Stop defending Isonzo

Stop defending Isonzo

he killed millions

he destroyed AH manpower by failing to take it on purpose

He was playing 17d chess all along

Definition of autism

That and he forced Germans to relocate some troops, he was the genius that saved the Entente.

No, the ruskies did that.

italians did not get btfo by gommies though

Ummmm, sweetie. Russia only succeeded because of Cadorna's battles, sweetie.

To bad he lost at the 2D chess part

P*edmontese should be banned from military command.

I'm pretty sure that's just Von Hotzendorfs equally brilliant leadership

How can one man be so based?

>the sixth gorillionth assault of Isonzo river

Some say that even today he still plans many more attacks on the Isonzo river

>be me, Luigi Cadorna
>Italian army is somewhat shit, not enough time to train officer corps, but still have decent enough manpower
>Learn to not overextend from the lessons of the Roman Empire
>Instead of launching an offensive deep into Austrian croatia that would result in inevitable failure despite initial success, intentionally fight battles along the Isonzo to a standstill to bleed out Austria & make Germany sweat by opening up another front.
>plan only "fails" on the twelfth iteration, after taking out 200,000 Austrians & forcing the Germans to relocate an entire army to fight me
>central powers fall right into my trap as they suffer a crushing defeat at Monte Grappa shortly after
>be hated in my day due to incompetence
>tfw I know I will eventually be thought of as a modern day Fabius Maximus

the russians succeeded because of austro-hungarian autism in general

>sole achievement was helping to bleed the austro-hungarians dry when the russian galician offensive had already broken their backs by 1916
>germans just relocate a few thousand men to stabilize the line and take them back after the twelfth isonzo
>durr im a stwategic jeenyus!

*send a few thousand men to stabilize the line after the 12th isonzo, and then take them back

>galician offensive
*brusilov offensive
jesus I'm out of it today

All the battles of the isonzo taken together result in 345,370 austro-hungarian casualties, the Brusilov offensive alone is almost twice that.

umm you're wrong honey

you nigger

Truly he is Austria's finest war hero.

YES