Get Tae fuck that is Scotland's national drink, Irish my fuckin ass ya wee paddy bastard.

Its the age of the whiskey that counts most.
Has to be at least 8 years old and Irish of course.
If not then you get an empty buckfast bottle over the head

Thats the Irish brown bottle version. Tastes much better and contains 30% more caffeine

I've yet to taste a good irish whiskey. I will look into this one, any other distillery to recommend?

>not drinking pretty much only whiskeys

Craft beers are great too, but can't be sipped like good whiskey can. What I've currently got. With the exception of the small No. 322675 bottle I gto from the Yamazaki distillery and the shitty looking brandy I got from North Korea on the far left, I've got a constnatly rotating supply. Have 2 dram about twice a week for max comfy tier time. Ignore shite counter, currently in a temporary home for where I'm working this year

OP has good taste

ahh you got there first.
There is a massive difference between the Irish and UK versions. I cant go near the green bottle version.

Both Recipes here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

both of those vodkas are available in the US m8
at least at my liquor store

Bought the Rye on the far right on a whim since it was on sale for about $20. It's shit, don't buy.

In the US now and Japanese whiskeys are so expensive I don't see myself replenishing these as I run them out. Trying to get more into bourbon since it's so cheap. What is Veeky Forums favorite bourbons or ryes besides stuff like Buffalo Trace or Four Roses Single Barrel?

Green spot is great.

Here is 6 pages of the menu from the Dingle Whiskey Bar in Dublin. Go nuts. The price is per glass
zomato.com/dublin/the-dingle-whiskey-bar-south-city-east/menu

Red Breast was the flagship Irish whiskey for a long time maine. Jameson is more popular because when the distilleries were being bought forever ago, they pushed Jameson since it was i a green bottle and more Irish looking. I'm not kidding.

Red Breast is very good but way overpriced in the US imo. If you can get a 12 year for about $50 or under I'd go for it otherwise not worth

I actually like this blend better than the Hibiki 12 yr that it is temporarily replacing. One of the best blended whiskeys out there easily.

Laphroaig Quarter Cask is nectar of the gods.

Also worth trying Lagavulin which is similar but more refined/expensive.

>try Louis Roque plum brandy if you haven't already
I haven't, but I have had (and enjoyed) their genepi and la vieille noix. The plum brandy has been on my radar for a while and I haven't had a convenient excuse to drink it, I guess this can be it.

A glass of Greenspot 12 year old = 70 euros.
Thats the proper way to spend your gains

My cellar has a constant roll as well but I'm not all-in on whiskeys. I don't know the Salmiakki, Dickel, Teeling and unreadable name bottom far right. The Oban and Macallan are not for my taste, the japanese ones you have are yummy.
How are the Yamazaki and the shitty looking North Korean bottle?
If you're into alcohols from UN-forsaken places, you should try out Kvint cognac (pic related), even though it's branded as a cognac, it's more of an armagnac. Best price/taste ratio I ever found.

EU-fag, I'll look for it.

We've already been around that, Lagavulin doesn't taste at all like a Laphroaig due to the lack of smoke imo.

You're in for a treat. I've been scavenging for plum brandies all around Eastern Europe, but this is the one and only worth mentioning.
The existence of other products from their chais was unbeknownst to me prior your post. I am ashamed and will move mountains to find them asap. Many thanks to you kind sir. I'd love to have your insights and discuss about alcohols. Do you also work in the wine trade?

Depends on your price range. The bourbon secondary market has gone out of control the last few years. Assuming you want to pay reasonable prices for things you can find on the shelf at many well-stocked liquor stores.
E.H. Taylor small batch and Willet pot still are both good candidates for the best bourbon under $50. If you can go higher than that, Basil Hayden and Eagle Rare are good picks, Blanton's is a classic, and E.H. Taylor single barrel is good (but not as consistent as the small batch). If you live near a good liquor store you may be able to find store-picked single barrels, in which case knob creek is one to watch for (their barrel program selections are much better than what you can find routinely on the shelf), Weller 107 (good luck, becoming highly allocated), and Jefferson. If you've got ~$70 to drop, Belle Meade single barrel out of Nashville is amazing, most markets will have it at 9yrs, but 10yrs are starting to trickle out. Their cask finished bourbons are excellent as well, except for the madeira finish which tastes like mushrooms and burnt rubber.

>Do you also work in the wine trade?
I do, and some craft beers as well.

