Why aren't you a vegan?

Why aren't you a vegan?

Its the only ethical and healthy choice out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17908291
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19278045
examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not a faggot

fpbp

I'm ok with factory farming if that's the cost of cheap meat and dairy

>protein needs
>52g
2spooky4me

fpbp
kek op faggot btfo

>Peta
I automatically don't trust any information on this image. Peta is commonly exaggeration or flat out lying about shit. Try again with a trusted source.

Protein needs: 52g
Nigga what

Try 140-180 if you want to maintain any sort of reasonable nitric atmosphere

fpbp

newfag here what does this MEAN

/thread

also sage

fpbp
first post best post

I'm vegetarian and enjoy my diet and don't feel particularly restricted. If I were vegan I don't think I could say the same. I only buy organic eggs and milk when I have the choice so I consider that basically good enough.

>asking meatheads why they aren't vegan

According to the International Society of Sports Nutrition, protein intakes of 1.4-2.0 g/kg of bodyweight (0.6-0.9g/lb of bodyweight) for physically active individuals is not only safe, but may improve the training adaptations to exercise training. [7]. The American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine also support high protein intake for active individuals[8] in the range of 1.2-1.7 g/kg of bodyweight (0.5-0.8 g/lb of bodyweight).

7. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17908291
8. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19278045

per examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/

The very first thing with which your infographic starts is shoddy when applied to a fitness circle, the same circle in which we need to be mindful of total calories, meaning we need to balance protein density with caloric content so that we have room for the rest of the stuff we want to eat.

Then there's also the problem with amino acid profiles.

So let's add those two problems into a real example: your infographic lists fucking peanut butter as an example. 2 tbsps of natural PB is 200 calories. 200 calories for 8g of protein where the amino acid profile isn't even complete is pathetic.

That's really the only downside.

Overall, I totally agree that vegan diets are by large and far the healthiest. If vegan protein powders were cheaper, I'd be vegan. That Vega one barely has any servings and costs more than ON Whey, for example. There are few quality options that aren't really expensive. Until the prices drop, a protein supplement will be the only animal product I consume, because I agree that animal products in and of themselves are cancer.

How the fuck do you guys think oxen and gorillas get so big?

They eat plants.

Energy goes from the sun to plants to animals

So just cut out the fricking middle man and get it from plants.

>How the fuck do you guys think oxen and gorillas get so big?

G E N E T I C S

See:
We'd be on the toilet all day (and it would expensive and exhausting) if we had to prepare enough kale and spinach to amount to over 100g of protein daily, not to mention we'd suffer from toxicity.

Ah yes just let me eat my lentils, black beans, veggie burger, tofu, bagel, spaghetti, peanut butter, soy milk, soy yogurt, bread, potato, broccoli, collard greens, almonds, mustard greens, sesame tahini, soybeans, kale, fortified drink, kidney beans, lima beans, swiss chard, flax seeds, walnuts, hemp seeds, purslane, vegan omega-3 DHA, and fortified rice milk before we head out so that i dont become anemic and die of an enlarged heart. I probably will anyways though because iron isn't absorbed as easily from non-meat products.

How the fuck do you think tigers and sharks get so big?

I think humans eating animals is just as "unethical" as bears eating animals.

Vegan diet isn't healthy (meat in moderation is important though, and replacing red meat with leaner cuts).

The only reason I can see going vegan is for the small carbon footprint..but fuck that

Wtf i'm a gorilla now

If you wanna be a vegan and lift you can do it
But I consider it a hassle and i like meat and milk and eggs so no thanks

>How the fuck do you guys think oxen and gorillas get so big?
>They eat plants.

> and digest it using an enzyme that humans don't have because they're not oxen and gorillas

fucking retarded herbivores get OUT of my Veeky Forums

Going vegan is probably the healthiest thing you can do for your body. Having said that, you will also end up looking like durianrider unless you have no job and have time to eat fucking plants the whole day

>meat in moderation is important though
Prove it

Same dude, I fucking love pizza too so forget about going vegan

Physiologist here. Let me highlight things wrong with this infrograph.

