So how are you supposed to form a diet for yourself if when up until this point in your life you've been a literal baby...

So how are you supposed to form a diet for yourself if when up until this point in your life you've been a literal baby who can't cook anything and starves themselves if there isn't anything microwavable in the house when their mom isn't home?

What's worse is that I'm also a very pick eater. Has anyone else been in this situation before? How did you learn how to eat right?? I'm not even overweight, I just can't lose the few pounds I want to lose because I don't know how to keep my calories down!

Oh hey, alternate me.
Learn to cook. For real. It's not only a necessary skill but also the best way to control what you eat and quantities.
Since you have the palate of a five year old, I also recommend checking the nutritional values of what you eat.
From there, it depends on your obsession. You can eyeball the calories and ratios or count everything.

Check the diet section of the sticky, and try integrating new things in your diet, even in small portions.

I know everything about fitness, and the way for you to fix your problem is to grow up.

How did you learn?

How old are you?

Man the fuck up then

>has anyone else ever been in this situation

No, because I'm not an utterly helpless faggot.

Have fun not making it, buttlord.

I'm not a man.

just get your mommy to make you some tendies. You have google to teach you how to cook fucktard.

I have been cooking my own meals since I was 13 u big man baby start simple fuck head.. eggs&ketchup build your base work from there or die trying this is the way the world really works.

>woman can't take care of herself

Typical.

I was just asking for some advice. I don't know where to start.

Grow up.

you're a big guy

God damn millineals.

Let this pathetic, useless excuse for a person in OP be a painful lesson for you future parents on how shitty most of our parents were and what not to do. The incessant coddling, the plethora of awards given for just existing and the neglect of real-world skill teaching all leading to a generation of value-choked oxygen theives.

Be a man OP and try to learn something on your own for once in your life. God damn I'm mad

Start mimicking what your mother does, google it, ask someone, watch videos of gordon ramsey as motivation... Whatever, just start.

My mom is fatter than I am, as in she's actually overweight. She doesn't count calories and doesn't even having measuring cups or scales in the kitchen. It's all by hand.

I'm not a man jfc lol.

>loses his shit to a dude that can't cook on Veeky Forums
wew lad

Here's your final ((you)). Thanks for the bait.

I'm literally just asking for advice on how to cook and you just sperged out for no reason lmao.

Ok, the spoon-feeding stops here.
You have access to infinite resources about cooking and diets.
Pick something simple, gather the ingredients (even better if YOU go buy them) and learn the proper technique to achieve it.
Boom, you have one recipe. Done. Now repeat.

Browse fit some, read the stick for a basic guideline.

Google a TDEE calculator and figure out a baseline to work with.

OP is a tranny just so you know

start with very basic shit

Breakfast
-oatmeal. You can add protein powder, berries, nuts, sugar, etc.

lunch
-sandwich with deli meats/veg

dinner
-get rice cooker
-look up most basic rice/chicken/veg recipes. Super fucking easy.

And slowly expand your cooking skills by trying new shit.

Alright, that actually doesn't sound so bad. Thanks.

I think I have it in my head that the recipes have to be like super complex but I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really have to be.

What is it with women nowadays and not knowing the first thing about cooking? My gf is like this. Do your moms not teach you or do you just not listen?

Anyway, OP, I don't understand how you can asking this question when the answer is right in front of you. You are asking an anime imageboard how to do something, when you can just google anything you want and get instant information.

This how I cook:
>Ask myself what I want
>Hm how about some chicken
>Look up some chicken recipes
>Scroll around until I find one that looks good that I have all the ingredients for
>Follow instructions
>Make some basic out-of-the-way box sides to go with if desired

That's it. Some basic tips to help you on the right direction:
Learn to use basic spices. Oregano, basil, garlic, cumin, red pepper.
Learn how to use olive oil.
Baking is healthier than frying.
Always salt your pasta water.

google you stupid idiot
literally go to any cooking website and try recipes out they probably have beginner sections for that cooking is piss easy

For you