The Salmiakki is actually a Finnish vodka liqueur thing I got in the airport there. It's not good either desu.

Teeling is a good, comparatively decent priced Irish whiskey.

I like Oban and Macallan but peaty Islay's are my favorites like OP's pic. But I wanted some variety recently and they were on sale.

Japanese whiskey )in general) is another favorite. Lived there for two years and drank to my hearts content. At the Yamazaki distillery you can buy drams of obscenely rare stuff for next to nothing. I had a dram of Yamazaki 21, Hakushu 21, Hibiki 21, Yamazaki Sherry Cask, and dozens of other things I'd never be able to normally afford for about $6 a dram. I was in Heaven. Went back multiple times just to go to the bar and drink like $9000 worth of whiskey for $60

I've not tried the small Yamazaki bottle in the pic because it's small batch you can only buy at the distillery and they only have a few a day available and I got super lucky getting it once; so I'm just holding onto it until idk when

The North Korean brandy I got at the DMZ a few years ago. Tried it once and it was "ok" so now I just mostly have it sitting there to look neat and make me seem like an interesting person or something.

I'll definitely check out the Kvint. desu I've not had a ton of cognacs but I'm looking to explore them a bit more and I'm always down for a well-priced bottle.

I'm mostly trying to get more into bourbons on account of them generally being a little cheaper than a Scotch or Japanese whiskey. So

japs make such fucking good whiskey, it's no wonder the scotch distilleries got all pissy when they were calling it scotch. that 'not from the region so you can't do it' is BS. I unserstand why the trappists did it but the japs for sure one upped the whiskey biz

USA based operation?
Have you ever taken a trip to the French wine domains?

here is a trick boys - buy the cheapest vodka, you can find, filter it using a brita pitcher after one or 2 passes, you have grey goose

>>Implying grey goose is a good vodka

tears of laughter?

LONDON?

You motherfucker! I've had a thirst for some Toki for the last three weeks (I like it more than Hibiki, yes I know I'm a fag) but I don't want to spend the money!

Otherwise miller lite if I'm not drinking whiskey or cognac because it's cheap and gets the job done. Been in the mood for a Gin and Tonic lately too, but again, I don't feel like dropping the ducketts on a bottle of bombay right now, and I won't go cheaper than bombay.

your mood is '80s dentist' or 'the taste of soviet tram seats in the summer, but less salty'

Yes and no. My only business related trip out of country so far has been to Tuscany/Chianti and Corsica.

I feel you for the North Korean bottle. I used to get girls wet by offering them honey liquor from cold war Germany, and other rare old drinks from my deceased grand-ma cabinet when I was younger. Good tactic to fakely enrich your seeable culture.
I highly recommend you to get into armagnacs or bas-armagnacs (pic related, heavenly drink) instead of cognacs. Or try Eastern European cognacs, Ukraine has very good quality ones (Shabo 5*).
Yamazaki distillery is now on my list, many thanks mate.

I only drink digibyte holders blood

NIGGER

>sold exclusively in ROI
>Responsible for a third of violent crime in Glasgow

here's a trick for you, mate:
buy some rectified alcohol, fly to france, mix it with water and you literally made grey goose.

Corsican products in the US?
Wouldn't have expected that. Did you enjoy the island?

I drink Soju when exchanges make me sad.

I drink beer when they make me happy, Asahi, Kosciuszko, and Coopers are my go to usually.

It was beautiful, but I was only there for a day. We were actually meeting reps from a Sardinian winery there, they chartered a flight for us before dawn and we were back in Tuscany for dinner. We brought their wines in, but AFAIK there aren't many markets in the US that carry them.
As an aside, if anyone ever offers you Sardinian cheese with a shiteating grin on their face, decline the offer.

I know of Casu marzu ahahahah. As much as I love very strong cheeses, this maggot filled hell is not for me.
Sad you couldn't stay more. I hope for you that you'll visit more of Europe for work, it's filled with delicacies.
Thank you all for the posts, I needed some time off Veeky Forumsness to keep on smiling.

The Brown Bottle is sold exclusively here.
Responsible for 80% of the craic in Ireland

Is there also koosjer porc meat?

That's called baby's prepuce goyim

piss. kids' drink

Drank plenty of it in my time though. Has its place when bushing on a freezing November night

bought a bottle of Chivas recently. Very pleasant, though lacking the character of a single malt..

nice