>Protein sources
-Most of these increase estrogen levels.
-Much larger quantities required to reach the same amount of protein taken in. (You will be full before even getting close to your protein requirement)
-The rest have a very high carb or fat content to protein for those cutting or going for a very lean built.

>What won't you find in a vegan diet
-Cholesterol levels increasing the risk of coronary heart disease is a myth. If it's true then there is no conclusive evidence to show that.
-Studies have shown that high cholesterol intake had no relation to heart disease and in some cases was even beneficial.

I could make further comments on the rest but I'd have to do some googling and article reading to make sure my information is accurate. But the info I gave is enough for OP to be a fag.

If bait, then enjoy some information to shut vegans down.

>Studies have shown that high cholesterol intake had no relation to heart disease and in some cases was even beneficial.
Christ, you're stupid.

Coming from an ex vegan. From what I understand I would say the best diet is this.

90% of your diet should be a variety of vegetables (tomatoes are a vegetable in this case). The other 10% grass fed beef.

No fruits, grains, other animal products, beans or nuts. They either arent good for you or you dont need them because vegetables and beef are all around better

Take vegan DHA/EPA and flaxseed oil to balance out your omega 3:omega 6 ratio so it is about 1:1. You can shoot for 4:1 but it really isnt necessary so dont go far out of your way to do that.

Pea protein for protein shakes. Dont believe the bullshit you read that it isnt complete if you look at the AA breakdown it has all the AAs it needs.

Grass Fed Beef has stuff like heme iron, preformed vitamin A, taurine, creatine, coenzyme 10, and carnitine that your body benefits from. Still you shouldnt use that as an excuse to eat a lot since it is linked to so many disease and cancers. 10% of calories is a good amount

>fruits aren't good for you
Just how fucking dumb are the people here?

>almonds
1 almond = 1.1gallons of water
gee whiz! you sure are saving the planet there buddy!

Did you even read my post? Vegetables are just all around better fruits so you should just spend your money on vegetables instead

I am a human. By design or by chance, my purpose on earth is to dominate every other living thing on this rock and bend them to my will. It's human nature. That's why I'm not a vegan, because I like killing and eating things.

Worst argument ever

Eating cooked meat allowed our brains to evolve into what they are today.

We would all be chimps living off grubs in the forest if it were up to vegans.

Because it's natural to not be one

canines are not carnassials

this is the truth senpai

How about the fact that we can even digest meat in the first place?

>decided to try out vegan hamburguers
>tried spinach hamburguer
>trash
>mushroom hamburguer
> T H R A S H

fuck off

I am, but am now also an obnoxious self-righteous shitwit because I've acknowledged it, even if only pseudo-anonymously.
Well, I try to be. Nobody can be truly vegan in a puritanical way that nonveganfagfaggots will try holding you to in an attempt to have a gotcha moment.
If you're defining it as trying the best as possible to avoid exploitation of animals insofar as it isn't absolutely necessary, (like eating meat, and wearing furs to survive in the wild, as an example) then I suppose that's what I actually do.
Like politics and religion, diet, at least the ethics of it, is such an absurdly sensitive topic to tread.

Go vegan!!!

All that soy/estrogen will turn me into a trap though

I'd rather avoid that..for now

>52g (FIFTY TWO GRAMS) of protein

lol that's not true. There are lots of manly af vegan men :)

Holy shit this is some next level broscience. Phd thesis material.

You do realize that plants are alive, right?

Until you get some fucking chloroplasts, you're gonna have to kill to live. So you might as well eat meat.

because my religion proscribes lactovegetarianism and says vegans are retards.

