TIPS FOR SKINNY FATS

I'm putting here some tips I wish I had read when I 1st started lifting. This is only a complement to sticky. Read the sticky.

A skinny fat beginner always have to make a choice between getting builtfat or getting skinny scrawny before actually getting fit. Yes, body re-composition will happen to some degree, but you got to have
priorities (losing fat or building strength base) otherwise you won't get nice results. Lean bulk or cutting only 300 cal/day are memes if you haven't got any muscle on your frame. You can't eat the cake and have it.

So, there are basically two ways to go.

If you think you can afford a couple pounds and still won't look that bad:
> go SS full Zach mode for some months (4-6 months)
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html follow this te/mplate
> get your lifts to intermediate lv.
> switch to bodybuilding routine (PHUL, PPL, whatever) and start cutting

I wouldn't recommend going past 20% bf. At 20% bf you won't look fit at all but still will take only some weeks to get around 15% (visible abs under good lightining etc).

If you think you cannot support looking flabby any more, lose fat:
> lose weight until you look skeleton (about 12%bf)
> you should do some lifting (push-ups, chin-ups, abs, or even Candito LP S/C); but you probably won't progress much
> make use of this window to actually learn the lifts/get more flexible
> once you get low %bf, do lean bulk while on SS or GSLP
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html
> get your lifts to intermediate lv.
> switch to bodybuilding routine (PHUL, PPL, whatever) and keep an eye on your diet

(1/?)

Other urls found in this thread:

phrakture.github.io/molding-mobility.html)
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Always bear in mind that you should progress on every train, feel better on a day to day basis, but you won't see significant results before 6 months to a 1 year of training (depending on your current fitness and height, mostly). Luckily, noob gains are always noticeable, tho.

Regarding routines: all routines are only as good as your effort in the gym. SS, Keethnabs SS, GSLP, AlphaDestiny's novice program, Candito's LP, ICF 5x5; all these are good programs for a true beginner; they're all very much alike. Reddit PPL isn't bad either, even tho it has lots of frivolous work for a beginner. Just pick one that fits your schedule and stick to it.

Put your max effort every time you hit the gym. This is what really matters.

Focus on the main compounds and getting your lifts up. Do your curls if you want big arms. Disregard youtube channels that every week posts a new meme "best exercise ever for...", "how to build bigger..." etc.

You'll only look like you lift after you stop being a novice; and you'll only stop being a novice once your lifts are respectable. Sure high volume has its place on hypertrophy, but high volume means moving lots of weight per training session; if you're doing 4x10 40kg squats, you're doing bitch weights/high reps - not high volume at all.

Nobody has ever built a big chest lifting 1pl8; nor big shoulders at 30kg OHP; your arms won't look big if you're cheat curling 12kg; your traps won't get big if you deadlift bodyweight only.

(2/2)

I dont care about your thread, I just love Moose.

I'm fucking lost. I wouldn't say I'm skinny fat, I'm more normal fat (can see bones everywhere, but have beer belly) 1.8m 82kg ish (haven't checked in a long time)

I'm super out of shape, I have lordosis and rounded shoulders. I can't bend over and touch my toes, and I can't lay down on my back and put my hands above my head without lifting my lower back off the ground.

I want to workout, but SS says you shouldn't fuck with the program and add more exercises. Websites and the sticky are telling me to workout xxx muscles, stretch xxx muscles , do this this/that etc

Do I just try to fix my shit first, and then lift in a few months? Or do I do SS with the recommended exercises to fix my shit but don't ramp up the weights. Basically just do the lifts to learn the movement etc.

Is this a Moose thread?

Dont overthink everything. Just start lifting, do SS. Godspeed.

You guys like some Sophia?

not a cute face.

God the left picture looks just like my ex. I miss her so much.

No, this is a moose thread. Make a Sophia thread if you want.

Apologies.

>I'm more normal fat (can see bones everywhere, but have beer belly)
>Do I just try to fix my shit first, and then lift in a few months?

Yes, you're perfect for that 2nd case.

