An Earlier German

Was there a point in German history where Germany could have been united prior to it's historic unification?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>could have been
Mate, Germany WAS united before the Holy Roman Empire became a decentralized fucking meme

Kingdom of Germany, the core of the early HRE

>uhhhhh unifications, blobs like in my eu4 game, centralization - all of theze dings are good!

Best scenario would have been under Spanish Hapsburg control.

Only with Latin guidance, can the German be valuable to society.

source.

why were a bunch of principalities or free cities good instead?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany

It wasn't. It was just divided into bigger duchies.

>civil war after every election
>unified

Those dukes didn't have the same amount of political independence as the 18th century princes

This was medieval Europe, civil wars and rebellions happened all the time and it happened to everyone

Only because the early kings/emperors were more powerful.

Because no one was truly unified. In Germany it was especially bad with civil wars after every election and princes openly conspiring against their king with Slavs or the French.

Uhm, yes, thats exactly what i meant. Less independence for the vassals = more power to the liege, this is self-explanatory.

It was entirely dependent on who was the king. Henry IV was already fucked. His rule is marked by constant civil wars.

No, because "Germany" is a made up meme and made up nationality created in 19th century to combat ethnicaly superior nations like British and French

*made up state

>4065779

bump

Please give me an instance in which OP said the this would be a good thing

yes

the crown of a decentralized and democratic German Empire centered in Frankfurt and including Austria was offered top the Prussian king but he declined so he could form Germany on his own terms

IMO this would've been a way superior German state