>it's an user conflates soy-based estrogen with naturally occurring estrogen in females episode

If you eat any meat that isn't organic/grass fed, or any dairy whatsoever, you're ingesting easily as much, if not more estrogen (and antibiotics because of the universally unsanitary conditions of cattle, and animal agriculture) than any vegfag who only eats soy-based veganfaggot shit.
By the way, soy isn't the only thing that vegans eat, far from it. It's mostly used in substitute meats, and even much of that doesn't have soy in it.

It's like if you were from India, and you grew up vegetarian/vegan by being a Jain/Hindu, and somebody tried getting you to be a meat eater, and you declined saying that you wouldn't want to become instantaneously obese by eating such unhealthily low quality food.

I guarantee 95% of the people in this thread are white.

Only white people sit around splitting hairs about nutrition bullshit.

I don't know why, but it's true. I guarantee almost none of you in this thread have brown eyes.

Probably a bait trip, but-
>tfw no non partisan loyalist, loyal ethical veganaryanmasterrace androgynous bf toobeeonnest
Feels sad, sad!
Oh well, it's a nice idea anyway.

Lol

Citrus in the wound.
To be fair though, I doubt anybody is wfo they imply, or say that they are here unless they provide a timestamp.
I'm sure there are actual vegan traps/trannies, so the idea is still attractive.
Unfortunately, they're most likely often vegans, I'd imagine, because they're hardline SJWs about other shit, too.
They're such a disproportionately low percentage of people in the world, that it's so unlikely that I, or many others would ever meet (knowingly) any tarps or trains, and they'd also meet our personality/visual standards, and also be compatible.
Like trying to find a fucken faerie.

A faerie you say?

Well you'll probably never get to date a trap, but that doesn't mean I'm not who I say I am.

>Why aren't you a vegan?

If you're that interested you might as well suck my dick

>wfo
this is your brain on veegunnizm

>Brad

So veganism is what makes him distinct from Chad. When will science solve the mystery of Thad?

I'm semi-feeling this. On one hand, it certainly wouldn't hurt "nature" if we limited ourselves to eating healthier meats like Chicken/Fish. On the other hand, fuck I love some steak and eggs in the morning!

The way I look at it is like this, if the entire population of north America turned in to vegans today, there would still probably be 5.8 billion people on the planet still consuming meat.

tl;dr

It's pointless to even think about becoming a vegan.

Being vegan is only possible today due to science and globalism. Go ahead and look up how many plants have b12 and the effects of pernicious anemia.

Oh and the number 1 cause of rain forest deforestation these days? Clearing land for farms.

Chemical runoff from farming is also creating huge dead zones in the ocean (nitrogen imbalance). The Gulf of Mexico dead zone is 6000 square miles of hypoxic death to ocean dwelling creature.

So you can't even use the excuse that farming is better for the ecology.

I swear that I will go vegan if you post bp. Or tits at least. Or feet, I can live with feet. I will be vegan forever, I swear it by the old gods and the new.

Think about this. You can save a lot of animals here. Can you live with yourself if you don't?

But we farm a lot because animals need to be fed like 7lbs of plants for every 1lb of animal. If we just stepped a trophic level down and ate the plants directly we'd need far less farming to obtain the same calories and nutrients. Oh and no animals don't eat grass, we feed them mostly wheat, beans, corn, oats, and rice.

Yes so? I mean nobody is denying that. Veganism has only recently become possible. That's why it's worth considering now, because it's actually possible now. Saying that you refuse to do it because it wasn't possible a hundred years ago is like refusing to use the Internet because it wasn't around a century ago.

All Americans going vegan would not only have a enormous environmental impact, it could also inspire change in other countries.

/thread

I find it pretty funny that in that infograph no mention of b12 is made at all, considering that vegans are chronically deficient in b12.
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

Amazing vegan argument as always.

And I'm sure your dog/cat will be walking on two legs soon enough with all the cooked meat their eating, right?

>just eat 40 oz of tofu! XDDDD

>allowed us means the same thing as caused us
Go ahead and never post here again hombre.

Yum, roadkill.

>52 grams of protein

>How the fuck do you guys think oxen and gorillas get so big when they have totally different genetics from human beings?