Lose weight until you got no beer belly anymore. While losing weight, do push-ups, chin-ups, abs at home, every day through out the day, until you can do good number of clean reps (say, 12 chin-ups, 25 push-ups, 40 hanging leg raises, etc). Most importantly, do the stretching routine on sticky at least once a day every day. (phrakture.github.io/molding-mobility.html)

Once you get lean, join a gym, do a beginner routine and start clean bulking.

It's cool.

I wish I could order her shirt.

I don't understand nihilism.

Why do women ruin themselves with makeup?

because it raises their sexual value and makes them feel more special.

most nihilists don't either

ayyy

It's not complicated. It's just the thought that nothing has any objective value. It's all subjective.

The Jews, seriously.

Minimal makeup is fine, the clown makeup most girls wear is not.

>Minimal makeup is fine
still damages their skin doesnt it?

Really good advice. Very cool of you OP

>20% bf
>only some weeks to get around 15%

D E L U S I O N

That would be 2 months.

>It's all subjective.
well that's not much of a belief system

8 weeks are only a few weeks senpai

Idk, I'm not a girl.

>philosophical thought
>belief

Come on, now.

people tote it around like it's a religion whenever they say they're nihilist,

I've never studied it, nor more than one semester of philosophy

Well, it's not. It's the philosophical theory that life has no intrinsic meaning or value. With respect to the universe, existential nihilism posits that a single human or even the entire human species is insignificant, without purpose and unlikely to change in the totality of existence. According to the theory, each individual is an isolated being born into the universe, barred from knowing "why", yet compelled to invent meaning. The inherent meaninglessness of life is largely explored in the philosophical school of existentialism, where one can potentially create their own subjective "meaning" or "purpose".

no?

>tfw will never mire Moose's pectorials

well it seems about as rock solid as determinism from your paragraph, thanks friend.

>ladypecs

no, tanning damages their skin.

women wear makeup due to social pressure (it is seen as "unprofessional" to NOT wear makeup, and women who wear minimal makeup report being treated better than when they were no makeup). if they could skip it more often without negative consequences, they would.

women wear heavier, more colorful or unnatural makeup because, once you have a skill, it's human nature to want to play around with it.

You're welcome, Satan.

i'd work her chest out if you know what i mean friends

>> go SS full Zach mode for some months (4-6 months)
>> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html follow this te/mplate
>> get your lifts to intermediate lv.
>> switch to bodybuilding routine (PHUL, PPL, whatever) and start cutting
This is retarded. You're retarded.

then why does guys skin look pretty ok when never having worn makeup when women look sick all the time unless they have "minimal" makeup?

It better not be what I think it is. Moosefix is not for sexual.

>tfw no moosefix for sexual
feels bad man

>tfw no nerdy gf into lifting and rugby to go to vidya and comic conventions

End it.

>nerdy
nah m8

she's got to be autistic for me to dig it.

Not sure about for other ladies, but for me, wearing makeup regularly kills my ability to get a natural face tan so I go from looking slightly tanned to way pale

eh
Do it the other way than. The only people that will choose the 1st way over the 2nd are lanklets, and they're right about doing it. Skinny lanklets are literally slender men; builtfat lanklets are "big guys" for normie standards.

Damn, haven't seem this one yet.

because you literally do not know what women look like due to assuming photoshopped, airbrushed, or made-up is "natural."

She probably is, I mean she played Skyrim to 100% completion.

Nah m8, my buddy is an borderline neet and doesn't constantly have bags under his eyes without makeup

>because you literally do not know what women look like

then why do women genetically always have huge puffy bags under their eyes?
makeup hasn't been around long enough to hide it and it's unattractive which is why they try to hide it.
it should have been bred out of them

>She probably is, I mean she played Skyrim to 100% completion.
hot

that's a man baby

Faggot.

It's retarded because you're telling someone to get to a relatively high-level in strength and once they're at a certain level, fuck it all off and do some shitty baby weights bb program for roiders? That's straight bonehead talk. Just continue with strength + accessories and cut if you're at a bf% you're not happy with.

>liking a muscular, clown-faced, video game playing, big cocked tranny

whose the faggy now friend

me I guess

I haven't had the same experience as you then. Most my lady friend just get slightly less clear skin (due to wearing make up) or end up less tan. Puffy eyes are visible with or without makeup.

>not liking a fit, qt who plays vidya

u were the fag all along

Probably because you're not an edge teenager.

>belly
I lost 70 pounds and I'm now underweight and I still have it

>it's a man baby
fugg
I would still commit the crime

>some shitty baby weights bb program for roiders
> PHUL
wtf
It's literally Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower program. You're doing 3 main lifts 2x a week at least + OHP variations.

PPL is not a specific program, rather just a 3 day split. There are both bb roiders PPL and strength PPL.

oh sorry, I misread

You should've lifted while losing 70lbs, duh. Start lifting asap, and body re-composition will probably do the job for you, if you're really underweight.

Does she have an instagram or something?
As a bi grill I am rather...intrigued.

Also I need to stop being skinny fat and a lazy git.

Yeah, probably. Eating at a surplus while lifting will be nice at least

kys whore

In all honesty, her face and waist proportions are so cute and feminine that I haven't even noticed those big arms until this thread.

I went with the first route and it's definitely harder. Cutting when you're already on a daily weight lifting routine is tricky because it takes a lot of planning to get enough pre-workout food and post-workout protein for lifting without ending up overeating. And for me, not losing weight basically entails being hungry all the time.

I wish I could tell all girls two things:

>stop with the clown makeup
>fix your fucking posture

Nihilism is pretty meh overall

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Very nice user
Shame that I've not known this earlier. Well I did SL fot some time unfortunaly had a two month depression time when I barely was going to the gym and now Ihave mediocre stats in lifting. I already started cutting and watch carefully my diet and with the start of april I will change my routine to some split. At least I've gained 5 kg of muscle while only 1,4 of fat so hopefully when I cut it I won't gonna look ao bad

Intermittent fasting did wonders for me in this regard of not feeling hungry.

It's actually way easier to cope with this feeling of "I will eat something as soon as I finish this" every morning than the feeling eating portioned meals and not feeling satiated at all.

you mean intermittent fasting helped you stop being bothered by the feeling of hunger in general, or it helped you lose weight?

I sort of cut intermittently. I usually let myself bulk up to 185 lbs (but gain a little fat along with the muscle), then I cut down to 175 when I start to feel self conscious

>basing opinions off of a chart made on Veeky Forums

Lmao.

Everything in this picture is shit tier.

so you're asking an already skinny guy to get even more skinny? That's nonsense

If you have fat and you're skinny, just lift, get those gains then when you're happy or unhappy about your fat just cut

cutting when you have no muscle underneath is stupid

>intermittent fasting helped you stop being bothered by the feeling of hunger in general
this
I never had much difficult losing weight bc I'm 6'5, so I have to eat I lot to maintain. Nowadays, I just drink less whole milk or stop drinking it all.

no feet pics? what the fuck

>I never had much difficult losing weight bc I'm 6'5, so I have to eat I lot to maintain. Nowadays, I just drink less whole milk or stop drinking it all.

I've never found cutting down on fat intake to be helpful. I just cut carbs. A month with no beer (and no other changes to my diet) cuts 5 lbs.

Yeah, no beer no bread no pasta it's the most effective for me too. When I mentioned cut the whole milk, I mean all the milk, I don't drink skim either...

how could I never seen this

I'm not a footfag but those feet look yummy. Is there any part of her that's not perfect?

She's a qt. How does her bf look like?
>inb4 her

>I'm not a footfag but those feet look yummy

Why don't you post what you look like RIGHT THIS MOMENT instead of some silly fucking girl?

you gave us all this advice and nothing to back it up so it's totally disregarded.

Because girls are pretty

Do you reckon she bleaches her asshole?
What do her toes taste like?

Thanks OP

god i hope not

...you cant really be anything else, atheism is on there?

Enjoy your lack of spirituality turd.

.> tfw you realize she probably got an regular nerd dyel bf

>no moose gf to cuddle